Tigz's Debt Diary.......start work on the 23rd!

Comments

• sammy115
    sammy115 Posts: 15,267 Forumite
    Right girls enough of the chocolate love in if you don't mind! Making me want one!

Tigzie, classic agency hook in, but not too worry as someone else said it has given you the impetus to get the basics sorted.

Housing benefit - object. Take the benefit of my advice. Many times over the last year I have been told sorry! nothing we can do! Keep objecting until they change their mind. Don't forget at the moment you don't have a job. Tell them you can't afford it. Have they given a reason for dropping the figure down?
    Quality is doing something right when no one is looking - Henry Ford
  • tigzem
    tigzem Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    sammy115 wrote: »
    Right girls enough of the chocolate love in if you don't mind! Making me want one!

Tigzie, classic agency hook in, but not too worry as someone else said it has given you the impetus to get the basics sorted.

Housing benefit - object. Take the benefit of my advice. Many times over the last year I have been told sorry! nothing we can do! Keep objecting until they change their mind. Don't forget at the moment you don't have a job. Tell them you can't afford it. Have they given a reason for dropping the figure down?

No they haven't given a reason other than based on average rent. So I'll do another letter, maybe point them in direction of other rental properties on the market, min is £700 round here for 3 bed house. My Mum said I should ask for 2 thirds of the rent paid as I have 2 bedrooms, one for me and one for DD but I don't think they work like that!! It's crazy as if I rented this place on my own they'd end paying a lot more. I can't wait to get my own house!
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • tigzem
    Not much to add in way of becoming DF, am still trying to get myself straight after my car needing all that money spending on it.

Have joined the no spending on unnecessary items challenge but failed on the 1st day!!

Still job hunting, nothing around at the moment. Have joined 2 agencies and look in the weekly paper. Still looking into childcare, found 2 nurseries I'd be happy with, although there is another they take a £250 dep on top a months fees so can't see how I'd ever raise that amount of cash!!

I have about £32 in my savings account so far and have just opened a Cahoot Savings acc (via quido for cashback!) for my xmas/birthdays savings.

Have agreed with friends not to buy easter eggs this year and I'm not going to buy my DD one as she wont understand and will have lots I'm sure from others, ie my Mum!! :rotfl:

Am on a £10 budget this wk for my own spends, spent £1.19 so far on 2 creme eggs and a pack of doughnuts... :mad: bad girl!!
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • Two creme eggs???! Two?!?! Now that is not in the spirit of the Creme Egg challenge so don't blame that one on me :p One creme egg at a time then practice resistance.... ;)

Things are slow for me on the DFW front as well, just biding my time until payday on Friday.
    Pennies make pounds.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 358 - Proud To Have Dealt With My Debts!
  • tigzem
    Ah but I didn't eat both of them!!! One is still "hiding" in a mug on the mug tree...... so I've resisted eating it since Monday, but that's probably due to the doughnuts..... lol
  • onedayiwill
    onedayiwill Posts: 390 Forumite
    Very good. :D

The real challenge comes when you look a creme egg straight in the shiny wrapper, that is have it on display not hiding, and decide NOT to eat it.... yet :)

Mmmmmmmmmm doughnuts. Somehow my asda smartprice cuppa soup and plain roll aren't quite satisfying my hunger any more...
    Pennies make pounds.
  • tigzem
    Went for the Lone Parent Advisor meeting today and am very encouraged about going back to work. If I got a PT job earning £7500 pa I'd be £68 better off each week. Plus I'd get £250 for going back to work straight away, upto £100 towards clothes for work, a weeks childcare the week before I'd start a job to get DD used to nursery without the worry of my 1st day either and free me up to get bits sorted before work, but the best bit is I'd get £40 pw for a year as a bonus, which adds up to £2080, so guess where that would go!!! Yep, towards the debt. I'd save it then offer a final settlement figure towards the bigger debt which hopefully in a year would a lot less, so I could clear my largest debt within a year of starting back to work!!! Hopefully anyway.

I've just got to find somewhere now. Also I need to work out my outgoings/income again based on the figures I've been given today to calculate roughly how much I could throw at my debt, will post when worked it out. Will be a good incentive to find that job!!!
  • onedayiwill
    Fantastic Tigz. Good to hear it went so positively. I am sure the right job will come up for you soon.

How's that Creme Egg doing?
    Pennies make pounds.
  • tigzem
    Fantastic Tigz. Good to hear it went so positively. I am sure the right job will come up for you soon.

How's that Creme Egg doing?

It was eaten last night, but not by me...... by my BF!!! Grrrrrr
  • onedayiwill
    I hope he is going to pay you for it (or buy a replacement!) :D
    Pennies make pounds.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure