Does this seem fair for Ideal Logic Combi Boiler 30 kW

Options
1235»

Comments

• bridgedino
    Options
    How large is your property and what's your household head count? Showers, baths etc?

Any boiler only uses its full kW power for heating the hot water that's drawn off, the heating of radiators only uses a smaller portion of the kW

If your household hot water usage isn't huge then could you consider a small kW boiler? Therefor giving you more options for your money

You will regret buying a bad boiler. Often they are cheeper but their parts are more expensive and potentially harder to source

You get what you pay for
  • wayne5briggs
    Options
    Ideal logic boilers have many faults, main one is the diverted valve failing, or washers inside the boiler becoming dislodged and flooding properties. Baxi are a better alternative.
  • Seronera
    Options
    Ideal logic boilers have many faults, main one is the diverted valve failing, or washers inside the boiler becoming dislodged and flooding properties. Baxi are a better alternative.

Well they have now sold well over a million Logics in the UK in five years. I've installed a few and none of them have ever gone wrong, and from what one hears they are a great success.

The story with the diverter is that the supplier changed the spec without telling ideal and this caused minor leaks. They have been rectified free even if out of warranty. Havn't heard of any floodings whatsoever. There were a few faulty heat exchangers, but only a few. Warranty work is usually done on a next day basis for the simple reason that they havn't had to do that much.

Such is the confidence in the product that the 5 year warranty is currently extended to 7 years for Logic Plus models (the + is the one to go for) I serviced two today that I installed a year ago. Neither has been any trouble at all and they were as clean as a whistle. I also serviced a Worcester Bosch 30 CDi combi today and that looks a mess by comparison. You only have to see where they have hidden the pressure relief valve on a Worcester to know they are designed by idiots.

I still havn't installed my Logic as my now 22 year old Ideal Turbo 2 Condensing boiler is still going just fine. I'l get round to it one day. This week I fixed a Baxi Solo2, a Vokera Linea Max, A Worcester 24i RSF, an Ideal Isar, A Worcester Greenstar 30 Cdi

So all the Ideal bashers can go take a running jump. Not only is the Logic a good piece of kit, but so is their high level range the Vogue, which is as good as a Vaillant or Viessmann boiler...either of which I'd prefer to a Worcester Bosch any day of the week.

Seronera
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    not sure why the need to dig up a dormant thread
  • Seronera
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    not sure why the need to dig up a dormant thread

To make it current maybe?

Seronera