PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,346 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you, the only info I have is the settlement letter. Was wondering though if its necessary to fill out another form as it will just be duplicating what I have said. Is this normally the case?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    katies_mum wrote: »
    Thank you, the only info I have is the settlement letter. Was wondering though if its necessary to fill out another form as it will just be duplicating what I have said. Is this normally the case?

If their form asks for information that you didn't provide then it'll only harm your complaint if you don't tell them anything as you might be missing an opportunity to present evidence that supports your case. Remember you are alleging a wrongdoing so you need to support your case with evidence why you feel there is a problem
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,346 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply. I`ll fill it out and send it off even though duplicating what they have, then at least I will know I have done what I can to support my claim.
  • j5emm
    j5emm Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So had my ppi complaint upheld by barclaycard today, just under 2k on its way to me, unfortunate for the husband his complaint wasn't upheld so he's not a happy bunny! Wanted to say thanks to everyone on here that's helped me along the way. I'm just waiting on a reply from studio cards then that's all my complaints dealt with, just under 8k in total and all by a single email to each provider. I haven't filled in any questionnaires or answered any requests for further information ( husband did answer some questions during a phone call last week to barclaycard)
    Thanks again to u all
    Happy me ��
  • LOji
    Options
    Hi all,

I recently made a PPI Claim against Barclaycard using the Resolver tool. When using the tool, I uploaded a file which showed a Payment Protection Plan payment on one of my Barclaycard statements, as well as a letter from the broker (CPP Ltd) that Barclaycard used for the PPI.

Barclaycard have written back to me, and have stated that they “have been unable to find a PPI policy on your account using the information you have provided, or within our internal systems”. They also go on to state that they have “investigated for evidence of PPI premiums that you paid” and conclude that “they have not identified a PPI policy and your complaint will be closed

In short, they say I’m not due any refund. I’m very surprised at the outcome given that I attached clear evidence of my statement which showed the payment. I’m now second guessing if I ever had PPI, but the statement clearly shows that I made payments.

The letter from Barclaycard also states that a "Financial Ombudsman Service Letter is enclosed" - but it isn't.

What should be my next steps? I’m assuming it would be to contact the Financial Ombudsman? I’m hesitant to do so as I’m second guessing myself now, and wouldn't want to pursue a dead end.

I also still have an account with Barclaycard - will my relationship with them be affected if I contact the Financial Ombudsman??

All advice and help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    :money:
  • alanis54
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I will start by apologising in advance as I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere in this forum already.
    I contacted Santander about a Topshop card I applied for instore in 2003; they have confirmed that I did pay PPI on this (which I don't remember ever being explained to me at the time of opening the account).
    Santander have said they will not uphold my complaint as they believe there is no evidence to say the terms of the policy weren't explained at the time. They enclosed a copy of the credit agreement which was signed by me at the time - the Sales Assistant has marked 'X' on the form in the 2 places where I had to sign. Looking at this form the Sales Assistant's handwriting is clearly different from my own; she filled out the whole form and ticked that I was in permanent employment at the time.
    I was actually a full-time student nurse at the time and was employed as a temporary ad-hoc care assistant, however I definitely wasn't employed for the minimum 16 hours a week as stated on the policy. I know this because during hospital placement I was rota'd on like a full-time staff member, therefore would have been unable to work a further 16 hours every week!

Would it be worth contacting the Ombundsman about this? Has anyone else had success with any similar situations?

I have contacted my University and requested they provide confirmation that I was a full time nursing student at the time and thinking I could maybe use this as evidence?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    LOji wrote: »
    Hi all,

I recently made a PPI Claim against Barclaycard using the Resolver tool. When using the tool, I uploaded a file which showed a Payment Protection Plan payment on one of my Barclaycard statements, as well as a letter from the broker (CPP Ltd) that Barclaycard used for the PPI.

Barclaycard have written back to me, and have stated that they “have been unable to find a PPI policy on your account using the information you have provided, or within our internal systems”. They also go on to state that they have “investigated for evidence of PPI premiums that you paid” and conclude that “they have not identified a PPI policy and your complaint will be closed

In short, they say I’m not due any refund. I’m very surprised at the outcome given that I attached clear evidence of my statement which showed the payment. I’m now second guessing if I ever had PPI, but the statement clearly shows that I made payments.

You do know that CPP and PPI are not the same thing? CPP weren't a broker for PPI, they sold card protection, not payment insurance protection.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    alanis54 wrote: »
    I have contacted my University and requested they provide confirmation that I was a full time nursing student at the time and thinking I could maybe use this as evidence?

Did they include a 'you can go to the FOS' letter or did they just say your complaint is over?
    If there's no FOS leaflet, you don't have access to the FOS.
    However, there's nothing stopping you getting this information and asking them to reconsider their rejection.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    LOji wrote: »
    Hi all,

The letter from Barclaycard also states that a "Financial Ombudsman Service Letter is enclosed" - but it isn't.

What should be my next steps? I’m assuming it would be to contact the Financial Ombudsman? I’m hesitant to do so as I’m second guessing myself now, and wouldn't want to pursue a dead end.

I also still have an account with Barclaycard - will my relationship with them be affected if I contact the Financial Ombudsman??

All advice and help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    :money:

CPP is not PPI, they're 2 different policies that do different things. If you had CPP but complained about PPI then it's probably what caused the rejection.

The CPP refund scheme post 2005 is closed
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    Did they include a 'you can go to the FOS' letter or did they just say your complaint is over?
    If there's no FOS leaflet, you don't have access to the FOS.
    However, there's nothing stopping you getting this information and asking them to reconsider their rejection.

2003 / store card so pre-regulation

User can try genworth as unlikely to get anywhere else with Santander
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport