Data Protection, Storing rival company data, Illegal Downloads, Email Access, Fraud..

Options

Comments

• hostileworkplace
    hostileworkplace Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 15 December 2011 at 8:02PM
    Options
    Hi SarEL

This is too complicated. Perhaps, we can talk privately so you can see my appeal? Willing to pay as I won’t let this go that easily!

Showed all events on my appeal to suggest that I was being the target! Please accept this for the sake of argument. IT'S TRUE!

Disciplined (process lasted 4 months) for me trying to remove illegal data from the server, have proven this on my appeal, although they claimed otherwise.

They tried to bring another one during the disciplinary process so as to get rid of me but failed as it was so silly. I gave them a good fight as well despite family issues! During this time, I questioned their equal opportunities policies, etc.

Then they brought the redundancy, option to apply for a job, but persisted that the manager being in the selection process. I openly told things about the manager at the time, and they did not do anything as it was related to theft of data. It was overtaken by the FD, who then gave me a verbal warning, that made no sense!

Anyway, the selection process is unfair in my opinion amongst hundred other issues because the manager was involved. Therefore, I have argued that I was dismissed unfairly for 5 reasons. ALL TRUE!

They are asking for evidence now despite the fact I only sent 2/3 hours ago...It is being investigated by the guy who gave me the verbal warning....I don't trust them... I have loads of evidence.

Questions are: If I send email pertaining to me (i.e. they came into my inbox), can they do anything i.e. say company data stolen that I shouldn’t have?

If I send notes – can they do anything? This shows the manager threatening me!

Can I send screen shots, although I have already sent them, where manager blocked my email access in relation to the disciplinary process above? They ignored this.

I sent you a summary of my appeal on your private inbox - should give you some idea.
  • SarEl
    SarEl Posts: 5,683 Forumite
    Options
    Hi SarEL

This is too complicated. Perhaps, we can talk privately so you can see my appeal? Willing to pay as I won’t let this go that easily!

As you will now be aware I do not accept unsolicited PM's and I would never, as you requested me to, hand out my private e-mail address. Nor do I solicit for business on these forums and I am offended that you think that I am.

Showed all events on my appeal to suggest that I was being the target! Please accept this for the sake of argument. IT'S TRUE!

Disciplined (process lasted 4 months) for me trying to remove illegal data from the server, have proven this on my appeal, although they claimed otherwise.

They tried to bring another one during the disciplinary process so as to get rid of me but failed as it was so silly. I gave them a good fight as well despite family issues! During this time, I questioned their equal opportunities policies, etc.

Then they brought the redundancy, option to apply for a job, but persisted that the manager being in the selection process. I openly told things about the manager at the time, and they did not do anything as it was related to theft of data. It was overtaken by the FD, who then gave me a verbal warning, that made no sense!

Anyway, the selection process is unfair in my opinion amongst hundred other issues because the manager was involved. Therefore, I have argued that I was dismissed unfairly for 5 reasons. ALL TRUE!

They are asking for evidence now despite the fact I only sent 2/3 hours ago...It is being investigated by the guy who gave me the verbal warning....I don't trust them... I have loads of evidence.

Questions are: If I send email pertaining to me (i.e. they came into my inbox), can they do anything i.e. say company data stolen that I shouldn’t have?

If I send notes – can they do anything? This shows the manager threatening me!

Can I send screen shots, although I have already sent them, where manager blocked my email access in relation to the disciplinary process above? They ignored this.

I sent you a summary of my appeal on your private inbox - should give you some idea.

I knew it was a mistake to enter this thread. I have nothing more to say and do not contact me again.
  • snowcat53
    Options
    I'm out too.
  • hostileworkplace
    Options
    I'm out too. :)
  • hostileworkplace
    hostileworkplace Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 15 December 2011 at 10:49PM
    Options
    Here are some info for people who may need it.

http://www.antibullying.net/workplace.htm
    http://www.bullyingbusiness.co.uk/

http://www.tuc.org.uk/tuc/rights_bullyatwork.cfm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010/jan/04/bullying-workplace-recession

http://www.actionagainstbullies.co.uk/

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/workplacehealth/Pages/bullyingatwork.aspx

http://www.stress.org.uk/Workplace-bullying.aspx

Bullying at work & the law

Currently there is no piece of legislation which specifically covers workplace bullying. Instead, there are two statutes that courts rely on in these cases :-
    • Sex Discrimination Act 1975
    • Race Relations Act 1976
    For individuals considering bringing a workplace bullying claim against an employer before the Employment Tribunal, these Acts may also be of interest :-
    • Employment Rights Act 1996
    • Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998
    • Employment Relations Act 1999
    • Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
    • Disability Discrimination Act 1995
    • Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992
    • Trade Union Reform and Employment Rights Act 1993
    • European Working Time Directive
    • Criminal Justice & Public Order Act 1994
    • Protection from Harassment Act 1997
    • Articles 8 and 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights
    • Malicious Communications Act (1988)
    • Human Rights Act 1998
    • Employment Rights (Dispute Resolution) Act 1998
    • Data Protection Act 1998
    • Freedom of Information Act 2000
    • Access to Medical Reports Act 1988
    • Employment Act 2002
  • hostileworkplace
    Options
    WORKPLACE BULLYING LAW

If you are being singled out for unfair treatment whilst at your place of employment by your boss, a manager or a colleague you do not have to suffer in silence. Workplace bullying whilst common-place is unlawful and legal action can be taken.
    • The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 imposes a legal duty on employers to look after the health, safety and welfare of their employees so far as is reasonably possible. If they do not do this, and tolerate workplace bullying, they are breaching an individual's contract of employment.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HWP, glad to see you have calmed-down. An angry man makes the best speech he will regret, whilst a calm man will make a valid and well-rounded argument.

Good to know you are seeking proper legal advice.

Also, be aware that whilst certain MSE members are happy to use their professional postions to offer free advice, they do not wish to be seen touting for business.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure