Salt & Vinegar v Cheese & Onion! Which are the ultimate crisps?

Comments

• Zyyb
    Zyyb Posts: 99 Forumite
    How can Cheese and Onion have won?

Whenever i look into the box or bag of crisps at the end of the week, all that's left are the crummy red & blue packets.

Salt and Vinegar are the best, especially the new walkers baked ones.
    The Number One Reason for the Success of the Internet

Debt at highest - £23,240 - Debt as of May 15 - £2300 0% CC DFD - Mid 2016! Bloody wedding to save up for now!
  • I bet if you re-run the poll giving people the choice between only Cheese & Onion and Salt & Vinegar you'd get a different result.

I reckon Prawn Cocktail, Worchestershire Sauce & Pickled Onion would side with Salt & Vineger (looking for that edgy taste) giving them a whopping 39.4% while only Cheese would vote for Cheese & Onion giving them only 29.4%.

Ready Salted and the meat crisps (accounting for the remaining 31.2%) would probably be split evenly giving a final grand total of:

Salt & Vineger = 55.0%
    Cheese & Onion = 45.0%

And thereby kicking Cheese & Onions butt by 10.0%
  • Rorschach wrote:
    I bet if you re-run the poll giving people the choice between only Cheese & Onion and Salt & Vinegar you'd get a different result.

I reckon Prawn Cocktail, Worchestershire Sauce & Pickled Onion would side with Salt & Vineger (looking for that edgy taste)......

Great idea! :T :T I can confirm as a Worchestershire Sauce voter, if I had to vote S&V or C&O (and couldn't abstain :p ), I'd vote for S&V :A

IW x
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 222 :beer:
    :T Debt free wannabe - Proud to be dealing with my debts! :T

Remember the MoneySaving mantras!

IF YOU'RE SKINT......
    Do I need it? Can I afford it? Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?

IF YOU'RE NOT SKINT......
    Will I use it? Is it worth it? Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?
  • KTee_2
    KTee_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Pity it came out for Cheese 'n Onion but the best I ever had were Traffic Warden flavour. Apparently Traffic Wardens complained so the flavour was dropped!
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,258
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Its a travesty, I demand a recount.:angry:

Salt & Vinegar are numero uno.
  • Martin - you don't need a recount. My theory is that you split the vote too much. Re-run the poll with a straight choice between C & O and S & V and SURELY MSE's will vote sensibly!!!!! :D
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Chuffy
    Chuffy Posts: 1,254 Forumite
    I considered the question carefully before voting - on a one-off basis I would choose S&V, however, if I was stuck on an island with a crate of them I would choose another flavour.
    Why? because S&V hurt after a couple of bags - the sides of my mouth start splitting (you know what I'm talking about) and then I'd not be able to eat any crisps.
    Cheese and Onion though - smelly fingers for you then...
  • you havent got marmite flavour on your list , they only come out a couple of times a year as they are limited edition , probably just as well as Id be twice the size, as they are seriously gorgeous.
    otherwise
    cheese and onion are the best.
  • budgetbabe wrote:
    Does anyone know where to buy fruit crisps? i had some apple ones recently & they were fab! Ive tried Holland & Barret but they don't sell them
    :confused:
    Tescos 'stocked' them - my local store are discontinuing them probably due to poor sales.
  • Pickled onion and Worcester sauce are the best !
    MmMmMm :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport