Keeping up appearances.......

Options

Comments

• Dolphin1
    Dolphin1 Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 June 2015 at 8:33PM
    Options
    I know you are being really good Dolphin but buttered toast is one of life's real pleasures - once in a while will be OK as long as it doesn't become a daily habit, won't it?

Normally, I would say once in a while would be fine but the problem is that I plaster it on so thick that you can see where my teeth have been after every bite :eek: and I have noticed that there is a direct correlation between me having toast and butter for breakfast (or should that be the other way round? :)) and my lack of weight loss so I figured it would do me good to resist it for a month. It is lovely though :drool:.
  • HappyNow
    HappyNow Posts: 1,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I just wrote a humungous catching-up post and lost the bl**dy lot when I pressed 'submit'. And now Mr H is here and I have to go. Grrr. The gist of it was that the internet is now fixed! Back soon x
    LBM Dec 2011. Aimed, but failed, to clear all unsecured debt by Feb 2019. Finally free of unsecured debt 21st May 21!

Debt Dec 11: Unsecured £69,579 + Mortgage £59,948 = £129,527
    Debt May 21: Unsecured ZERO! ZILCH! Mortgage £22,332
  • Dolphin1
    Options
    HappyNow wrote: »
    I just wrote a humungous catching-up post and lost the bl**dy lot when I pressed 'submit'.

I hate it when that happens :mad:.

And now Mr H is here and I have to go. Grrr. The gist of it was that the internet is now fixed! Back soon x

Yay to the internet access :j!
  • HappyNow
    Options
    Another quick go before I dash off to work. So, Jubilant June targets and I will catch up with everyone else's going on tonight.
    • Do something fun every day! 1st June - this was a Monday which aren't traditionally fun, but I bought a £1 O2 Priority Moments Pizza to fun-up my work lunchtime. 2nd June - Went rental house shopping with Little Miss H. We had a fantastic day and she and her lovely boyfriend have now signed up for a gorgeous little house just five minutes drive from here. 3rd June - didn't really do anything, will try harder today.
    • Waste no money. A bit of spending (£40 on the plumber yesterday to finally mend the toilet - he didn't have time to do the hot water, grrr) but it wasn't wasted and it's a relief to have it done before we go away.
    • No falling into bed without removing any make-up and applying face-cream Hmm, only did one day out of three.
    • Stop biting my nails. I will be very relaxed for half of the month so it's an ideal time to do this. I've been biting them since I was five though so will find it tough.
    • Research holiday books and load the kindle Mr H has a kindle but he prefers real books so I will borrow it. I'm going to look for light, humourous, holiday reading - the literary equivalent of Last Tango in Halifax sort of thing.
    LBM Dec 2011. Aimed, but failed, to clear all unsecured debt by Feb 2019. Finally free of unsecured debt 21st May 21!

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 June 2015 at 8:40AM
    Options
    1. Computer off before 8.00pm.
    2. Stuck to two real coffees but resorted to an instant later.
    3. No baking done.
    4. Training going well. He's responding to the clicker at the beginning of walks without needing any chicken at all, and when he's tempted to go and play with other dogs he's much happier about coming back to me than he used to be. I rather wish I'd done this with the last dog, now, because he's much more responsive genererally, and seems more tired and ready for home at the end of walks.
    I had to laugh, Happy, at something he's started doing, thinking about your neighbour's dog getting all excited when you text to say you're on your way in the evenings. Our newish neighbour apparently lost her dog relatively recently but has realised now is not the time for them to get another one, so asks pretty regularly if she can take Kelpie for a walk. It tends to be around dusk and involves the front door bell. The dog now zips straight downstairs immediately, tail whirling and hopping about with excitement even if he's just been walked by me as soon as the doorbell goes!

I agree with you JoeyJ. I don't think tasting a thimbleful, ie a sip, is a drink - it's helping your neighbour out, and that is to be encouraged.

Teeth marks in the butter, ah, yes Dolphin, I'm with you on that one. I gave up butter at some point years ago and found the taste of most things didn't alter that much except, oddly, peanut butter. I've never gone back to having it on veg though and now use a lot less so if you can cut down over June, long term I'm sure you'll benefit.

Good to see you back, Oh Happy One. I think quite a lot of us are getting 'Try again' messages, but I've found that Arrowing Back to the previous page means the post is still there and you can just click on Submit Reply. (Belt and braces, me, I also Select All and Copy before I click on anything now.)
    Better is good enough.
  • Dolphin1
    Options
    Yesterday...

1) No butter.
    2) No cake.
    3) Light off at 10.40pm.
    4) Meal plan for the week already done.
    5) No spends on other people.
  • HappyNow
    edited 4 June 2015 at 11:41PM
    Options
    Lots of site problems tonight. I'll keep this short because it might not post. Update for 4th :
    • Today's 'something fun'. I've been on a non-fun course all day, but lunch was provided and (Dolphin DON'T LOOK!) I ate five pieces of cake!! They were tiny, barely a mouthful each, but definitely fun! Three pieces of carrot cake and two chocolate cake. It's a two day course so I will hopefully do the same tomorrow:)
    • Waste no money Achieved. Mr H had to replace his phone charger which cost £15, I spent £32 on petrol and £12 in Tessies on emergency bits. Still haven't done a proper food shop
    • Make-up off/face cream on. Yep, I am sat here all clean and greasy-faced.
    • Nail biting. Left the nails alone but have been chewing the skin around both thumb nails and they're now bleeding. Think I need to grow up!
    • Book research Nope

• HappyNow
    Options
    Exams are still ruling this part of Cumbria and we're on the eve of two more weeks, I am so looking forward to June 19th: there will be steak (sorry Happy - thank you T*sco Orchard), cheesecake and red wine/fizzy pop that night.

So my plans for June are mostly just to get through it including:
    - no drinking alcohol Mon-Thurs
    - 6mile walk with dog daily
    - kondo top floor of house
    You do Tesco Orchard :). I've just been offered a vegetable one today.
    Six miles every day! Wowza you will be fit. The HappyDog is a complete ball junkie. She does like walks, but her favourite thing is me standing still in the field and throwing balls for her to fetch and bring back. I like that too :)
    By smiling brightly and moving on to another one probably :T. .
    Good answer!

• HappyNow
    Options
    Argh, I'm giving in and trying again tomorrow....

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    1. Computer off before 8.00pm. Tick.
    2. Stuck to two real coffees but resorted to an instant later. Tick.
    3. No baking done. Tick.
    4. Not sure where my Lights out by 11.00pm 4 nights a week target has gone. Either way, I've only managed it once this week and we're out tonight so that scuppers Week 1. Fail.
    5. Continuing, focussing on Recall. I tried a bit of Sit but he was most confused by such a weird idea out of the house.
    Better is good enough.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure