Comments

• mummy86_2
    mummy86_2 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys, i was wondering how many comps do you enter a day/week? :o
  • bunnygirl1
    bunnygirl1 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Really want to know how much length you go to as I'm a newbie and I see many of you do so well out of comping! Would to know on average amount of times u enter a day? Want to wave a win in my hubby's face so he won't keep saying I'm wasting my time. Even entering the random and obscure ones to better my chances. Oh and how long did it take to get your first win when u started to seriously comp?

Sorry to ask but just wondering! :D
    Wins for Nov: Nevis Smartwool socks, 2X Capital One Football, Face mist, Panto tickets, cluedo board game, brick 2014 tx,
  • storybrooke
    storybrooke Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Took me about two weeks after starting comping and I enter competitions for about 2 hours every evening, not sure on the exact number of them though.
    Started Comping April 2013
    August Wins: Motorhead Merchandise, Maybelline Mascara & Duct Tape.
    September Wins: £100 Cheque
    :j
  • surfboard2
    surfboard2 Posts: 2,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
  • purple_x
    purple_x Posts: 681 Forumite
    Options
    It took me about 3 weeks to get my first win, I've been comping since January and have won some lovely stuff....and it has shut my family members up who were saying it was a waste of time entering!

I enter between 0-200 comps a day.
  • becca_wecca
    becca_wecca Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    When i first started comping 2-3 years ago it took me 3 days before i won something. I stopped coming for a while and started again this year and it took me a month before i won something.

I enter about 50 a day on average. :)
  • Lillygilly1
    Options
    Hi EveryoneFeeling a little sorry for myself, I haven't had a win for ages, I entered over 300 comps in may & not had a thing. Is that not enough?? I don't get much time with working & having 2 small kids so I may not enter as many as all u peeps that are winning. I love to see people are winning by the way, I was just wondering how many ppl enter because I see comments of ppl who have jst joined & they have a massive prize list already. Sorry to moan xx
    April 2013- A years supply of Lindt chocolate -July 2013- £500 !!
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 June 2013 at 11:51AM
    Options
    Hi,its just sheer luck at the end of the day.I no longer count entries but when I did in 2009 I entered about 22,000 :-)
    Some good wins in there but nothing amazing except a week in Vancouver,with loads of excursions.
    In 2008 I had just started comping & did not know of Roboform etc so entered about fifty per week.I did win a five day trip to NY though.

Just do it at a level that is good for you & treat it as a hobby.The wins may come but may not.I have not had a win for a while then two arrived on the same day recently.
  • jwbow26
    jwbow26 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    i was thinking of starting a thread, ive only been at the comping for 3 weeks or so, but ive not won anything, to be honest im not surprised, but i was just wondering if im doing it right, i enter every comp on here, but i only enter once, do people enter multiple times? am i supposed to enter each comp 10000 times ????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure