PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What have you made for lunch today?

With the success of the "what are you eating for dinner tonight" thread, I wondered if anybody was interested in sharing lunch ideas. I see threads come up every now and again when people are stuck for lunch ideas. I know there is a thread for packed lunches where people have suggested ideas. If people write what they have for lunch then it might help inspire more directly. We could also write what OH's are sent off with to work, or the children in people's lives.

If this is a repeat then I am sorry, or if there is no interest, well then it'll just drop off.

Any takers?
Opinion on everything, knowledge of nothing.

Comments

• spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    I've just had Pastie,Mushy Peas & Chips.These are Norn Iron pasties which are often scoffed as a 'pastie bap' from the chippy,a bit like a burger.Mine come from my butchers at 80p each.Couldn't make them as I've no idea what's in them!
    Mushy Peas are a 32p tin from Lidl's,with a splash of Mint sauce to give it a mintyness.I can reccomend the Lidl's Mushy Peas,first time I've tried them but they're lush!

p300112131201.th.jpg
  • lizzyb1812
    lizzyb1812 Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    Well the plan was for home made hummus and veg and I am having that but as it is so cold I'm having Emergency Soup as well - I expect some of you will go "ewww!" at this :rotfl:It's one chicken stock cube - Knorr type not Oxo, plus one vermicelli nest (about 20g) boiled up in about 250ml water - reduce the water down to thicken the broth slightly. The trick is to find a stock cube you really like. I suppose you could tart it up a bit but I don't - it's Emergency Soup not posh food :rotfl:
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain." ~ Vivian Greene
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    I had some roast beef and horseradish in a tortilla wrap. The beef was a reduced joint (£2) about four inches long from Asda. Just enough for two dinners yesterday and my wrap today!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Bacon, scrambled egg, tomato and mushrooms.

Slice of seeded farmhouse loaf.

Italian ground coffee.
  • anniemf2508
    anniemf2508 Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    lizzyb1812 wrote: »
    Well the plan was for home made hummus and veg and I am having that but as it is so cold I'm having Emergency Soup as well - I expect some of you will go "ewww!" at this :rotfl:It's one chicken stock cube - Knorr type not Oxo, plus one vermicelli nest (about 20g) boiled up in about 250ml water - reduce the water down to thicken the broth slightly. The trick is to find a stock cube you really like. I suppose you could tart it up a bit but I don't - it's Emergency Soup not posh food :rotfl:

i actually like the sound of that....my daughter would live on noodles if you let her so i'm always trying to come up with new ways to make them a little bit different so may well try that later for her :)

me and the little one had hot cross buns, didn't wanna be in the kitchen too much as i'm waiting for a nurse to turn up to give me my first B12 jab
  • PaddyPaws
    PaddyPaws Posts: 272 Forumite
    Bowl of veg and chickpea curry and some toast - yum, yum!
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    lizzyb1812 wrote: »

We used to make an instant porridge from the Army ration packs using the milk powder,oatmeal block & drinking chocolate powder.S'pose you could do the same with a few:D hobnobs & some milk..
  • nickyhutch
    nickyhutch Posts: 7,596 Forumite
    Home made "manky veg" soup, made from, obviously, manky veg at the ottom of the fridge. It's one of my specialitites and delicious. It usually has onions (fried in Frylight), fresh thyme, carrots, swede, celery, white cabbage, savoy cabbage, cauliflour and leek, and anything else that's ready for the bin. I boil it in stock til it's soft, and give it a quick blitz.
    ******** Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity *******
    "Always be calm and polite, and have the materials to make a bomb"
  • mummyroysof3
    mummyroysof3 Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    just a ham cop and crisps for me
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • Ham Pitta with lettuce, cucumber and cherry tomatoes and a cup a soup
    Sealed Pot Challenge Member 151
    Targets for 2014......

CLEAR THE OVERDRAFT - £700
    SAVE DEPOSIT FOR HOUSE £10,000 SO FAR
    LEARN TO SEW - Have made two little stuffed rabbits so far, I love them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure