PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• Benny_Dorm
    Options
    Thankyou for reply.
    Tbh, at that point I was, and still am, just grateful to see some light at the end of a very dark tunnel.
    Best wishes and thanks again
  • Benny_Dorm
    Options
    Ok, Thankyou, I’ll try that. Nothing ventured etc 🙂
  • new2u
    new2u Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good afternoon
    Im hoping someone can offer me advice, we took out a mortgage in 1989 that includied ppi and i put in a ppi claim for this I recieved a reply yesterday offering me a settlement which is great, they also have looked into a more recent mortgage we took out in 2004 this also has ppi that we knew we were taking but they have also offered a settlement on this due to the fact they are unsure it met our needs at the time which is also great but im unsure whether to keep they more recent ppi in place our mortgage has 6 years left to run and we would stuggle to pay it if my husband came out of work as his is the only income, can anyone offer any advice please i dont want to make to make the wrong decision. many thanks
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you complain about the policy it will be cancelled - you can't have a refund of a policy and keep the policy so you need to speak to an adviser about whether it's necessary
  • new2u
    Options
    thanks i didnt expect them to look into the newest policy as i only sent details for the old one not the the existing one
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    new2u wrote: »
    thanks i didnt expect them to look into the newest policy as i only sent details for the old one not the the existing one

They are required to.

You cant have your cake and eat it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • new2u
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    They are required to.

You cant have your cake and eat it.

It was just a question for advice I wasn't trying to have my cake and eat it as you put it! Is there really any need?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I wasn't trying to have my cake and eat it as you put it! Is there really any need?
    No, but you need to realise that complaints of wrongdoing are taken very seriously because the regulator insists this is the case.

If you want to keep the (useful?) insurance on your current mortgage then you need to formally withdraw your complaint. If not it will be cancelled and refunded.

You can't have both a refund and continuing insurance cover; it's one or the other.

Understand and appreciate that PPI on mortgages is still retailed today.
  • new2u
    Options
    They have sent 2 settlement forms one for the old one for the new so if I only return the old one would the more recent one still carry on as normal?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    They have sent 2 settlement forms one for the old one for the new so if I only return the old one would the more recent one still carry on as normal?
    Accept any refund and that insurance will be cancelled.

You should formally withdraw your complaint in writing if you want continuation of your current insurance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback