PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• Sunday_Morning
    Options
    What would be the issue with accepting both refunds and then purchasing a new insurance?
  • societys_child
    Options
    What would be the issue with accepting both refunds and then purchasing a new insurance?
    You would effectively have had free insurance cover for however the policy has been in force. Do you really think they would be happy to provide you with another policy?
  • new2u
    new2u Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have no idea what the best thing to do is to be honest I'm not very clued up on it all. There's only 6 years left of our mortgage but if my husband got ill we would struggle to pay it. So would it be best to carry on the one we have or take a new one for the final 6 years? and how long do I have to make the decision?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    new2u wrote: »
    So would it be best to carry on the one we have or take a new one for the final 6 years?
    That decision is up to you and you alone.

If you want to withdraw your complaint, you can do it anytime up until the Bank cancel the insurance. However, they've already said they deem the policy sold to you was not suitable.

Of course, you are free to purchase a mortgage PPI policy from another provider (which perhaps more suits your needs) for the remaining six years of your mortgage.
  • Ladyinwaiting
    Options
    Dear all

Would anyone happen to know what a Bank of Scotland HSure policy was for? Sold in 1997

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

Would anyone happen to know what a Bank of Scotland HSure policy was for? Sold in 1997
    21 years later it's unlikely to matter what kind of insurance this was, since there is unlikely to be any record of this policy.
  • Benny_Dorm
    Options
    Do you think Olevin could also be a potential way forwards? I’ve not done a Plevin claim before :beer:
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Benny_Dorm wrote: »
    Do you think Olevin could also be a potential way forwards? I’ve not done a Plevin claim before :beer:

A Plevin complaint is automatically looked at after a complaint about PPI is rejected
  • Sunday_Morning
    Options
    You would effectively have had free insurance cover for however the policy has been in force. Do you really think they would be happy to provide you with another policy?

I'm sure a company to which someone is willing to move their mortgage to would be happy enough to provide another policy
  • ijp
    Options
    I've sent off around 20 PPI claims using MSE online forms, and the majority of the providers have said I have to give them the original account number, proof in writing, original contracts or paperwork. All my claims relate to accounts, credit cards & mortgages all closed before 2008, so they say they no longer have my details, and I've not kept old paperwork, also details are no longer on my credit report as more than 7 years ago. My original thought was to just let it go, but it feels like the banks are hiding behind this excuse, they must have archive systems, but don't know what to do now - any suggestions?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback