Options

Comments

• jay-1
    jay-1 Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    tich2 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am looking for a bit of advice if possible. I have had a letter through from Barclaycard with reference to my Egg Credit Card. They have sent me the usual FOS questionnaire and also a covering letter.

In the letter they have stated they would be grateful if I could send them the information listed below to help resolve my complaint.

1. Clarification of my account number
    2. Confirmation of my current address
    3. Proof of my signature
    4. Proof of my date of birth
    5. Please complete and sign the attached FOS Questionnaire.

Obviously all of these details are in the FOS Questionnaire or do they want me to provide extra documents.
    My Egg Credit Card number that I have is in the questionnaire as is my current address.
    By proof of signature I am not sure what they want or by my date of birth.
    Has anyone done this and know what to do.
    Thanks

I would think you would need to sent copy of bank statement, a utillity bill,and passport showing DOB and signature.Give them a call and ask if copies will be ok.
  • richandstrange
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    It would not be worth a Sar to be honest, Santander will not have the data now, call into a branch of Santander if you can, they may be able to help you more.

You could ask for the paperwork that proves there was no PPI, they have said you had no PPI, ask them to prove this.

I'll give it a whirl; after all, up to a few weeks ago I didn't think I had any paperwork for a PPI claim.
    Do you think it would be worth pursuing through FOS, if all else fails, or would they simply ask Santander for the information? I think I've answered that myself haven't I? I am becoming consumed by a completely unfounded suspicion of Santander.
  • jdwmfc
    jdwmfc Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    daza666 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I have recently ended the moratorium period of my DRO and i have discovered some paperwork relevant to some mis-sold ppi that i had about 8 years ago. I want to try to claim back the ppi but the company that i had the loan of was in my DRO, but it was a different loan to the one i wish to claim PPI back from. My question is, if i claim back the ppi, can the company claim it back to pay off the debt in the DRO, or will the money come strtaight to me? Any information would be welcome, thank you

They will use the money for the DRO.
    CC 1 :- £5800/ £5,800 CC2:-[STRIKE] £4513 / £4513[/STRIKE] CC3: £4622.53/ £4622.53[/STRIKE] CC4:- £8971/ £8971[/STRIKE]
    Loan:- [STRIKE]£1785.63 / £1785.63[/STRIKE] 0

Actual total debt January 2011 £39,451.30 Paid to date 39,375.77
    :beer: PPI from HSBC = £4172 :beer:
  • Helen81
    Helen81 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Conker25 wrote: »
    Hi

Apologies if this has already been asked. Just a quick question

I took out an Egg loan in October 2005 and applied online. I paid ppi, I paid one direct debit each month which included the ppi. Is this front loaded? If so does this mean I was mis sold ppi?

My loan is also paid off with them (Lloyds tsb convinced me to take a loan out with them and pay off my fixed rate egg loan!!). Will I need to do a SAR?

Thanks in advance

Not sure if you have had an answer on this.... I recently received a letter from Egg to say that I may have been mis sold PPI. Basically they added £595.00 onto my loan of about 2 grand and then I was charged interest on both the loan and the PPI. I had no monthly breakdown of what my PPI was. This should not have happened they say!! Mis sold indeed!!!
  • Conker25
    Conker25 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Helen81 wrote: »
    Not sure if you have had an answer on this.... I recently received a letter from Egg to say that I may have been mis sold PPI. Basically they added £595.00 onto my loan of about 2 grand and then I was charged interest on both the loan and the PPI. I had no monthly breakdown of what my PPI was. This should not have happened they say!! Mis sold indeed!!!

Ooo thanks. I sent off the questionnaire and copy of the statement I had yesterday with a covering letter asking for my PPI back. I stated that they had mis sold me PPI as I wasn't aware I would pay interest on top of that. So I will wait and see what they say. Would be nice to get some money back to reduce my current debt
  • Missjoc
    Options
    i received a letter this morning from Black Horse saying they are not upholding my claim.

The reasons i gave for being mis sold was that i didnt believe i was given any information on the policy and other options available, i believe i had to have the policy to have more chance of being successful with my application and also that it was a single premium PPI and the full cost and unfair rebate of this PPI was not explained to me at the point of sale.

The letter goes on about reasons why they think it was sold appropritely, one being ''in order to assess whether a single premium policy was suitable for you we have considered all of your circumstances, including the likelihood at the time of sale that you would refinance your loan, wether you did actually refinance and the overall financial impact to you of that refinancing.We have concluded that it was not inappropriate to have recommended a single premium to you''

they also say ''it should be noted that, as this sale was prior to 14th January 2005, the sale of PPI was not regulated by the Financial Services Authority, however, i have considered the appropriate regulatory requirements for the sale''

and the final statement of the letter says ''In the event you remain unhappy with my decision, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Finance and Leasing Association. This complaint in not eligible for consideration by the Financial Ombudsman Service as they are only able to consider complaints regarding policies that were sold by us between 1st December 2001 and 31st March 2003 and from 14th January 2005''

I just wondered what peoples thoughts were on this and is there any point taking it further?

The letter also says if i am not happy with this decision, please contact them with further evidence to support your claim. I thought a copy of the agreement highlighting the single premium policy part would be enough, but obviously not

All help would be greatly appreciated, thank you :)
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Hi folks, I've found a HSBC personal loan transaction on a bank statement from 1998 they've credited £6350 to my account then debited loan insurance premium £850 from my account, my questions are
    Is this front loaded ppi
    Is just a bank statement sufficient proof to reclaim( no loan agreement)
    I have requested a full refund due to the fact I was:-
    Self employed & had alternative protection
    I was told that insurance was mandatory
    What do you guys think?
    It's been 6 weeks had the were investigating letter so far.......
  • thecustomjunkie
    Options
    Hi,

I've had a response from Tesco Credit Cards saying that although they agree I was missold PPI and they are happy to refund me, they don't have any statements for my account so they don't know how much to refund me. If I can provide statements they will provide a refund, but of course I don't have any statements.

The account was settled/closed in 2009, so it seems odd to me that they don't have any records of my account.

What should I do now? My boyfriend suggests writing to them with a refund figure that I would be happy with, do you think this would work or will they insist on having statements?

Thanks for any advice!
  • thecustomjunkie
    Options
    Can a lender 'lie' about whether you had PPI or not?
  • liesa030
    Options
    Hi All

On the 13th July 2012 I complained about being pushed into taking out PPI years ago on 5 separate loans as my bank told me that as I had a low credit rating I would have a better chance in getting the loans.

Only the other day my partner pointed out to me that I would have been charged interest on my PPI because it was added to the loan and one payment was taken out of my bank each month...is this correct? I definitely wouldnt have taken out the insurance if Id had known that as I would have gone somewhere else. My partner also pointed out I had sick pay/healthcare benefits when I took out the loans (I wasnt with him at the time as some were over 10 years ago).

I only added on the above part of my complaint yesterday, as I didnt realise. Does this mean they will add another 8 weeks to the date to look into this aspect of my complaint?

Its probably a silly question, but does anyone know what the chances are of me getting my ppi money back?

Thank you
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure