Second Purse Challenge 2012

Comments

• polkadot
    polkadot Posts: 1,867 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello ladies

Just popping in to check the thread-hands full with DD and DS2 in particular.Im so fed p of feeling like a fishwife:(

Not bought anything since my AF order but have bought stuff from PP and have amost £50 in it now:)
  • Since it's the last day of the month I thought I should do my first update! I have not finished adding 'stock' to scrabble-stores yet - I have always bought in bulk, but never '2nd pursed' until now - so I do expect that my 'stock' value will increase a lot soon without me actually buying more.

So far I have £60 in cash in my 2nd purse :j I have £160 tied up in stock according to my spreadsheet worth £450 :j although really I have more. The scrabble-store cupboard is full to bursting :D and very little shopping needs to be done in the next month, although I have my eye on the aforementioned cat food offer and I dare say there will be more.

Regardless of how much cash I actually have, I feel prosperous as despite my only working part time and neither of us earning much, we never have to worry about whether we can feed ourselves or pay our bills. :cool:
  • scrabbles wrote: »
    Anybody with a puddy tat at home, Mr T has 12 Whiskas sachets half price at the moment - £1.83ish - bargain! I always stock up on this as you get the offer reasonably regularly but it makes a big difference to my budget! Yesterday I heard OH telling the cat he could only have some food out of the scrabble-store if he had some money to put in the jar. Luckily I let the cat pay in cuddles and purrs (OH still has to pay in cold hard cash though ;) )

Wish my cats weren't so bl**dy fussy - they only eat Felix :mad:

OH still has to pay in cold hard cash though ;) :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying!:rotfl:

June GC - £352.04/£350
    SP challenge 3P £171.28:j:j:j
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I've just finished [strike]playing with[/strike] updating my financial spreadsheet for all the end-of-month declarations, so decided I'd better nip in and update on the status of my 3rd purse

At the end of January it contained £53.30 (not quite what I declared, but I realised mid-month I'd put a couple of prices in wrong!), which was roughly my monthly target of £53.33
    During February I've added another £32.88 to it, which is a long way below target :(
    But in order to be able to use a MOC that came with my Mr T vouchers I also spent some of it on long-life goods I don't actually need right now - which took £30.74 out of it !! It was either do this or blow my grocery budget totally out of the water, and as it is I've managed to overspend on that by more than £16 anyway :(

So my balance as of end of February is £55.44
    Cheryl
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    polkadot wrote: »
    Hello ladies

Just popping in to check the thread-hands full with DD and DS2 in particular.Im so fed p of feeling like a fishwife:(

Not bought anything since my AF order but have bought stuff from PP and have amost £50 in it now:)

Ah don't feel down, go and look at your store, it will make you smile

:grouphug:
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • SueP19
    Completely forgot Mr M's has ...........................wait for it..................................Br@nston B@ked Be@ns on offer at £1.25 till the 11th March I think
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • eddi
    eddi Posts: 274 Forumite
    Mothership thanks for the planter instructions.

Wish my cats weren't so bl**dy fussy - they only eat Felix :mad:

Ours are so different .... William will eat any old rubbish you put infront of him but Gobby is really fickle. Even Felix he'll only eat the As Good As It Looks sachets. They have Iams nibbles in the evening anyway (I usually wait till the big bags are on 3 for 2 or something at Pets@Home) which you would hope would suffice but alas no!
  • eddi wrote: »
    Mothership thanks for the planter instructions.

Ours are so different .... William will eat any old rubbish you put infront of him but Gobby is really fickle. Even Felix he'll only eat the As Good As It Looks sachets. They have Iams nibbles in the evening anyway (I usually wait till the big bags are on 3 for 2 or something at Pets@Home) which you would hope would suffice but alas no!

Alas, that's all mine will eat too - and even turning their noses up at that some days :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying!:rotfl:

June GC - £352.04/£350
    SP challenge 3P £171.28:j:j:j
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Ok, I've decided I'll do a stock-check at the end of each month as I only get confused otherwise :) So I've just paid my second purse £65.06 for goods used last month. This includes having bought back the e-readers at full price and having paid back myself for the money lent to the 2nd purse to buy goods with in the first place :)

AF order should arrive tomorrow, along with my new shelves :D can't remember if I mentioned that I'd ordered a heavy duty 5 tier set, as well as another lightweight 5 tier set :)
    Hmm.... so what offers can I find for my £65.06 I wonder. More to the point, what on earth am I going to buy when I go food shopping as I'll have it all here except for veg :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: such an awesome system :D thanks again Mothership
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • SueP19
    kerri_dfw wrote: »

can't remember if I mentioned that I'd ordered a heavy duty 5 tier set, as well as another lightweight 5 tier set :)YES, stop bragging :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Didn't mean it I'm envious really, I want some new shelves :cry:
    Hmm.... so what offers can I find for my £65.06 I wonder. More to the point, what on earth am I going to buy when I go food shopping as I'll have it all here except for veg :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: such an awesome system :D thanks again Mothership

I know, it's fabulous, you just can't begin to put it into words, I would have been in complete !!!!!! street these last few weeks, if it not for this.......................Can we propose a Knighthood for Mothership
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure