PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• j5emm
    j5emm Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Reply from dorothy Perkins, not upheld, says it was sold to me on the telephone and I have had paperwork about the terms and conditions etc etc. Ahh well Ive had others upheld that were from the same time under same circumstances, I suppose I should be happy with what I've got!
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    angel_whip wrote: »
    * Would claiming PPI in some way jeapordise his DMP - although from research I think this is a no...
    No
    * ...does he claim from the original company he got the loans / credit cards with?
    Yes
    * If there is PPI monies owed, and the debt has been sold on, would the money go to pay off the debt (which would be totally fine) or go to him?
    If the debt has truly been sold on, to him, if there were no amounts outstanding/defaulted/in arrears which is likely on a debt that's been sold on, so more than likely they'll go towards the debt.
    * Are there any other considerations?
    I'm really tempted for him to use a Claims Management company.

Don't. If he hs any outstanding arrears etc as described above with any of these companies, the redress will/may go to that first, which is good because it lowers his debt [ If they haven't been sold on]. Unfortunately, if you use a CCompany and the above happens, you'll still be liable to pay them their share even if you haven't received any redress, so you'll be putting yourselves in further debt.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • ade20
    ade20 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi can anyone advise, i had a loan in 2008 with first plus, now elderbridge, i am trying to claim back my mis sold ppi, but when i contact barclays bank , who do all the paying out, they say that freedom finance was the broker and have now closed down and they where the ones that sold me the ppi, i dont remember having any conversations with ff , are barclays fobbing me off, what do i do now, i will fight till i get it!!!!
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 9 February 2017 at 9:24AM
    Options
    Contact FSCS
    https://www.fscs.org.uk/contact-us/

I believe they pay 90% compensation, they do not give full redress or the 8% interest.

FP sold many loans through a broker and as the broker sold it to you for FP, it is these you would make a claim too.
    As they have gone bust, you can use the FSCS as you took this out after 14th January 2005.

Lucky for you, if it was before then, you would have no recourse.

Reason for mis sell, Single premium, this was in effect a loan on the loan repaid over the loan term with interest.
  • _Rog_
    Options
    Hi,

In 1995 my Parents took a loan which they believe had mis-sold PPI.

Barclays arranged a meeting in their branch office between my Parents and Backford Investments Ltd, Finance Brokers (dfd?, FISA registered, fair trade approved).
    Backford's arranged a loan for them with AFC – Assured Funding Corp. Ltd (CCA registered) and 'introduced' JS Kennedy and Co. Ltd, Insurance Brokering Service to the Finance Industry (IBRC enrolled?) to arrange / administer the insurance with 'Certain Underwriters at Lloyd's of London'.

If all the 'companies' were still around my Parents would complain to Backford's or JS Kennedy? Unfortunately only Barclays and Lloyd's of London still exist.
    It seems JS Kennedy was a 'Lloyd's broker', would that mean they were an 'appointed representative' of Lloyd's? Could my Parents therefore complain to Lloyd's of London about the PPI?
    Is there anyone else to complain to as it's pre-2005? & Ultimately is there any chance of reclaiming any PPI payments?

Thanks for your help...

(My Parents asked for a loan amount, AFC put it into their bank and paid JS Kennedy a smaller amount for a "Protected Income Plan" - this was payment insurance in case of Personal Accident, Sickness and Redundancy. All signed agreements they still have are with these 2 companies.
    They were told the insurance would cover the loan payments if my Father was sick and couldn't work, would cover them if he became unemployed and that by not taking the PPI it would mean they were likely to be refused the loan.
    He was Self-Employed and reviewing the paperwork they still have now, there was an exclusion in the small print for redundancy if the insured person is self-employed. He also tried to claim on the insurance for a few weeks when he couldn't work, but was told his illness wasn't covered by the insurance. In paperwork to his solicitor in 1997 he mentioned he was "made to take out" this insurance when taking the loan.
    My Parents made one payment every month for 2.5 years to pay back the total amount (the loan to them + the payment to JS Kennedy + interest) until they asked for a settlement figure from City Mortgaging Services who were then administering the loan, and paid it off.)
  • Chesterpaws
    Options
    Hi all.

It's just recently occurred to me that I had a car finance arrangement with a company called PSA finance between 2000-2004. I no longer have the car or any of the paperwork. Can anyone give me any advice on how to find out if I had PPI on this arrangement and if I did how to get it repaid.

Many thanks
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,461 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all.

It's just recently occurred to me that I had a car finance arrangement with a company called PSA finance between 2000-2004. I no longer have the car or any of the paperwork. Can anyone give me any advice on how to find out if I had PPI on this arrangement and if I did how to get it repaid.

Many thanks

You need to ask PSA finance.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Without any documentation from your own archive, the odds are weighted against there still being any record of this loan and any insurance. Even if you did have PPI, though,it sounds as if this was arranged through a Car dealer during a period when they were not regulated. This would likely further scupper any complaint you might make.

In the first instance you might want to approach PSA Finance and enquire if they have kept a record 13 years on.
  • alessandra
    Options
    Hello,

I was sold a life insurance at the time of opening my mortgage in 1995, is that a form of PPI? thank you for any response!
    A.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No. It's a form of life insurance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills