• NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What wonderful pastimes you have! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Deesea_2
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    I was in Gracies a couple weeks ago on Saturday night & the place was nearly empty,most of the customers being in the resturant,Didn't know Hans had lost control of Gracies,where did you hear that?..
    A friend of mine was in the Salty Dog a few weeks ago & she said the food was dire,cold & even the bacon she got was microwaved,even getting a complaint resolved was like pulling teeth...

Was very interested to read all about Jeffers, Grace Neills and The Salty Dog. My parents bought a gift voucher as a Christmas present for £50 from Jeffers just before it closed!! Can anyone tell me the best way to go about getting their money back or a least registering that they are owed money.
    I was walking into the Salty Dog just before Christmas and overheard two customers standing outside asking a bar man if the name was going to be changed so I knew something was up. Then when both Arthurs (son and daughter) were in Gracies for new year I knew there must be a problem with The Salty Dog.
    Its such a pity there are so few decent places to eat in Bangor I agree that The Salty Dog was overpriced. Went there a couple of times but wouldn't go back.
    Grace Neills is one of my favourite pub/restaurants and I would hate to it change or worse close!
  • D.A.
    D.A. Posts: 1,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Deesea wrote: »
    Was very interested to read all about Jeffers, Grace Neills and The Salty Dog. My parents bought a gift voucher as a Christmas present for £50 from Jeffers just before it closed!! Can anyone tell me the best way to go about getting their money back or a least registering that they are owed money.

Not going to happen, given that Jeffers closed up owing some of his suppliers thousands of pounds.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Deesea wrote: »
    I was walking into the Salty Dog just before Christmas and overheard two customers standing outside asking a bar man if the name was going to be changed so I knew something was up. Then when both Arthurs (son and daughter) were in Gracies for new year I knew there must be a problem with The Salty Dog.
    Its such a pity there are so few decent places to eat in Bangor I agree that The Salty Dog was overpriced. Went there a couple of times but wouldn't go back.
    Grace Neills is one of my favourite pub/restaurants and I would hate to it change or worse close!

Gracies closed at 8pm tonight for 'staff training' according to a post on Facebook....Something I cannot recall them doing in the past...
  • caz2703
    caz2703 Posts: 3,630 Forumite
    Options
    Speaking of Jeffers, his book is being sold off cheap in Tesco if anyone is interested? £12.99 down t o£4.99 and it's signed as well. Must be a bargain!!!!
  • BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Jeffers is subject of a Creditor's Petition in the Bankruptcy Court on Friday 20 January.
  • NornIronSimon
    Options
    They are dropping like flies!!! Apparently Rioja has also closed its doors this week.

All the good restaurants in Bangor are closing down. The only ones that seem to be surviving are those which are incorporated in established bars. Donegans, Jamaica Inn, etc....

Sad times.
  • Fathero3
    Fathero3 Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    :shhh: Shh, don't say such negative things.

Sammy Wilson says such negative talk costs [STRIKE]lives[/STRIKE] jobs...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-16613331

...and, by the way, the Emperor's new clothes look lovely too.
  • NornIronSimon
    Options
    On another point, I also heard that the Flagship Centre in Bangor is to be demolished. (Don't quote me on that as I am not sure if its fact or rumour).

Seems like it wasn't that long ago since it was built.

And the number of discount shops is getting a bit much. Maybe Bangor should change its name to Pound City! lol

Anyway, that's my rant for this afternoon out of the way.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    On another point, I also heard that the Flagship Centre in Bangor is to be demolished. (Don't quote me on that as I am not sure if its fact or rumour).

Seems like it wasn't that long ago since it was built.

And the number of discount shops is getting a bit much. Maybe Bangor should change its name to Pound City! lol

Anyway, that's my rant for this afternoon out of the way.

Well,the CoOp in there must be loosing money,every time I go in there it's empty,compared to this time last year,the whole place is empty..and I see the DIY shop between Dunnes & Argos is closing down as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure