We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone have anything like this?

http://www.davisnet.com/weather/

After this year, OH is convinced one would be useful for helping us assess our microclimate. I know it's really going to be a pet gadget, but it looks like fun!
  • Sambucus_Nigra
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »

"About 32m poly, greenhouse, 30 raised beds, orchard, hut with kitchen, 2 sheds, storage garage, lawn, pond, composting loo, reed bed - it's got the lot."

Welcome, Mr Elderberry and congratulations. :)

So, mine is not the longest any more? :( Oh well, it's not all about size, but what you do with it...:D I'm just installing electric, but purely for low demand activities, like running a 40watt sand bed.
    The days of having a long heated bench or an always above 0c section are truly dead & gone. Perhaps when I get around to making a greenhouse again.....:cool:

Miss Elderberry thank you! :D Sorry to trounce your record. :p

Yes, we have heated benches in the greenhouse and I am sowing seeds in the next week for events and teaching at the start of next year. Soon comes round :eek:
    If you haven't got it - please don't flaunt it. TIA.
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You will all be glad to know that I have bought a notebook to jot down all the wonderful advice and product recommendations I have been given to save me asking the same questions every year :rotfl:
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • rozeepozee
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »
    You will all be glad to know that I have bought a notebook to jot down all the wonderful advice and product recommendations I have been given to save me asking the same questions every year :rotfl:
    That is such a good idea, Rummer. I've been thinking the same thing myself. Can you just email me your list when it's done, please :rotfl:
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    rozeepozee wrote: »
    That is such a good idea, Rummer. I've been thinking the same thing myself. Can you just email me your list when it's done, please :rotfl:

And me.

I have forgotten how to grow anything we actually eat apart from berries. :o. Two miserable gardening years and pfffft.

Why are we doing this?:o
  • Rummer
    Options
    I have just checked the weather forecast and it is due to be sunny all day tomorrow so I am going to set my alarm for early and get out there and get some things cleared. Been reading about gardening and allotments all day (while sitting on the couch drinking coffee) and I need to go out and get things measured and tidied.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dave,

Hope you are right. Tonight the apps burner os on and we have decamped into the sitting room, and pulled out thie electric heater for the dogs again.

Since it went on we have used two palates of pellets so consumption rate is staggeringly high, and the warmest we have got is seventeen, whoch is toasty for us, but.....this was meant to be sufficient todothewholehouse when we built outwards and went into the attic...,,it's seems extremely unlikely.
  • rozeepozee
    Options
    I have just checked the weather forecast and it is due to be sunny all day tomorrow so I am going to set my alarm for early and get out there and get some things cleared. Been reading about gardening and allotments all day (while sitting on the couch drinking coffee) and I need to go out and get things measured and tidied.
    I borrowed a book called the One Hour Gardener or suchlike from the library today. It's the best I can hope for at the moment.
  • Rummer
    Options
    rozeepozee wrote: »
    I borrowed a book called the One Hour Gardener or suchlike from the library today. It's the best I can hope for at the moment.

It would be good to hear what you think of it when you have finished reading through it. I really need to get myself organised. I am great at getting everything planted in wee seed trays and then I greatly lose momentum :(

Hoping that being outside tomorrow will encourage me to make a good start on clearing the beds and getting the potting shed organised.
  • rozeepozee
    Options
    It would be good to hear what you think of it when you have finished reading through it. I really need to get myself organised. I am great at getting everything planted in wee seed trays and then I greatly lose momentum :(

Hoping that being outside tomorrow will encourage me to make a good start on clearing the beds and getting the potting shed organised.
    You sound just like me....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport