PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Redouble
    Redouble Posts: 468 Forumite
    jo84 wrote: »
    Thread moving so fast! Hard to keep up!
    Moved LO from Cow and Gate 2 to Cow and Gate 3 as had stacks of coupons for £1 off. Anybody else notice the 50p increase in a tub over the last couple of weeks practically everywhere:mad:

How old Is your child? They don't need formula after 1yr Old ( they just make and advertise the stuff o get around formula advertising laws xx ) I must have spent thousands on milk for my daughter as I thought you HAD to go up the milks :o
    NSDs 7/20
    Make £10 a day £403.74/£310
  • Another NSD for me, this morning I went through all my December Asda reciepts and checked them on the Price guarantee and got £31 back in vouchers WHOPPPIIEEEE 3 of them are £5 off a £40 spend though & expire on the 15th Jan so will be breaking my shopping up & will perhaps do a little bulk buying on any offers they have on such as toiletries, washing powder etc:D I was really surprised on one of the recipts to get £7.81 back :cool: So please be sure to check yours as its been worth it for me, OH was scoffing at me at first as the 1st reciept only brought in a 27p voucher and he said "its hardly worth the effort" hes not saying that now though:p
    grocery challenge Sept 2012 £21/£399
  • £50.81 spend after voucher use today - well stocked! Lots of whoopsies in the reduced section, unfortunately not reduced by loads and very little we'd ever use, still we picked some some garlic baguettes.

Couldn't find puff pastry though and staff didn't know where it was either, so that scuppers my idea of having a NSWeekend since I'll have to hunt it down somewhere.

Question - We used vouchers in A&da (price guarantee ones) and they gave us the receipts back for some reason, would it be really unethical to reprint vouchers and use them again? Is there anything on their system that would flag this up? I'd be hideously embarassed if it did, though OH said he'd do it! (it's the risk of a telling off at the checkout that's putting me off!) I know they're supposed to keep the receipt the voucher was with, so not sure why they gave them back.
    February Grocery Challenge - £100.87/£180
    February Don't Throw Food Away Challenge - £0.60/£1.50
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    tracey, I've added your flourless chocolate raspberry cake to the index.

Can someone clarify please? I'm thinking that 'flourless' means its actually Gluten Free? if so, it might be more useful to list it as that. Sorry if that's a stupid question but I know nothing about this and I don't want to risk anyone having problems with a recipe.

I need to do a bit of re-organising of the recipes list; I could put gluten -free into their own section? ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Wow! This thread moves fast - just wizzed through posts as best I could.

Popped into Mr M's yesterday eve as DD2 needed bread for pack up today and we have no yogurts left either -bought the nom nom yogs on offer at mo, the bread and a few whoopsies including the last two big toffee puddings reduced down to 50p each and a bag of 8 croissents @ 10p and a box of lamb samosas @19p.

Total spend £5.83

Off to update total now.
    Crazy Clothes Challenge 2012 £57.20/£100,CCC 2013 £68.67/£100 ,CCC 2014 £94.32/£100
    *Frugal Living Challenge 2012, 2013, 2014*
    GC 2014 Jan £154.14/£180;Feb £103.49/£180;Mar 117.63/£160
  • Question - We used vouchers in A&da (price guarantee ones) and they gave us the receipts back for some reason, would it be really unethical to reprint vouchers and use them again? Is there anything on their system that would flag this up? I'd be hideously embarassed if it did, though OH said he'd do it! (it's the risk of a telling off at the checkout that's putting me off!) I know they're supposed to keep the receipt the voucher was with, so not sure why they gave them back.

Just to let you know they should not be able to take your reciept, I thought they marked it in some way. You should never hand over your reciept incase you ever need to apply for a refund etc of any items.

I am not sure how unethical it is, I have probably done it by accident as I occasionally go back over ones that I think I havent done but with no system for knowing which ones I have done before it is possible that I have done one twice.

E x
    Jan GC £242.38/£250
    Feb GC £147.57 /£240
    2012 Clothes Challenge £97.50/£500
    Repay £5K in 2012 £254.17/£5000
    2012 NSD 14/200 (Jan 14)
  • Outdoorlass
    Outdoorlass Posts: 315 Forumite
    edited 5 January 2012 at 3:53PM
    Question - We used vouchers in A&da (price guarantee ones) and they gave us the receipts back for some reason, would it be really unethical to reprint vouchers and use them again? Is there anything on their system that would flag this up? I'd be hideously embarassed if it did, though OH said he'd do it! (it's the risk of a telling off at the checkout that's putting me off!) I know they're supposed to keep the receipt the voucher was with, so not sure why they gave them back.

I personally would NOT do this for a few reasons!

1) Its dishonest
    2) Abuse like this will more than likely put an end to schemes like this and spoil it for those that use the voucher system honestly

Sorry, if thats not what you wanted to hear:)
    grocery challenge Sept 2012 £21/£399
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,873 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just on to update my sig.

Lunch out with DH today as he is having a hideous time. Unemployed for the first time ever and had just been to the job centre. £11.15 in Gi4rdinos cheered him up a little bit.

Needed some sanitary goods but got them with my B00ts points - go me!
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • spent £10 today - mil picked up like 3 things for me then i had to give her the money - hmmmm werent really essentials either - will need to go get essentials 2mor i think..boooo
    Learning to keep within budgets !

:money:
  • freyaluck
    freyaluck Posts: 465 Forumite
    Spent £4.90 so far this week, £3.00 on eldest dd school lunch today:o Forgot to take bread and milk out of freezer last night oops, learnt my lesson and wont happen again.
    Saving for the future of the earth
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport