PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• cappo
    cappo Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Options
    liesa030 wrote: »
    Thank you.

Were your loans with Lloyds TSB? From looking at here they look like they are being a bit tough!:(

Hi 2 with tsb 8 with hsbc.
  • k_moor25
    k_moor25 Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    My offer letter has been posted today does this mean I will get all ppi back?
  • andy321
    Options
    Hi All

I have had two large loans (£50k+) from picture finance, the first being paid off by the second which is still ongoing. I received a letter last week saying 'your 5 year insurance policy has is about to expire.....' which was a surpise as I didn't realise we had it!

In each of the last two years we've recieved 'cashback' on the anniversary of the loan and looking back it would seem this was in effect a 'no claims bonus' on this insurance.

Having poured over the paperwork I seem to have agreed to a total of almost £13k in PPI, I didn't know I had it and didn't need it (have other insurance).

Any specific tips on Picture Loans please?

Thanks
    Andy
    #
  • booshy01
    booshy01 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 23 August 2012 at 5:53PM
    Options
    Hi all
    I intend to make a claim for PPI from aliance & Leicester credit card, now owned by MBNA. Had a reply today to my section 78 request and it has completely thrown me can anyone offer advice, reply was " We are unable to comply with your request, for as long as this continues, we will not issue court proceedings against you to recover any amount owed either now or in the future" Then goes on that I should continue making payments as the debt continues to exist and has not been extinguished so you continue to have an obligation to pay" Then goes on to say if you fall behind on payments they will report it to credit reference agencies including a default against my name. They end by saying this has recently been confirmed in 2 high court decisions: McGuffick V RBS and Carey V HSBC. I had only asked for a copy of my agreement, the card is still current no arrears no defaults. Any advice welcome. Regards PS I did include £1.00 cheque which was not returned!
  • liesa030
    Options
    k_moor25 wrote: »
    My offer letter has been posted today does this mean I will get all ppi back?

Sounds like it...who is it with? Well done :D
  • k_moor25
    k_moor25 Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    liesa030 wrote: »
    Sounds like it...who is it with? Well done :D
    Natwest Bank
  • jay-1
    jay-1 Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    booshy01 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I intend to make a claim for PPI from aliance & Leicester credit card, now owned by MBNA. Had a reply today to my section 78 request and it has completely thrown me can anyone offer advice, reply was " We are unable to comply with your request, for as long as this continues, we will not issue court proceedings against you to recover any amount owed either now or in the future" Then goes on that I should continue making payments as the debt continues to exist and has not been extinguished so you continue to have an obligation to pay" Then goes on to say if you fall behind on payments they will report it to credit reference agencies including a default against my name. They end by saying this has recently been confirmed in 2 high court decisions: McGuffick V RBS and Carey V HSBC. I had only asked for a copy of my agreement, the card is still current no arrears no defaults. Any advice welcome. Regards PS I did include £1.00 cheque which was not returned!

This reply is usually given if the account is closed - anyway you do not need terms etc as all you need is account number and reason for mis sell then send to MBNA
  • wookiewoman
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new to the forum but I don't know where else to go!
    I put in my claim for PPI on around 6 loans with Lloyds TSB. These all had PPI which I wasn't told I didn't have to have, I am a Civil Servant so I have a years sick pay and death in service benefit, I also have a pre-existing medical condition which would have made my policy invalid anyway.
    I made the complaint directly to Lloyds over the phone and received a letter confirming that they were investigating my complaint on the 8th May. On the 28th June I had a letter from Lloyds stating that due to the amount of complaints they had taken on new staff but would need up to a further 8 weeks to give me a final decision.
    Today those 8 weeks are up (16 weeks since the complaint was opened) and I still don't have an answer.
    I telephoned the PPI line yesterday (a call centre in India) and was told my case was still showing as "under investigation" on the system and that I should phone today. I called again around 1pm to be told there still wasn't a decision and that the complaint wouldn't be over- due until after 3pm and to call back then. Which I did. And STILL no decision. I was just told that I have to be patient! Which I have been for the last 16 weeks! I asked to speak to a manager and just kept being told the complaint was being investigated and to be patient!
    I have spoken to the FSA and the Financial Ombusman and they only thing they can do is start the process from the beginning again and seek further compensation- a process that could take another 12 to 18 months! Is there anyway of complaining about the actual handling of the complaint rather than the selling of the PPI in the first place??
    This is causing many a sleepless night and a lot of anxiety. :mad:
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    trolop wrote: »
    Hi all,need a bit of advise really.I lodged a complaint with the HSBC over 3 loans that I suspect had PPI on.I have received a letter stating that as it was longer than 6 years ago they annot find my paperwork and can I supply bank statements or the agreement.They also say that they cannot find any evidence that I took out PPI,this has confused me as they have stated they cannot find the paperwork.All 3 where consecutive loans and I was moved onto a managed loan as I lost my job sometime back in 2000?I clearly remember the person telling me that they would have to cancel my PPI when I moved onto the managed loan.
    Please does anyone have any Ideas what to do now?Thankyou in anticipation of any response.
    You will need to provide some sort of proof for them, ie statement showing the loan transaction or a copy of the loan agreement, or you could do a sar, however they are very slow, I've been waiting 40 days so far, they haven't even produced my sar info yet.......
  • alwaysmugged
    Options
    Missjoc wrote: »
    i received a letter this morning from Black Horse saying they are not upholding my claim.

The reasons i gave for being mis sold was that i didnt believe i was given any information on the policy and other options available, i believe i had to have the policy to have more chance of being successful with my application and also that it was a single premium PPI and the full cost and unfair rebate of this PPI was not explained to me at the point of sale.

The letter goes on about reasons why they think it was sold appropritely, one being ''in order to assess whether a single premium policy was suitable for you we have considered all of your circumstances, including the likelihood at the time of sale that you would refinance your loan, wether you did actually refinance and the overall financial impact to you of that refinancing.We have concluded that it was not inappropriate to have recommended a single premium to you''

they also say ''it should be noted that, as this sale was prior to 14th January 2005, the sale of PPI was not regulated by the Financial Services Authority, however, i have considered the appropriate regulatory requirements for the sale''

and the final statement of the letter says ''In the event you remain unhappy with my decision, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Finance and Leasing Association. This complaint in not eligible for consideration by the Financial Ombudsman Service as they are only able to consider complaints regarding policies that were sold by us between 1st December 2001 and 31st March 2003 and from 14th January 2005''

I just wondered what peoples thoughts were on this and is there any point taking it further?

The letter also says if i am not happy with this decision, please contact them with further evidence to support your claim. I thought a copy of the agreement highlighting the single premium policy part would be enough, but obviously not

All help would be greatly appreciated, thank you :)

hi,
    I got the same reply as yourself from Blackhorse ,with exactly the same reasons.I was self employed,it was single premium and i was told it would help getting the loan if i took the PPI.
    My loan was 2004 and the Finance and Leasing Assoc are now dealing with my complaint.
    Go ahead and complain to them,don't let Black Horse grind you down.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback