Buying yellow sticker/reduced 2012 challenge

in Gone Off!
698 replies 88.2K views

Replies

• RiversongRiversong Forumite
    342 Posts
    Mk14:37 wrote: »
    Go for it, Broke. I don't understand the "leave some for others" mentality - only the "don't take more than you can use" mentality. If you can use or freeze then I don't see a reason to be contrite!

I agree, in my experience people rarely leave things for me and take everything. My mentality is, can i use it, afford and have the space for it? If yes then I take it, I have a family of 4 to feed. I used to leave things for others but I have never had the favour repaid.
  • Had to go shopping for a few things last night so went to Mr A. Sooo glad as got some nice lamb steaks down to £1 from £6.+, sirloin also £1 from £7.+ some fr eggs 30p, bacon 60p, Finest type pizza which will do lunch for 4 @ 75p, cakes 30-40p per pack and a huge gorgeous bunch of flowers down to £2 which I decided to treat myself to. Sad I know but I was one happy bunny lol.

Hope evryone else doing well ys wise.:T:T:T
  • seaceeseacee Forumite
    32 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've been living off stickers since moving out at 18- now 20, and a poor student. My (large) freezer currently has 7 loafs of frozen stickered kingsmill bread all at 20p or less, all the food I eat is either stickered/ value i.e. smartprice or donated by my boyfriend's parents- we do ok and our food bills are next to nothing maybe like £10 a week for us both.

The trick is to find out when your local store prices things down to get the best choice of items :)
  • welshsuewelshsue Forumite
    571 Posts
    Managed to get a real bargain from mr T's last sunday. Got there at 3pm just as they were doing final reductions. Got a 1.670kg pork shoulder joint, was £9.14, I paid 46p!!!!!!

In the oven now for lunch, should feed 4 plus leftovers...
    Going again at 3pm today to see if I can get anymore cheap deals.
  • matty17rmatty17r Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    did yoy have any luck welshsue?
  • welshsuewelshsue Forumite
    571 Posts
    matty17r wrote: »
    did yoy have any luck welshsue?

Noooo:sad: got there at 3.10 as had to collect eldest son first and nothing left at all.... been again tonight and again not much there... think everyone has the same idea and got there before me.
  • aprildawnaprildawn Forumite
    11 Posts
    My local Lidl's reduces fresh chickens by 30% the day before the use by date.I bought 3 so it was nearly "buy 2 get one free":D.

I portion them up and freeze them.
    Great value if you have a freezer
  • welshsue wrote: »
    Managed to get a real bargain from mr T's last sunday. Got there at 3pm just as they were doing final reductions. Got a 1.670kg pork shoulder joint, was £9.14, I paid 46p!!!!!!

In the oven now for lunch, should feed 4 plus leftovers...
    Going again at 3pm today to see if I can get anymore cheap deals.

wow that is great
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • i got a half price chicken at iceland this morning
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • fruitcake_2fruitcake_2 Forumite
    728 Posts
    wow, so many of us living off the reduction labels, theres a small community forming on the rounds that I do here, have been going to the shops in the evenings since 2001, and have become a better cook because of it as the variety of things that I get to pick up and would never have tried if they were full priced is out of this world. I completely agree with buying what you need rather than letting the "bargain greedy eyed monster" out and taking everything just because you can. I definitely share and share alike.
    Yesterday, Mr S had lots of organic yoghurt reduced from £1.80 to 20p, got myself a pot and also picked up a pack of finest sausages with caramalised onions for 35p at Mr T's for my lovely neighbour. If I was taller i would have no qualms about being a FREEGEN...maybe when the bins get smaller!
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS