We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    I've been badly scammed by a company based goodness knows where & they're pluming into my bank account - I sent off for some free smaples of face cream & paid for the postage- the took nearly £65 off me on the 4th....I've spent a lot of time trying to sort it out & am shocked at the way I've been spoken to by the bank, by VISA by Citizen's advice etc. I've been treated as if I'm an embecile. Wonder you didn't hear me losing the plot down there..........

Urk, sorry to hear that. I think maybe this was covered in the last series of "Rip off Britain" BBC1.

Here's link to new series:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wck32

Might be worth contacting them?

When I think about it, maybe it was a different programme I read about it on?

Whatever, I think you should try pursue it. If remember where I saw it before will get back in touch.

Might well be worth contacting Trading Standards.

Sorry not much help, but HUGS!
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Last jab for special girl tonight, or rather last one i give her, vert comes out next week to do the last in this series.

Meanwhile i have been speaking to a man about.....a heavy horse. Its only wee, and they won't sell only loan, which is a mixed blessing, because we don't really have the money to buy, but on the other hand, its a lot of time and potentially money to invest in a horse that might get snapped back at any time. Its not really a forever horse though so its not the end of the world if they do take her back. I might ask for a minimum term though, long enough to have a coue of years to bring her on slowly and a year to take her out. Then they get a horse back worth triple the amount and i get some satisfaction, and something to do while i search for the next forever horses for dh and i. Only problem would be i would definitely need to find money fr a lorry, she'll be too big to tow safely by the time she has got muscle on her.
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ukmaggie45 wrote: »
    Whatever, I think you should try pursue it. If remember where I saw it before will get back in touch.

Might well be worth contacting Trading Standards.

From what I remember about this stuff they will keep taking money from your acct and send more carp... Please make sure your bank will not give them any more money. Or your credit/debit card. Wish I could remember where I saw this stuff - would have been daytime TV. :o

Hugs again Choille!
  • Jeanius81
    Options
    I'm brand new on here but have joined specifically to warn people against no fee loans dot co dot uk (Apparently I'm not allowed to type links as Im a newbie- frustrating as I just want to warn peole) Do NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!! They are a total scam!! I have just reported them to Action Fraud 03001232040- anyone else who has been scammed by them should do the same.
    They pretend they approve you for a loan, but then request a pic of the photo part of your passport for 'verification' purposes and bank details and then reject you saying they are unable to say why.
    Their address is bogus, their phone number actually is for Tuxedo Travels (!!) and not linked with the address. Ive had to cancel my passport & bank account as I was stupid enough (I know!) to give it to them. Their website looks professional & legit, but if you look carefully they dont actually have a registered loans company number. All they want is your details so that they can sell them and make you a victim of identity fraud. If you have given them details please report them- the more people that do the more likely that police will investigate them. They are the scum of the earth!!!!!
    :mad: If anyone else whose not new can repost this with the link I'd appreciate it. I can PM you the authorisation code of Action Fraud and any other details to verify this
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cheers Maggie - thing is Trading Standards is now not available directly in some regions - had a carry on with Citizen's Advice - who are 'First Point Of Contact; as she kept repeating like a robotic parrot. Took me hours to get someone direct from TS and this is a scam that the banks are not tackling head on & are actually allowing them/the scammers to take the money & then they refund it once you've complained - it's incredible - I couldn't get my head around it at first. Guy from TS explained that the banks shouldn't do this but cancel it & they should tell you that - you have to write in & officially cancel it.

Thing is it's come at a time when I have missed some bank statements so I'm not 100% sure exactly how much they've fleeced me by. I don't have a lot but I was transferring money out of my paypal & just thought I'd made a mistake & not transferred at all. Gosh I'm so careful normally & this was 2 months back I applied for a free sample - I'd half forgotten about it - what scum these people are.
    Thanks for the link.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    wow...its all in BUT thank god for wing mirrors... ;) :rotfl::rotfl:
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    choille that is bl00dy awfull:eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I know its a long shot but, is there anyway of going to your branch and cancelling the dd? or if not write to the bank about cancelling it.

did you see the advert in magazine? if so contact the magazine and tell them about the advertiser, and say you will Never trust their adverts or even the magazine again..

Ws there any small print?

Good luck Alfie.....everything will be fine, dont forget you are thee to SELL not buy:D

Havent long come back from the new place....had new caravan delivered today, so hubby took it up the new place, hitched up the livestock trailer ready for tomorrow:jand a friend of ours came over, so had some beers in the caravan:D

cant sleep I am so excited:D
    Work to live= not live to work
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    I am all excited...... D...day today.. or should I say P....day:j

I was having nightmares about today, so much so I phoned the Auctioneers:cool::D... My fear was that we bought a pen of pigs, and hubby and I could not heard/control them to the trailer,and they were running riots, and everyone was laughing, and were making fun of us being newbie pig keepers:o...SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I asked about people there helping, and they said yes:j they got dedicated droovers to help:D... but I am still panicking, that we are going to buy the piglets from hell....lol...

I have given some of my details to Alfie...

Rhiwie you are a sweetheart:T I will have a think and get back to you, too excited to think properly at mo.

If I remember I will take my camera, so I can show you some pics....
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    Choille, so sorry to read about the scammers.

Don't know how to resolve it, all I'd say is if you think you're being paranoid about phishing, identity theft and scams that's probably the correct attitude. Just this last week had two e-mails from proxy servers with embedded links, one from my son, one from my daughter, info looks to have been accessed from Facebook. At least 20 phishing e-mails and two e-mails from friends who've had their mailbox hacked.

Amazon account was hacked, but they failed to achieve payment for attempted purchases (wrong password entered). Havent reactivated account.

Few years back, £15,000 of computer gear was paid remotely using my Barclaycard details :eek: They got away with it, we were under suspicion for a while :mad:

Got to the stage where I delete stuff that gut instinct tells me to beware, sometimes its genuine though :o

As you say, these people are scum. Hope your bank refunds you.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    Alfie...choille..... look at our Rhiwie's sig.. looks as though he has started the challenge allready:eek::rotfl:77 listings....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport