Forum Home» Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance

PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5 - Page 1067

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
11K replies 1.7M views

Replies

• Sunset65Sunset65 Forumite
    2 posts
    Hello, I am very new here and this is my first post here. I have just contacted HSBC to find out what products I had PPI on as it was nearly 20 years ago. I was sold it on mortgage and loans and maybe credit card with them and remember the interviews with the person selling me ppi. My friend who brought a house at same time in same place encouraged me to claim as I thought it would be too long ago but after reading the useful guide here I decided to give it a try and claim.

Once I had contacted HSBC directly for information I found the resolver page. So my question is, once I have info from bank, which takes up to 30days should I use resolver or should I do that now and risk a cross over of requests/complaints?

Many thanks for any advice.

Tom
  • The_squirrellThe_squirrell Forumite
    228 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭
    "Once I had contacted HSBC directly for information I found the resolver page. So my question is, once I have info from bank, which takes up to 30days should I use resolver or should I do that now and risk a cross over of requests/complaints?"

Keep dealing directly. A Resolver intervention would just generate another reference number and cause confusion and delays
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • Thx for quick response..
    T.
  • edited 31 July 2019 at 11:36AM
    Gonna-be-debt-freeGonna-be-debt-free Forumite
    240 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 31 July 2019 at 11:36AM
    I have finally jumped in! After years and years of procrastinating, which I have finally recognised was fear of failure on my part, as I *KNOW* I was mis-sold PPI and that it was substantial amounts paid, I finally realised with 1 month to go that I have nothing to lose and might as well make my claims.

It's ironic really that the fear of doing it wrong can prevent action. It was easier for me to carry on knowing that I had a potential claim if I got around to it, than it was to make the claim and somehow mess it up.
  • dovemandoveman Forumite
    175 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    There's a bug with the Resolver tool at the moment as it shows Co-Operative Bank PLC in the list but when you select it, it switches to CIS General Insurance. Be grateful if someone could fix this so I don't have to do a manual letter.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Rainbowgirl84Rainbowgirl84 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    doveman wrote: »
    There's a bug with the Resolver tool at the moment as it shows Co-Operative Bank PLC in the list but when you select it, it switches to CIS General Insurance. Be grateful if someone could fix this so I don't have to do a manual letter.

Do it directly online here:-

https://complaint.ppi.co-operativebank.co.uk/ppi/#!/

There's no need to add another level of bureaucracy.
    175 posts
    Do it directly online here:-

https://complaint.ppi.co-operativebank.co.uk/ppi/#!/

There's no need to add another level of bureaucracy.

It's less convenient that way. Their questions don't allow me to give a list of previous addresses for one thing and it's easier for me if I've got all my complaints logged in Resolver.
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    12.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then i suggest you complain to Resolver. Directly.
    175 posts
    -taff wrote: »
    Then i suggest you complain to Resolver. Directly.

Actually looking at the MSE webpage again it's not Resolver's tool as I first thought, it's actually titled "Free PPI reclaiming tool from MoneySavingExpert" so I've reported it to the team. I thought I could report it in this forum thread relating to that webpage but I realise that was a waste of time now.
  • ChoobyChooby Forumite
    2 posts
    I took a mortgage out about 9 years ago and part of the condition was that I had to take out Income protection and life/illness protection. Can I still claim even though I had to sign up to those things to get my mortgage and i was aware of it? Also, the insurance was with Bupa, however I went through a financial adviser who set everything up, so would my claim (if I should claim) be against Bupa rather than the financial adviser?