Second Purse Challenge 2012

Comments

• Co-op deals change on a Weds and I know there are olive oil fans on this thread.

Spotted this:-P4_Deals_BTHP_berto-olive-oil.jpg

Filippo Berio Special Selection extra virgin olive oil £2.93 was £5.89

No idea if its a good buy but thought it might be useful to someone!
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Dont forget that if you are paying postage on AF, make the best use of it and order enough to take you just up to the weight limit.

If you are paying to have 25kg delivered, you just as well order 25kg (or whatever it is these days)!

I have spent many a happy hour putting stuff in and out of my basket to get the most possible stuff in my parcel :rotfl:

I managed 24.97kg the other day :) I wonder when it will arrive
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • Dont forget that if you are paying postage on AF, make the best use of it and order enough to take you just up to the weight limit.

If you are paying to have 25kg delivered, you just as well order 25kg (or whatever it is these days)!

I have spent many a happy hour putting stuff in and out of my basket to get the most possible stuff in my parcel :rotfl:

Thanks for that Fozzie, will have to remember that next time I order as didn't give it a second thought on how much my order weighed:D
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying!:rotfl:

June GC - £352.04/£350
    SP challenge 3P £171.28:j:j:j
  • Mothership
    Mothership Posts: 823 Forumite
    edited 29 February 2012 at 9:53AM
    1kg Butter + 400ml buttermilk £1.89 (the buttermilk on its own would cost .89p)

DD1+2 were at C@stc@ yesterday and picked up 3x 1 litre jugs of double cream. I'ts my job now to make the BUTTER for the family lol. I got my jug free for making it (and the scones.)

I blended 200ml of extra virgin olive oil into the butter (after the washing stage) and ended up with 1KG of butter.

DD1 + 2 both wanted the olive oil added then it blended with 1kg of utterly butterly( at room temp), so they ended up with 2kg of spread each, it is absolutely yummy, they both gave me their buttermilk to make scones with LOL. I guess I'm going to be baking this morning.

The girls have called their blend 'Superspread', this would work with any of the tubs of spread, its really creamy.

Given the price of butter now, its well worth the 10-15min it takes to make it.
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • The AF lucky boxes come and go out of stock, they def are NOT always there.......sometimes they announce them on their emails, other times they just seem to appear!

I have had very duff ones and fabby ones, but if someone is putting in an order anyway, they are certainly worth a go for a squid :T

I will keep and eye out - thanks :D
    Mothership wrote: »
    This is doing my head in lol, the pages keep fliking all over the place. And I cant do long posts , so if I seem a bit quiet you all know what it is. I cant update my signature either.

Ah! good its letting me edit my post. I saw superscrimpers, wasn't impressed with the bulk buying part, pasty pasta and sawdust tea bags, tried those, no likey. I have a card for Macro and costco, and don't buy much in bulk from them unless its a special offer.
    You can't beat the buying power of the big SM's, and they have to change their offers reg and make them half decent to 'pull' the customers in. And there we will all be waiting to pounce with our full purses LOL.

I'm so pleased you are all getting to grips with how it works now, aye its magic LOL P-O-U-N-D-S-T-R-E-E-E-T-C-H-I-N-G at its best.

I thought we hadn't seen you for a while. Welcome back :j

I'm a happy bunny this morning as found my first bargain in ages :D Stoppend into B00ts and found OHs hair gel on 2 for £4.50, usually £3.50-£4 so have bought 4, which should last him for a good 6 months or more. Need his moisturiser to come on offer now....;)

Helen x
    :j
    Debt Free By Xmas 2013 #010 £16,660.26/£16,660.26 100% paid, DFD 25/06/13! :D
    :j
  • Had a good second purse shop today. Went to Mr T and got

2 x R*binsons blackcurrant and apple NAS 1.75L for £1.82 each.

1 x Fl*sh spray, 1 x Fl*sh liquid and 1 x Fa*ry liquid - all free as had vouchers from fb :D

1 x Or*l B toothpaste for 24p as had voucher.

1 x L*nor for 68p as had voucher.

2 x C*thedral C*ty cheese - £3.98 as BOGOF.

Also got from grocery budget medium easter eggs they are B1G2F so bought 9 eggs. This should have been £22.50 but paid £7.50 ;)

Tracey
    Officially debt free :j
  • eddi
    eddi Posts: 274 Forumite
    Mothership wrote: »
    This is doing my head in lol, the pages keep fliking all over the place. And I cant do long posts , so if I seem a bit quiet you all know what it is. I cant update my signature either.

Ah! good its letting me edit my post. I saw superscrimpers, wasn't impressed with the bulk buying part, pasty pasta and sawdust tea bags, tried those, no likey. I have a card for Macro and costco, and don't buy much in bulk from them unless its a special offer.
    You can't beat the buying power of the big SM's, and they have to change their offers reg and make them half decent to 'pull' the customers in. And there we will all be waiting to pounce with our full purses LOL.

I'm so pleased you are all getting to grips with how it works now, aye its magic LOL P-O-U-N-D-S-T-R-E-E-E-T-C-H-I-N-G at its best.

I hope you sort out your technical issues soon mothership

I'm the same with C0stc0... I have a set list of things I buy from there as they are *almost* always cheaper than anywhere else but occasionally something else beats it by a little way. And I only buy bulk from there if it's a really good offer. I spend half my time on the internet on my phone walking round checking prices.

And in other news....my DR order has arrived - hurrah! :dance: My sister sent me a picture since I'm not at home to see it :rotfl: I said I hoped the neighbours appreciated the quality of the DR box in the recycling and she said we shouldn't recycle it as its "sturdy and pretty and has the Royal seal" :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Haha yes M&M is M1lk and M0re, local milk man. Free £10 to use for new customers.

Just had our AF order arrive, massive boxes and to be honest I am not sure if I am pleased or not. There was alot to be fair but one jar was open and leaked everywhere and we only got one kind of cous cous instead of the two varieties we had ordered. I'm sure they will sort it, a few items missing. It is a bit annoying the credit will go back on the account so I have to place another order. Mixed feelings on this one.
    Comping wishlist for 2017
    1. Family holiday 2. Christmas presents :rudolf: 3. Fishing stuff
    The more you put into life, the more you get out
  • eddi
    eddi Posts: 274 Forumite
    Haha yes M&M is M1lk and M0re, local milk man. Free £10 to use for new customers.

Just had our AF order arrive, massive boxes and to be honest I am not sure if I am pleased or not. There was alot to be fair but one jar was open and leaked everywhere and we only got one kind of cous cous instead of the two varieties we had ordered. I'm sure they will sort it, a few items missing. It is a bit annoying the credit will go back on the account so I have to place another order. Mixed feelings on this one.

Ooh just looking into M&M now, thanks for that :)

Did my first order from AF yesterday. I didn't use my full weight allowance but since I do eat a lot of couscous and drink lots of squash, even with the postage I've still saved on what I would normally pay. I couldn't do a big shop as payday is 2 weeks away. I hope I get my two flavours of A!nsleys couscous :( Hope you get your order sorted.
  • Mothership
    Mothership Posts: 823 Forumite
    edited 29 February 2012 at 2:19PM
    If anyone has a garden you can use the DR packing boxes to make really nice planters. If anyone is interested I will tell you how.

I dont use AF any more, The first order was fine, the 2nd I got half of it, as the driver told me the box had leaked all over the van and he refused to deliver it, then when I contacted them about it the burst box had 'disapeared', it was never returned to the depot. So the delivery driver must have considered it a 'freebie'. The person dealing with my complaint promised a refund, after about 10 calls, then I was told she had left, no refund was forthcoming, even after sending an avalance of emails, and trying to get them on the phone. Each time I had to go through the same process, what the order was , what I got , what I didnt get, what happened to the missing box, as I didnt get it I didn't know. Eventually I gave up and put it down to experience and AVOID them like the plague. I hope you all have better luck with them.
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business