Recommend nice 7 seater car

Options
Hello,
my first time posting.....hope for some suggestions.
We recently have our 3rd baby.oldest is 4 yrs. currently drive toyota prius and looking for a 7 seater car. The thing is I dont like the commonly recomended ones like zafira simply becoz of their looks. Can anyone recommend a better looking one thats safe and decent price(not overly expensive).I dont like MPV look-looks like boxes to me.
our budget is less than £15K.

looked at hyundai santa fe but dont know much about it or any other car.

important features:
safety.
reliability.
looks.
7 seater.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• petrolhead69
    petrolhead69 Posts: 288 Forumite
    edited 31 December 2011 at 3:23PM
    Options
    If you dont use the rear seats much a Mercedes e class estate comes in 7 seater form,or if you would use the more regularly xc90 , merc ml or x5 are available in 7 seaters in that price range, theres a big kia minivan thing as well but you said you dont like mpv styling.
    I forgot, a friend has a chevy captiva 7 seater diesel and they are nearly new at that price. he loves it but for a 2.0 cdti its more gutsy on diesel than his old x5 3.0d
  • Yorkie1
    Yorkie1 Posts: 11,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've a friend who's got a Seat Alhambra, nice car.
  • JQ.
    JQ. Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    Options
    Ford S-Max would be worth a look and in your price range.
  • Ranger8
    Ranger8 Posts: 388 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 December 2011 at 5:31PM
    Options
    boiali wrote: »
    Hello,
    We recently have our 3rd baby.oldest is 4 yrs. currently drive toyota prius and looking for a 7 seater car. Can anyone recommend a better looking one thats safe and decent price(not overly expensive).

important features:
    safety.
    reliability.
    looks.
    7 seater.

Its a `No brainer`the obvious choice is a Toyota Verso 2.0d (not 2.2d or petrol)
    A full 5 star Ncap rating, unbeatable reliability, looks (Functionality out weighs beauty), 7 seats and an excellent dealer network.
    A very quiet, economical (50mpg) easy to drive car thats not to big.
    I can wholeheartedly recommend one, £15k should buy a 1 yr old TR model with 4yrs warranty remaining.:)
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You missed what could be the most important feature, a useable boot when all 7 seats are in use. Having 7 seats but nowhere to put a pram is a problem.
  • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    Options
    gotta be the mazda5 ts2. 7 seater nice looking insurance group 12e. full of safety features and space
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 31 December 2011 at 11:54PM
    Options
    boiali wrote: »
    Hello,
    We recently have our 3rd baby.oldest is 4 yrs. currently drive toyota prius and looking for a 7 seater car. The thing is I dont like the commonly recomended ones like zafira simply becoz of their looks. Can anyone recommend a better looking one thats safe and decent price(not overly expensive).I dont like MPV look-looks like boxes to me.

looked at hyundai santa fe but dont know much about it or any other car.

important features:
    safety.
    reliability.
    looks.
    7 seater.

thanks in advance.

I have one of these as a diesel ....

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/newreviews/207203/mitsubishi_grandis.html

Can get a 2007 07 registered used one for under £10,000

Stopped making them in 2009 I think.

Works well for us, the DVD and games console (Warrior spec, with leather easy to clean seats) in the 'ceiling' keeps the kids entertained and you still have a good boot with all 7 seats in use.

It's slightly longer than a ford galaxy, but is narrower.

Avoid the petrol version, it does about 20mpg, the 2.0 diesel does about 43mpg.

Obviously the petrol version is a lot cheaper, but it would cost over £1,000 a year more in fuel to run!
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    Nissan Qashqai+2 7 seater, has some usable boot even in 7 seat mode. Just won used car of the year award. £15 easily enough to get a good one.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Options
    just saw this, was going to recommend same!
  • zenmaster
    zenmaster Posts: 3,151 Forumite
    Options
    Another Mitsubishi vote here, though I would suggest the Outlander.

We had the original Spacewagon and ran it for 15 years all over Europe with 5 kids without any real problems.

As mentioned earlier, check the boot space. The Spacewagon was rubbish on that score, but we got a roofbox.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure