Data Protection, Storing rival company data, Illegal Downloads, Email Access, Fraud..

Options

Comments

• hostileworkplace
    Options
    Emmzi, I aint no martyr and at same time will not be victimized by bullies. I sent you an PM....

WhiteHorse, point taken...I will go to work tomorrow and say nothing. Just hope they will get rid of me asap so at least I won't be subject to any abuse...

Than you all.
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Emmzi, I aint no martyr and at same time will not be victimized by bullies. I sent you an PM....

Than you all.

I have replied to your PM.

You need to decide if you want to be a whistleblower or if a cash settlement is more imoportant to you, and as your case is complex I reccomend a solicitor, probably one familiar with either employ,ent law or the DPA depending which route you are going.

You need to decide first, so you get the correct expert (which is not me!)
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    How long have you worked for the company? is it short enough to pretend it never happened when it comes to your CV or do you think they'll happily write you a glowing reference after you report them for everything and anything....

if they're offering you redundancy and a cash settlement, just take it and run. Being bitter and playing games will only bite you in the arse.
  • hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Options
    I agree, corporate life is unfair, you just need to look after yourself now
  • hostileworkplace
    hostileworkplace Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 6 December 2011 at 9:04PM
    Options
    Thank you all for your help and support. I have noted your comments and some of the information provided in earlier post has been very helpful. This is NOT the full story, its part of the story. :-)

scheming_gypsy - you have touched something very important, and I am not the one who has played the game here. I am a family man, and have no time for all this, and they exploited this. Yet at the same time, I do not think I should let bullies and cowboys just go away with it. The list is endless and all documented. I am glad that they will be making me redundant as I don't want to be there for the sake of my health!

The new manager has been scheming for 2.5 years, showed exclusion, intimidation, etc, and all can be proven! He even threatened me saying that 'criticizing me will not help...' In fact, he promoted and keeping people whom he described as ‘numpties’ as they pose no threat to him. Even the HR who is helping him so much was also described by him as ‘numpties’ – I have told them, they not interested - its recorded. A good site describe the manager if you want to read about it h**p://***.bullyonline.org/workbully/serial.htm

They brought a dubious disciplinary against me before the so-called redundancy and they all know it was silly to say the least. During this time, I have embarrassed them all as they were in contradiction that lasted for 3.5 months, lol. For example, the WITNESS (who is on their side, can be easily dominated) described in his word the behaviour of illegal downloader who was promoted to be Team Leader as INTIMIDATING towards me. They disregarded this completely even though they said they will take actions initially. Long story. But that’s not the end. The ex-HR adviser denied this on the meeting I had with one of the director even though she is the one who wrote the notes!

They showed their true colour. During this time, I have brought few issues about the company. Instead of dealing with it, they pursued further victimization campaign. On my HR file, they removed the key witness statement mentioned above! In fact, it portrays me in a bad light (or may be threat to shut me up as I told them I may go the media).

Now, they claim that they are making my position redundant and want to help. Yet all the indication has been antagonism, no cooperation, rush, etc. As soon as I send an email asking questions, they all go for a meeting and then send me a response. They will only give me a standard reference. So they leave me with no choice but to give them a good fight as it is NOT 'short enough to pretend it never happened when it comes to your CV' as I have been there for 5.5 years.

Anyway, thank you all for all your help. My biggest problem is to bring everything together in a redundancy context but will start with an appeal within two weeks.
  • hostileworkplace
    edited 6 December 2011 at 11:50PM
    Options
    hcb42 wrote: »
    I agree, corporate life is unfair, you just need to look after yourself now

hcb42, yap, I agree for many reason including serious threat to my health. This is not your standard company although we used to have a good team despite our differences and motives (some just wanted to work and go home, while others just being selfish).

Anyway, came a new manager and everything changed…completely destroyed the team. Those that questioned him have been or will be made redundant (me and colleague of mine).

The sooner I am out of this place the better for me. I have been contemplating resigning for months. My FINAL consultation meeting tomorrow, and I pray they make me redundant. But they may not as they know I may expose them if I wish to do so.
  • hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Options
    getting out will feel good - you need to negotiate for that option, and forget the other stuff, no matter how much you disagree with them.

Good luck.
  • WhiteHorse
    WhiteHorse Posts: 2,492 Forumite
    Options
    My FINAL consultation meeting tomorrow, and I pray they make me redundant. But they may not as they know I may expose them if I wish to do so.
    This is the way to play it.

You want out, and they want you out. Outside the room, speak to a senior manager and cut a deal - they make you redundant and pay you off, and you don't blow the whistle on them.

This is exactly how I got out of one job.
    "Never underestimate the mindless force of a government bureaucracy
    seeking to expand its power, dominion and budget"
    Jay Stanley, American Civil Liberties Union.
  • hostileworkplace
    edited 9 December 2011 at 11:34AM
    Options
    They made me redundant this morning.

I didnt say much and came home. I sent an email to tell them to extend appeal time as it is only 5 days. There are NO company procedures on this as they have removed it from the intranet.

They will not give me a reference.
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Strip out all the things you are angry about.

On what grounds are you appealing redundancy? Proper legal grounds?
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure