PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Grocery Challenge - February 2012

Comments

• ModestyB
    ModestyB Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening all. Declaring total of £196.80 out of my £200 budget so £3.20 into my SP. Spent £8.15 today on bread, saccharines, food bags and bin bags. Oh, not to forget the jelly babies and chocolate. :o

Very sad about Davy Jones tonight. :sad: :cry:
    Big hugs to all fellow fans and to all who need one.
    S.P.C. 9 2016 No. 062 Banked £337.50
    My Gold Stars off Sue. :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin
  • Nick, I remember the time when we used to look for bottles to take back to the shop to get the deposit back on them :D Used to be a nice little earner when we were kids.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy

• btw made the tea loaf out of the C0-0p mag today, DS2 loved it, soooooo easy! can supply recipe if useful.

Yes please!
  • 166million
    166million Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    am at £310.22/ £1300
    **Debt Free as of 15:55 on Friday 23rd March 2012**And I am staying that way
    377 166million Sealed Pot Challenge 2018 :staradmin No. 90: Emergency fund £637
    My debt free diary http://http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3630099
  • NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Nick, I remember the time when we used to look for bottles to take back to the shop to get the deposit back on them :D Used to be a nice little earner when we were kids.

I would do that if you could still do it! :-P Having said that, it would probably mean I would need to go to the supermarket even more than I do at the moment...:rotfl:
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,902 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Bother left my figures downstairs so I'll update tomorrow. Just put blue bin out (paper and card, fortnightly). We have one big one small cos one big was not enough. Only enough for small bin. Has anyone else's bin fill dropped since going OS? Black bin (land fill, weekly) was almost empty this week. Glass and plastic box also looks emptier (fortnightly). Was i really paying £££££s for packaging? :cry:
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Herbyme
    Herbyme Posts: 720 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 March 2012 at 12:14AM
    Again I say, Blimey! We can be very hard on ourselves sometimes. Lynn, I'd say that's a stonking result to have spent soooo (ooo?!) much less than usual. £9 out is amazing. Well done! See you in March!

Tea loaf:

make 300ml of strong tea in a big bowl and mix it with 400g of any dried fruit and 225g muscovado sugar, leave covered with a plate overnight.
    Next day, stir it, add in 1 beaten egg and then 285g SR flour.
    Stir it well and put it in a greased and lined 2 lb loaf tin, bake for 1 1/2 hours at 160C.

How easy is that?! I've never made a cake using this method before but it works (even after being left in 15 mins too long by DH, left in charge !!!) Yummy with butter, good for breakfast I think. Or tea... or supper...

Not sure it's very MS but I did use up some old currants that were too dry and hard for normal use so that bit was!
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ModestyB wrote: »
    Evening all. Declaring total of £196.80 out of my £200 budget so £3.20 into my SP. Spent £8.15 today on bread, saccharines, food bags and bin bags. Oh, not to forget the jelly babies and chocolate. :o

Very sad about Davy Jones tonight. :sad: :cry:
    Big hugs to all fellow fans and to all who need one.

RIP :(

Oh, I could hide 'neath the wings
    Of the bluebird as she sings.
    The six o'clock alarm would never ring.
    But it rings and I rise,
    Wipe the sleep out of my eyes.
    My shavin' razor's cold and it stings.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • rumblytum
    rumblytum Posts: 474 Forumite
    Well, I am posting a resounding 'Don't know' for this month :o

It's the first time I've done the GC, and I'm just not used to recording everything. What a fantastic lesson! I'm going to try for March and record everything, so will start again!

rumbly
  • Ess-six
    Ess-six Posts: 141 Forumite
    Hello Everyone

I'll have to do a Feb update in my signature later. My darling dad died suddenly on Sunday and helping mum and supporting the family are all that's important right now so the receipts will be added up later and I'll catch up on how you're all doing if I get the chance. I've just updated my post on the 2nd Purse Challenge and I must say that having a small stockpile of staples has been very handy over the last few days, not only for me but I've been able to help mum and my sisters out with things that they have run out of.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure