Fund of Funds II

Options
Lol!!

i was just responding to "Fund of Funds" when the thread was deleted - some mistake surely? no offensive language, just good old fashioned reasoned debate.

so if pro management is so good why do the fund manager fans here not allow a fund manager to invest in UTs for them? surely a fund manager would pick better funds than any amateur investor?

Comments

• talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,501 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I always assumed because they effectively have double charging which takes another slice out of profits to reduce possible gains? Peformance would have to be twice as good to justify fees (thus more probability of underperformance) and discounts super competitive?
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    A lot of deleting going on recently?
    New moderator?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,749 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    perhaps they are being pre-emptive with the flame baiting posts to prevent the inevitable.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • darkpool
    darkpool Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    talexuser wrote: »
    I always assumed because they effectively have double charging which takes another slice out of profits to reduce possible gains? Peformance would have to be twice as good to justify fees (thus more probability of underperformance) and discounts super competitive?

yeah, that's how i understand the situation.

But..... a lot of posters here swear blind that active management is worth the fees. so if they think that why do they not go for a FoF?
  • darkpool
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    perhaps they are being pre-emptive with the flame baiting posts to prevent the inevitable.

yeah, i agree with you there Dunstonh. It would only have been a matter of time before the pro active management posters started their feeble arguments.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    darkpool wrote: »
    It would only have been a matter of time before the pro active management posters started their feeble arguments.

So time to stop flame bating then darkpool.
  • darkpool
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    So time to stop flame bating then darkpool.

ehhhmmm, i wish to partake in reasoned debate.

of course if the pro fund management posters here lack faith in their convictions I perfectly understand their unwillingless to step up to the plate :(
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,076 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ehhhmmm, i wish to partake in reasoned debate.

Now there's something I never thought I would see in the same post.......... the words 'darkpool', 'reasoned', and 'debate'.

I can die a happy man.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • darkpool
    Options
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    Now there's something I never thought I would see in the same post.......... the words 'darkpool', 'reasoned', and 'debate'.

I can die a happy man.

the question is, will you die a rich man though?

so why do you think fund managers can pick shares but not UTs?
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    i wish to partake in reasoned debate.

That would be a first.
    of course if the pro fund management posters here lack faith in their convictions I perfectly understand their unwillingless to step up to the plate :(

People are fed up giving you reasoned arguments which you completely ignore.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport