PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    you only write to the institution that sold you the cover, so you complain to debenhams.
    I concur.
    Mis-selling can only be done by the seller.
  • haysi2309
    Options
    But surely that will alter the terms of my repayments which have been set by the courts- sorry im totally confused by it all and would prefer that money helping me now and not them simply deducting it from there already extortionate charge
  • bobby1000
    Options
    I sent letters to all my previous lenders about 2 weeks ago, awaiting reply's from most of them. I requested a copy of my agreement with them all - RBS have now sent me a letter stating thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the misselling of PPI and get in touch again as I did not provide specific reasons for complaints. I never stated on any of my letters that it was regarding PPI. Do I now assume that with RBS I did have PPI on this loan if they have sent me this letter?

Thanks
  • peanutbutter_cups
    Options
    hi bobby,
    yeah id give it a go as it does sound like u had ppi on it and they want more details as these days any1 asking for copies of agreement tend to be looking to see if it had ppi on it
  • peanutbutter_cups
    Options
    haysi
    give them a ring as they may redo your payments so u pay less a month or if they dont at least u wont have aslong to pay.unfortuantly they are in their right to knock it off anything u owe them
  • imntmad
    Options
    Hi there,

I have a catalogue account with Very (Littlewoods home shopping), and have had since 2008. Due to the fact I have existing medical conditions I have always avoided PPI, as I knew the reason I would most likely have to claim, would not be covered.

I recently discovered I had PPI on my Very account - which I know nothing about, after imdeiately cancelling it, stating at the time that I didn't realise I had PPI, I wrote to Very, (using the guides on here), reclaiming my PPI as misold, on the basis I would have been excluded due to medical conditions, plus a few others (didn't know I had it, wasn't asked about medical condidtions, no-one checked policy suitable, had alternate finance available, other options not discussed/offered etc etc).

After almost 3 months of stalling, they have finally written to me rejecting my claim, stating I opened the account online, and would have had to tick a box for the PPI, and also tick a box stating I head read all the T&C's, therefore I should have known better! (slightly paraphrased, but basically what they are saying).

Is this true, or are they just hoping I'll go away and drop the case?

What is my next step - straight to the FSO? or do I go back to Very and ask them to prove I ticked the box and it wasn't 'pre-ticked' or use another argument with them before I go to the FSO?

Thanks all
  • Paddyt_2
    Options
    Hi, I'm into the 4th week of a claim with HFC bank a loan taken out in 1995 which included front loaded ppi. They requested evidence of payments and I have provided a year's worth of bank statements from 1998-1999 showing the regular payment each month. I also have statements from 1990-1994 but annoyingly cannot find statements from 1994-1997 - will a SAR to my bank (barclays) help produce these missing statements - in branch they could only print out the last 6 years. I'm just trying to pre-empt HFC asking for evidence of every payment not just the last 12. Thanks
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    sonny22 wrote: »
    I have not posted before, apologies if I have started in the wrong place! I have contacted Barclays regarding mis sold PPI sending copies of the agreements, they turned me down stating they are unable to locate my customer records. The PPI goes back to 1986. I contacted them by phone and was told by the young lady who I spoke to to contact the Ombudsman. Do you suggest I do that or contact one of the PPI refund companies?
    Many thanks

If you have no paperwork regarding this loan then you may have to call it a day with this,a claims co need you to get the account info, you cannot get this so you have no need of a company.
  • amersall
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    you will be unable to claim from the same bank again with a ppi company - all they do anyway is make you get all the information, then they post it.

The poster has not made a claim yet, they asked for info on the loan :D
  • amersall
    Options
    ok folks I'll keep this as brief as i can.....

Sent letter to HSBC in May, got a letter back late May saying looking into claim etc etc.

Since a couple of months ago ive been trying to ring the 023 8072 3838 number where it just rings dead after recorded messages.
    Anyway finally got to speak to someone at HSBC.......I gave them my details yesterday Fri 14th Sept and the woman said that my claim had been upheld and that a letter stating this was sent out in July.....to my old address.... DOH! Although she could tell me the good news that i was due a payout she couldnt tell me the amount i am to receive. A copy of the July dated letter is being sent out on Monday to my current address....2 months after the original letter.

So i am sat here on a Saturday evening, waiting for the x Factor, and wondering just how much i am to receive.
    My payout is for a loan that i took out in the late 1990's but i can't remember how much it was for. Maybe 5k?
    My question to the forum is how much is the letter likely to state my payout will be?
    Any feedback would be appreciated!!!

Ta very much! :o

You will get the total PPI amount and the 8%.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback