LBM in 2003.. What have I been doing since??!

Options

Comments

• PinotGrigio41
    PinotGrigio41 Posts: 4,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Hi folks!

Busy day but SO pleased that my friend took my kids out..zoo (free as we are members) and then DVDs at her house.. They were gone for hours :) they had a great time helping her with her toddler ( altho oldest one said she was worn out running after him and it had made her less sure about having kids which I was pleased about...best form of contraceptive there is ;)) so everyone a winner.

LO fish pie for tea together with lots of veg and then have stuffed myself with AF Green& Blacks Almond chocolate. DELLLLLEEEESSSCIOUS..:D The AF delivery looks very promising. Huge heavy box for £35 odd. OH very impressed by the value, so maybe this is something to do again sometime.

Nice sunny day here so £3.37 :T on the panels. Free money :T

Thinking again about being MF in 2022.. Quite a thought :) especially as it's hardly a small amount we owe. Just need to focus on not letting up now and pushing all that money that was going into debt as equally hard into the OP pot. Quite a relief we can pay off the mortgage as much as we like, when we like.

I am also planning a college fund for the kids so all go on the Brizzle spreadsheets :rotfl:

No sign of a lodger yet..but oh well a few weeks to go and it needs to be the right guy/gal

Laters folks..

We have a college fund, it has £10 in it !!! :rotfl::rotfl:
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    £10 more than me!!!:D :rotfl:
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks guys. Yes am aware of the risk SA but I am never going back there I promise!!:D I love being DF and plan to be MF in 8 years if I can..

Busy weekend so probably won't be able to post much. I am thinking a lot about my job and whether I need a new direction. I think I would like to do a few things with my week rather than just frantically running around for my full on job. So..interesting times ahead :)

Have a great weekend everyone x

Ooh, just been working it out and we are hoping to be mortgage free in 8 years too! End of 2022-fingers crossed! :)
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yay! Let's go for it TC :)

Quiet day today.. Working and now travelling home. But it's been a NSD! :T that's more like it Brizzle ;)

Hope everyone is in good spirits x
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • peaceandfreedom
    Options
    Yay! Let's go for it TC :)

Quiet day today.. Working and now travelling home. But it's been a NSD! :T that's more like it Brizzle ;)

Hope everyone is in good spirits x

Just dropping in to say that just reading your diary makes me feel a bit better about life somehow. You are doing so well, it makes me want to do well as well. :T Maybe I'll join you and Tattycath in the MF in 8 years thing - but I think I'd better concentrate on the DF thing first. :p
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Aaaw bless you P&F.. We all will get there.. :)

A stonking £4.50 on the panels yesterday :T :T must have been solid sunshine all day..WHOOP. That's more like it :)

Not sure what to do re one day next week and childcare..may ask a friend and offer to pay. Not bad though..first day of paying for childcare in over 6 months!

May have a small spend today. Less than £5. But that's all that's scheduled. Need to keep up the discipline..would be easy to let it slip with a bit of a 'treat' here and there.

Would love to be still in bed but must shake a tail feather :)

Have a good day folks
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 13 April 2014 at 10:35AM
    Options
    So..been busy for a few days but all good :)

Update:

- all this good weather is great for the panel output. Really good to see.
    - OPs not happening so much this week but that's cos the current account has been really stable :) so not exactly a bad thing ;)
    - OH and I have eaten out once this week..we could have eaten in, but the change of geography was really important as we discuss our future plans and that's easier done, by OH at least, when we are away from the house. I don't quite understand it, but I know it works for him, so currently need to be mindful of that
    - eggs from the chooks most days :)
    - still no news on a suitable tenant..but still 4 weeks until we would have a spare room.
    - amazingly tasty free lunch for us all yesterday at a lovely organic farm that we support ( ie buy great produce from!) near Bridgewater. They were great and we now love that place even more :)
    - sunny day today so should probably be on the allotment but am instead going shopping for a posh outfit for my 13yo. Wedding etc this summer which she needs an outfit for. Very rare thing these days ( shopping!, quite a lot of discussion and OH has now ducked out..his idea of a waste of a nice day ;)) but it's a very special occasion and we want to get some ideas. We may buy later but at the moment we need something which is not too grown up but also not too childish. We will walk into town so will chat, exercise and save on the bus fare all in one fell swoop:)

Hope everyone has a great day. Laters x
  • DedicatedDFW
    DedicatedDFW Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Brizzle,

I think i may need to think of a target year for clearing this mortgage :) So fab that yours is 8 years :j

Good you are having nice weather - it is cold, wet and miserable here today - good job i had planned a day in really :)

Hope you find something nice for your daughter :D
    CC1:T £[STRIKE]2531[/STRIKE] £1460
    MORTGAGE OVERPAYMENTS: £10575.20 Target £12,100
    MF Date: [STRIKE]August 2042[/STRIKE] May 2035
    Declutter 1000 things by Xmas 2015! 53/1000
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks DDFW.. I always need a goal:)

Found the perfect dress :) snapped up as only £40..had set a budget of 50% more than that so everyone pleased:)

Still sunny and enjoying that before mooching home. Walking back :angel: and OH has prepped Sunday roast. Yum
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 15 April 2014 at 3:27PM
    Options
    Hi all :wave:

Really need to get out and shake a tail feather (-are you lurking GP??!! ;)) but somehow seem to be still in bed...altho will get my first coffee of the year in the garden soon :j

The great news is that someone came round yesterday and liked the room so she moves in the day after our existing tenant leaves..we weren't getting worried but it'll be nice to know the easiest money in the world (or so it has seemed to us so far) will keep on rolling in..and in fact with a small increase.

I am also desperate for the end of the month to find out whether the positive change in my tax code for 14/15 throws up lots of extra cash. Somehow I doubt it but I live in hope!!:rotfl:

Today I will need to do some chores but we have some treats too. We are taking the kids to the cinema early eve ( must make sure we time it so we eat first) and I will also have a coffee with a friend and catch up. Haven't seen her for ages...

The idea of having a friend look after the kids for a day has fallen through as she is away..so it's going to be a combination of home alone, at their dad's work and maybe the neighbours..will have to refine today. Doesn't matter too much as only 2 days and on the upside I save the cash :)

The panels have been performing amazingly...£4 odd yesterday too :D

Had a little play with the spreadsheets yesterday and one of the pots now has another 1% in it :rotfl:.... seems a small thing but I felt strangely elated :)

Lots of washing on the line with this great weather but no veggies planted yet...must get on with that

Have a good day folks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback