PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Grocery Challenge - February 2012

Options

Comments

• elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,560 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OMG elsiepac that is SO IMPRESSIVE! puts any of my lists and plans to shame - you should do this for a living :rotfl:

Ha! Would if I could! :beer: Glad it was of interest!

LC :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    spent more money today on fruit and ham and i still need more yogurts.

can i have £400 for march please :)

i've pretty much doubled my budget but 1 we can afford it and 2 we're getting used to our new diet and i suspect it will take awhile for things to settle down
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone, just updated my signature.

Had such a busy weekend with DS and his GF home for three days. Extra meals to cook and mouths to feed. However, managed to keep reasonably within budget so I am quite pleased.

We're going to have some whoopsied Trout for tea tonight and fresh fruit salad for dessert. Feeling so tired after the last couple of days, so cutting as many corners as possible with the cooking today and DH is peeling the potatoes:T
    Also a NSD:j

Have a nice evening everyone!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
  • 166million
    166million Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    One more thing about butternut squash... I found it very sweet all the sugars (carbohydrate?) actually gave me a bit of a head rush! Is that pathetic?

PS I'm not sure I need to be on the list, if you're trying to cut it down. I would still like to join in though on the thread when I can catch up. Thanks!
    **Debt Free as of 15:55 on Friday 23rd March 2012**And I am staying that way
    377 166million Sealed Pot Challenge 2018 :staradmin No. 90: Emergency fund £637
    My debt free diary http://http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3630099
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    166million you are very welcome to join in, this thread is not just for those cutting back but for those who have reached their targets and are trying to stay there. It is about supporting all who want or need it.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Kylieminoag
    Options
    Hi HelenJelly

Please can I try £200 for March again? Its a bit tight at £10 a week per adult but nothing ventured nothing gained;)

Thank n you very much for doing the thread - its really helping me - and thanks to everybody who contributes and makes a dull dark day a little brighter.

x
    K
    DFWNerd 1417
    MFW by 2018 Jan 2012 £186,000 :eek: Sept 2015 £50,000
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pennygrabber - if only 3 toilet rolls would last us till the end of the month!!! I swore I would never recite my dad's instructions to me as a kid (" 2 sheets for a wee and 3 for a p**") I used to think he was so tight, but my kids take it to the opposite extreme and virtually block the loo with each visit! Have pleaded over the years to their sensibilities but with no success - we are easily a roll-a-day household:eek::eek::eek:

Have you tried the squash the loo roll trick? Means the roll doesn't run on the holder so smoothly so they have difficulty pulling reams off.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    elsiepac wrote: »

Knock yourself out (and bear in mind I'm OCD...:p )

Fantastic spreadsheet Elsie :D unfortunately I've tried meal planning & it just doesn't work for me:( - I have Crohn's and often it's more a case of what I can eat rather than what I want to eat (or what is on the meal plan for that day).

I have downloaded it tho' and will be seeing if I can work something out:D.

As for the OCD bit .... me too - I am obsessive with my spending spreadsheet and every item is logged (incl full price, paid price and a note of the offer:o) - I'm even worse now than I was when I was trying to clear my debts .... maybe fear that I'll slide backwards again.
    freyasmum wrote: »
    £5.95 :eek: Blueberries will freeze ok - most things do! However they're not gonna defrost and be exactly what they're like 'raw' - IYKWIM. They'll be fine if you want to make a compote or smoothie or something though.

Thanks - that'll do fine then!

I've just spied some bananas in the kitchen so feel one with blueberries & ice cream and another with banana & ice cream .... ohhhhhh, roll on tomorrow night!:D
    Our local MrT is like that, drives me up the wall and when they do YS something that is not on offer it is usually only 25p or 50p type thing. It is so rare I ever get a decent YS item, I am so jealous of those that get decent ones.

Glad it's not just ours Tiger .... our's is useless for YS.:mad:
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • MissOrganised1972
    Options
    Sorry for not posting for a while (which I do miss) but I can't keep up with the posts! I know I don't HAVE to but I like to! I am just about to start page 50! The only thing with lagging behind is you don't post because any answer or advice you may have, has probably already been given! So, having not yet caught up, :grouphug:to all those who need them, :Afor all that are doing well & ;) to the rest of you!!

I have being doing really well but am now GC penniless! My new month begins on Friday :j! I received a Mr S £10 off £50 spend in the local newspaper for first time onliners! My aim, each week, is about £30. Therefore, I have arranged a delivery for Friday evening with all the ingredients for my menu plan for the 1st 2 weeks of my next month (which runs 24 Feb-23 Mar) & tried to allow for enough cereal etc for those weeks too! The order currently stands at about £54. There is a small amount left so that I can get a few fresh things I would rather pick myself or for things I felt were really overpriced in Mr S! Hope my plan works!

I haven't updated my signature yet but will do that later.

DH is away from tomorrow until Friday with work so hopefully I will be able to catch up on the thread without him nagging me to get off the computer or phone & calling me 'computer nerd'!! :rotfl:

Salmon with veg & sweet potato wedges for dinner tonight! Must hurry up or else DD1 is going to be going to Brownies hungry!!

:)
    2017 GC O-£93.46/£160; S-£136.26/£160; A-£130.55/£160; J-£47.12/£160;
    J-£106.63/£190; M-£70.29/£160; A-£197.88/£180; M-£219.35/£180; F-£294.14/£160; J-£168.67/£160
    2016 GC £2322.39/£2285; GC-2012-2015 - £9789.91/£7773!
    for 2 adults & 2 kids (13 & 11) for all food,toiletries,cleaners etc

• MunniMuncha
    Options
    OMG LC, how impressive is that!!!:T:T:T:T:T

Just one little question tho, do you still find it cheaper paying for the delivery charge with ROSSPA even though your shop isn't very much? Find that amazing and goes to show how much the SM's are charging over the odds (scuttles off to look at ROSSPA site again:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:)
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying!:rotfl:

June GC - £352.04/£350
    SP challenge 3P £171.28:j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family