We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    tls1974 wrote: »
    Thanks but I'm using the PPI query template not making a PPI complaint.
    Fair enough.
    tls1974 wrote: »
    I have used Resolver to successfully win a PPI claim and found it was quick -
    As already stated, the third party tool is very hit and miss. Why not just make your query direct to Tesco?
  • debt_free_soon
    Options
    Thought I'd drop in to say that I'm another who can chalk up a success.

Submitted Resolver claims for both Marbles Credit and First Direct Credit..

Marbles wrote within a few weeks to confirm that just under £1k had been paid into my nominated Current Account as settlement of my claim.

A further few weeks in, having not heard anything from FD, I called them... they'd not received anything from Resolver about my claim so took me through claiming directly which I duly did.

5 weeks later I got a letter telling me that they were upholding my claim and £4300 has been paid into my Current Account.

Thanks again MSE, between PPI and the Credit Card Charges reclaim of a few years ago I'm touching £10k better off as a direct result of this site!
    Working through my debts one company at a time
  • jamecks
    Options
    I have always declined when offered additional warranties, insurances etc. When the whole issue of PPI blew up, I just assumed that it had nothing to do with me. I've just noticed that when I took out a mortgage with Nationwide in 2003, they included free PPI for 12 months. After the 12 months was up, I phoned to cancel it. I don't believe I should be entitled to anything. However, one could make the point that the cost of the free PPI would/could have been built into the mortgage arrangement fee, and was therefore not really free. Has anyone else had experience of reclaiming 'free' PPI?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    jamecks wrote: »
    one could make the point that the cost of the free PPI would/could have been built into the mortgage arrangement fee, and was therefore not really free.
    Good luck trying to argue that one..
  • AngelHug
    Options
    Sorry if I'm posting on the wrong place as I've never done this before and I have a question. I've finally got round to making PPI claims and have had my first response offering me just under £350. That's great for a card I hardly used and the payment is made up of premiums plus interest. I just wondered if anyone had been offered a compensation payment on top? I'm not being greedy but just wondered if it was something I should ask for?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The 8% interest is the "compensation".
  • badsoden
    Options
    Hi, I raised a PPI complaint with HSBC in 2013 for a loan and a credit card. They upheld my complaint for the loan but turned me down for the credit card. Due to circumstances at the time(a complicated house purchase) I just excepted their findings and moved on. I remember thinking that I thought their reasoning was flawed but didn't have the time to follow it up. Does anyone have any knowledge of anyone reopening a PPI claim or reapplying for compensation with a bank that had already ruled on it? Or should I just except that that ship has sailed?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    badsoden wrote: »
    Does anyone have any knowledge of anyone reopening a PPI claim or reapplying for compensation with a bank that had already ruled on it?
    Your complaint was concluded in 2013. Unless you have very compelling new evidence not in your original complaint, any attempt to complain again will be met with a terse reiteration of the original rejection. You are also long past the six month period in which you could have referred your complaint to the Ombudsman.
  • badsoden
    Options
    Yes I realise that which is why I called the ombudsman for their advice. They said to give it a try but I wasn't convinced so thought I would see if anyone on here had managed to do such a thing.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    badsoden wrote: »
    Yes I realise that which is why I called the ombudsman for their advice. They said to give it a try but I wasn't convinced so thought I would see if anyone on here had managed to do such a thing.
    As I said, you'd need completely new and compelling evidence of wrong doing. Do you have this? If not, you are wasting your time.

The call centre staff at FOS are notorious for giving exactly the "advice" which potential complainants want to hear.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure