Data Protection, Storing rival company data, Illegal Downloads, Email Access, Fraud..

Options
12346»

Comments

• Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    for info OP has also PMd me seeking to pay for advice.

It's just not cricket! And I cannot imagine Op with their attitude would not sue if it didn't go their way!

OP, there are many employment solicitors with high street offices. Go find one.
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I will admit that I sometimes post in anger, but having had a keyboard-rant, I then delete what I have written before hitting the 'post it' button. Then go-on to write a rant-free posting instead.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    As a responsible employer, I am steering well clear of this one, as I don’t have the case from both sides. There seems to be a big problem with the employer in this case, from what is on this forum.

What was the IT policy?

I reserve the right to access emails and track movements of computers for operational purposes, as these are my property, I can do what I wish with them.

If this is not in writing (copies are in the staffroom and in all employment contracts), then I’m sorry, I don’t know the answer.
    💙💛 💔
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    Hi SarEL

This is too complicated. Perhaps, we can talk privately so you can see my appeal? Willing to pay as I won’t let this go that easily!

Showed all events on my appeal to suggest that I was being the target! Please accept this for the sake of argument. IT'S TRUE!

Disciplined (process lasted 4 months) for me trying to remove illegal data from the server, have proven this on my appeal, although they claimed otherwise.

They tried to bring another one during the disciplinary process so as to get rid of me but failed as it was so silly. I gave them a good fight as well despite family issues! During this time, I questioned their equal opportunities policies, etc.

Then they brought the redundancy, option to apply for a job, but persisted that the manager being in the selection process. I openly told things about the manager at the time, and they did not do anything as it was related to theft of data. It was overtaken by the FD, who then gave me a verbal warning, that made no sense!

Anyway, the selection process is unfair in my opinion amongst hundred other issues because the manager was involved. Therefore, I have argued that I was dismissed unfairly for 5 reasons. ALL TRUE!

They are asking for evidence now despite the fact I only sent 2/3 hours ago...It is being investigated by the guy who gave me the verbal warning....I don't trust them... I have loads of evidence.

Questions are: If I send email pertaining to me (i.e. they came into my inbox), can they do anything i.e. say company data stolen that I shouldn’t have?

If I send notes – can they do anything? This shows the manager threatening me!

Can I send screen shots, although I have already sent them, where manager blocked my email access in relation to the disciplinary process above? They ignored this.

I sent you a summary of my appeal on your private inbox - should give you some idea.

Were you attempting to remove data from your employers server without their permission?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure