We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Jeffers, Bangor

Options

Comments

• NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That was Price Attack and it closed last Sunday.
  • BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    There was a plan a few years ago to convert part of it to cinemas.
  • caz2703
    caz2703 Posts: 3,630 Forumite
    Options
    Whatever happened to the plans for the seafront near Pickie? I heard Debenhams being mentioned a few years ago.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    caz2703 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the plans for the seafront near Pickie? I heard Debenhams being mentioned a few years ago.
    No money I gather,if you look next to the menu boards on the hotel next to the pink pub along from the courthouse the are plans for redevelopment posted there.(Marine Court?)
  • dmxdave
    dmxdave Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 January 2012 at 1:18PM
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    No money I gather,if you look next to the menu boards on the hotel next to the pink pub along from the courthouse the are plans for redevelopment posted there.(Marine Court?)

It's actually The Royal that have planning approval for a big job....but it won't be happening for a while.
    Demolition of existing Royal Hotel and Windsor Bar and erection of replacement 52 room hotel with bar / restaurant, roof top restaurant, 33 apartments, viewing terrace, car parking, amenity space and ancillary accommodation

http://epicpublic.planningni.gov.uk/PublicAccess/zd/zdApplication/application_detailview.aspx?caseno=LD0P55SVDT188
    Dave
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    dmxdave wrote: »
    It's actually The Royal that have planning approval for a big job....but it won't be happening for a while.

http://epicpublic.planningni.gov.uk/PublicAccess/zd/zdApplication/application_detailview.aspx?caseno=LD0P55SVDT188

Cheers,couldn't remember the name of it..old age n all that!
  • Morienos
    Morienos Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Another one that wanted to pay it down with apartments that have little or no value now.

I was walking through the Flagship the other day and there were so few shops I felt I guilty I was wasting electricity to run the lighting. Any word on co-op moving to where Bon Marche was? They still have the notice of license to sell spirits in the window there. Are Dunnes thinking of moving back to their old premises?
  • caz2703
    Options
    Ahhh the Royal, brings back memories of having to play nice with the ex's parents when they visited. Oh those were the days.
  • dmxdave
    dmxdave Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    caz2703 wrote: »
    Ahhh the Royal, brings back memories of having to play nice with the ex's parents when they visited. Oh those were the days.

Were your teeth gritted when you posted that ;)
    Dave
  • caz2703
    Options
    dmxdave wrote: »
    Were your teeth gritted when you posted that ;)

You've no idea.

I wonder if they could arrange the demolition when they're next over visiting :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport