Jeffers, Bangor

Options
BigAl94
BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
Longstanding forum members will be sad to hear that both of Jeffers restaurants in Bangor have closed down!

Comments

• spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Steven Jeffers was head chef & owner of my local,Grace Neills in the Dee,his food was always good,if a little pricey & small portion's.
  • dmxdave
    dmxdave Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BigAl94 wrote: »
    Longstanding forum members will be sad to hear that both of Jeffers restaurants in Bangor have closed down!

I did not agree with their policies, but it is still a pity that others have lost their jobs. Is the Castlereagh golf club one still open?

Just a sign of the (bad) times Ratz was another that shut a while ago in Bangor and I am sure there have been others.
    Dave
  • caz2703
    caz2703 Posts: 3,630 Forumite
    Options
    Ok I've wondered for long enough - just what was the deal with Jeffers? Oh and am I imagining it that I saw a sign somewhere over Craigantlet for Jeffers?
  • BigAl94
    edited 11 December 2011 at 1:20PM
    Options
    Castlereagh Golf Club venture went to the wall over a year ago. Just heard that The Salty Dog has closed down in Bangor as well, apparently the owner of the premises changed the locks last week, rumour is Bill Wolsey will run it himself next year.
  • Coolhandluke
    Options
    caz2703 wrote: »
    Ok I've wondered for long enough - just what was the deal with Jeffers? Oh and am I imagining it that I saw a sign somewhere over Craigantlet for Jeffers?

Sometime way back someone on here had booked a table at Jeffers for a number of people,some of the party didn't turn up but they were still charged for these people or something like that.
    The thread got really big so much so that if you googled Jeffers it came up top of the search list even before his own website.
    Bill Wolsey will soon be running everything.
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    Options
    Sometime way back someone on here had booked a table at Jeffers for a number of people,some of the party didn't turn up but they were still charged for these people or something like that.
    The thread got really big so much so that if you googled Jeffers it came up top of the search list even before his own website.
    Bill Wolsey will soon be running everything.

Correction Wolsey will be running everything for the banks soon.
  • caz2703
    Options
    Ahhhhh got you now. Doesn't sound like a very nice way to treat your customers. Shame about Ratz as I quite enjoyed eating there. Seems Mr Wolsey will own half of Bangor the rate he's going.
  • Coolhandluke
    Options
    caz2703 wrote: »
    Ahhhhh got you now. Doesn't sound like a very nice way to treat your customers. Shame about Ratz as I quite enjoyed eating there. Seems Mr Wolsey will own half of Bangor the rate he's going.

And he's not doing to bad in Belfast with the Merchant and has stepped in to run a few others that are ailing.
  • BigAl94
    Options
    Bill Wolsey has owned The Salty Dog for some time but had it leased out to Arthur family (Grace Neill's Donaghadee)
  • caz2703
    Options
    And he's not doing to bad in Belfast with the Merchant and has stepped in to run a few others that are ailing.

Does Mr Wolsey have a nice eligible son ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure