We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous

1…235236238240241…368

Comments

  • Melonade
    Melonade Posts: 747 Forumite
    Todays polish on Pinterest:

    http://pinterest.com/pin/40321359134311358/

    I had grand plans for fancy nails today, but Mondays are a bit chaotic so it was a quick fix today!

    I LOVE that!!!

    Can I ask how you make the dots so perfect please? I'd love to give this a try but I dont have the steadiest left hand :o

    I've gone black today, still waiting for it to dry so typing carefully and scratching my head with a biro... :o
    Even if you stumble, you're still moving forward.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,583
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Melonade wrote: »
    I LOVE that!!!

    Can I ask how you make the dots so perfect please? I'd love to give this a try but I dont have the steadiest left hand :o

    I've gone black today, still waiting for it to dry so typing carefully and scratching my head with a biro... :o

    Have a look a couple of pages back, I posted a DIY dotting tool which is the one I'm currently using. It's nothing more than a sewing pin :)
  • Melonade
    Melonade Posts: 747 Forumite
    Have a look a couple of pages back, I posted a DIY dotting tool which is the one I'm currently using. It's nothing more than a sewing pin :)

    Found it :T Thanks for that, I'll try this as it's gorgeous!!
    Even if you stumble, you're still moving forward.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,583
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Melonade wrote: »
    Found it :T Thanks for that, I'll try this as it's gorgeous!!

    thank you :o

    I have caved and ordered some proper dotting tools, but this method works wonderfully. Hair pins also make great dotting tools as well :D

    Please do show us all when you've tried it!
  • burnoutbabe
    burnoutbabe Posts: 1,338
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    where are people ordering dotting tools from? and the white nail polish used to do minnie mouse nails?
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,583
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    where are people ordering dotting tools from? and the white nail polish used to do minnie mouse nails?

    I ordered these, £1.26 delivered:

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230781601846?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

    Can't vouch for them though as they haven't arrived yet but for that price it was worth a punt :)

    The white I use was a cheap one from the market, although I've used the Sally Hansen White from the French Manicure set in the past.
  • Scrapaholic
    Scrapaholic Posts: 577
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Nail polish in Asda today reduced from £1.75 to £1 . Quite a range of colours . Bought one but haven't used it yet . Anyone else used them ?
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,687
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Scrapaholic, my Mum has used them and likes them (colours not glitters) although she says some colours need 3 coats.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,583
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I have an Asda Grey and its a great little polish, unusually for a dark colour it covers in one coat.
  • Took the technic off last night using tin foil method and it wasn't too bad! Am much relieved!

    Am putting nail wraps on tonight so that should be fun!
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.