PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

FTM, we're all ok here thanks, how about your tribe? DS heard me talking about home education and jumped on it, saying "so I could stay at home with you then?" Not sure I'm good enough at stuff to do that, much as I'd like to! :rotfl:

We've had some poor meals here this week, partly cos i've been rushed off my feet and partly cos we've let the kids go a bit free range, so have been home late. We'll not starve!!

Hoglet, I do cross stitch, too, a bit as paid work for a magazine, and other stuff that I give away. I have several UFOs that I'd like to get done and frame or use in our home.

Hoping to so some serious dejunking this week - a friend's firm is collecting stuff to raise money for charity, so I have an outlet for it all!

FTM, Mrs LW, my dad worked all over the world when we were little, and we got letters with exotic stamps on frequently, loved getting our own post! Mum even sent us postcards on the odd occasions she was in hospital, with drawings of the cards and flowers she had received.

Night all, will pop back tomorrow.

A xo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Cheapskate,

I would love to do paid cross stitch but I know myself too well - as soon as I 'have' to do something I find I really don't want to do it. I have several UFOs lurking about the place (including my first ever cross stitch given to me when I was 8 or 9, which *ahem* I still haven't finished...) but I'm told on good authority that you're not a 'real' crafter until there are a good number of UFOs about the place. I did finish a nice one of a Japanese lady and we have that framed on the wall, (but I did work on it frequently as for part of the time DH and I were living on opposite sides of the world and then I was looking for work for a couple of months) but this one is taking its sweet time.

Hoglet x
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all, sorry to be AWOL and thanks to those who have been asking after me

I am fine but still ridiculously busy. Work is such now that they are asking more than I can deliver - physically, and I think the time has come to seek pastures new. I am getting very stressed and a bit down about it, OH is cross every time I mention work as he thinks they are taking advantage - which they are, but it doesn't help with him yelling as I daren't offload to him now. I will be sad to leave, but I think I might have to for the sake of my sanity.

Today is DS 15 th birthday :eek: how did that happen? He is about 5'11" now so, even at 5'7", I am easily the short arris of the family. He has no present yet as we haven't had time to get it - he is getting a small laptop as I think the time has come for him to have his own - he is in GCSE year next year.

Still no luck with DD and her auditions. Four rejections now and four more to go - three auditions are next week. But, we are resigned now that she won't get in and I am not sure she should. Although in someways she is very mature, she isn't emotionally mature enough to leave home and do such an intensive course - it is 35 hours a week. I wonder if, somehow, they can see that? One of her audition pieces is quite an immature speech now I think about it. So, we are looking at alternatives. Watch this space.

I am currently sat invigilating an exam, gosh it's dull and all you can here is the tick of the clock and the rattle of my fingers on this iPad, luckily it is very quiet.

What wonderful weather we are having, though I see it is due to get a little colder n the next few days - I guess it is to be expected and hopefully the only way is up from now on. I love it when the clocks change, less than two weeks to go :T

Looking forward to my French holiday at Easter. A week on a boat on the canals in the south of France. Shame the mother in law is coming :rotfl: love her really, but she can be trying.

Love the French day, FTM, such a good idea. Crosisants for breakfast and omelette for lunch, "frere Jacques" and "sur le pont d'Avignon". Love it. Perhaps we should have a grown up version, champagne and the rude version of "Alouette" :rotfl: sorry, :o the silence must be getting to me.

Happy days to all, and thanks to all who contribute to this lovely thread.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    VJs Mum I am SO jealous of you. A few years ago we had a wonderful holiday in Provence. We stayed in Avignon (the City of Popes) and every morning we would have coffee in the grounds of the Palace of the Popes. The weather was gorgeous and so was the food.

We went to a beautiful village up in the hills called Les Baux. It is so beautiful (quite a climb to get there) and little shops selling crafts. There was one selling patchwork quilts. I would have given my eye teeth to have bought one, but they were expensive, of course, and also you have to think how you are going to get it home because they are bulky.

I hope you have a wonderful time and that the weather is kind to you.

I am sorry your DD isn't having much success with the interviews. Perhaps it isn't meant to be just yet, but her time will come if it is meant.

My DGD is performing West Side Story this weekend. It is an amateur performance with some semi professionals. She has worked so hard on this for several months and we are so looking forward to watching it. (she is only 14) We managed the last 2 tickets, and that is for the Saturday matinee, and we will be sitting 5 seats apart but on the same row. Himself doesn't mind he is just so proud of her. He takes her to rehearsals and her Mum picks her up. Will let you all know how it goes. Her elder Sister made one of her costumes and it looks gorgeous but haven't seen her in it yet.

We had a lovely Sunday tea with elder DGD to celebrate her 21st. She loved her presents and she had a great deal of money as well. The cake from Costco was really nice and she has taken some of that into work today. She is going on holiday with her boyfriend tomorrow, just for a week, for some sun and relaxation.

Just me and the cat at the moment. Himself has gone to pick DGD up from school to take her to rehearsal, final dress rehearsal tomorrow I think, and then hopefully we will have a quiet evening.

Managed to do quite a bit of tidying in the garden yesterday and Himself was attending to the fence, but today it is very overcast and certainly not as warm as yesterday.

I think that is all my news at the moment. It is good to see everyone posting now and again. AOL how are you? Are you managing to cope with the workmen?

Much love to everyone and enjoy the rest of the week.

Candlelightx
  • hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Afternoon everybody :-)

Candlelight - well done for getting the last 2 tickets! I hope you have a wonderful time watching the performance :-)

VJsmum - I'm sorry to hear your DD is having a tough time with her auditions. DH's nephew went through it all a couple of years ago but did get accepted in the end, you never know what could be around the corner. I hope whatever happens will work out well for her.

We are having another gorgeous week weather-wise, and yet again we have wind and rain predicted for the weekend. The weather seems to be conspiring against us.

The cats are sulking because I'm still keeping them in at night to sort out their differences... The adult male can get out when I switch the cat door to 'in-only' during the day so that does placate him a little bit. He's a real hunter who doesn't like to be cooped up inside. He staged a protest by leaping from the headboard onto DH, with claws outstretched, at 5am this morning.... and then the kitten did exactly the same thing an hour later.... Poor DH...

My batch cooked chicken tagine was very well received last night. DH requested that I make it exactly like that again, except it was a couple of weeks ago so I can't for the life of me remember exactly what I did... I suspect it was the touch of smoked paprika which he liked. I'll be planning this weekend's batch cooking soon, and last week I got lots of bashed in tins of tomatoes at half price, so that'll help immensely.

One of my favourite shops has a big sale on at the moment, so I have bought us both some new thermals for winter (3 for the price of 1). I absolutely love thermals :-) I was very restrained though and didn't buy anything else, I really don't need any more clothes, regardless of what a bargain they are in the sale. I keep reminding myself it's only a bargain if I need it...

I hope everyone is well and has a good rest of the week

Hoglet x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all, just back from my visit to the Zebra child and they are doing so very much better. DD has got her head round being at home and now she can drive has the means to achieve a social life and Zebra, well he's just a delight and is sleeping for almost 4 hours at time and usually going straight back to sleep after his night feeds. So much better for all of them. I'm home today and then off to visit DD1 for the weekend for another concert which will be a Motzart Requiem from the choral society and a Motzart Clarinet Concerto from the orchestra and a well known clarinetist so should be very nice indeed. DD1 has a very full schedule this weekend with a school open morning, concert rehearsal and then the concert on Saturday and all day D of E on Sunday so I'm going to sort out the house, ironing, cooking for the next couple of weeks and also keep Pushkin cat company and make sure she's fed too. Will be home again on Monday afternoon so catch you all then.

Hope all is well with all of you, glad you had a nice birthday for your DGD Candlelight and glad the kitties are beginning to co-exist Hoglet, FTM I guess you're just busy but hope all is well with you and yours and that your medical problem hasn't flared up again, Love to everyone Lyn xxx.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Lyn I am so pleased things have settled down with Ezra and DD. Most of us can remember how hard it can be with your first child, as my son in law once said, the baby hasn't read the book so doesn't know what is expected of him. Quite profound for him:)

You sound so busy you just might meet yourself coming back!!! I hope the concert goes well, and I just know your DD will appreciate everything you plan to do for her, as will Pushkin, it will be nice to be spoilt by someone else.

He Who Knows will miss you but I am sure Docky will give him lots of sloppy kisses.

Have a good weekend Lyn

Much love
    Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Candlelight, I'll do just that, see you next week when I'm home again, Lyn xxx.
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all..am still alive i think..just had a bad thing with my tummy again..bloody thing..pain killers really zonked me this time..it has settled down for the last day or 2..doctors sending me back to hospital..had to pop on and check on you all...will have to read all posts when i am not seeing double..but am much better than last time...
    love you all
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    FTM it is good to hear from you, I just wish the doctors could sort the problem for you. Perhaps this time they will, you don't deserve to suffer such pain.

Sending lots of hugs to you and the girls

Much love
    Candlelightx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills