Data Protection, Storing rival company data, Illegal Downloads, Email Access, Fraud..

Options

Comments

• Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I now think I know what is going on.

OP's position has been made redundant.

Op is bitter at the company.

OP believes the CA was not enough.

OP wishes to BLACKMAIL the company with threats of going to press etc - and going to press, reporting etc is the right thing to do - but is prepared to be silenced for cash.

OP, you need a BLACKMAILING forum. What you are asking for help with is hush money. That's not actually legal.
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • hostileworkplace
    hostileworkplace Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 11 December 2011 at 7:24PM
    Options
    Emmzi wrote: »
    I now think I know what is going on.

OP's position has been made redundant.

Op is bitter at the company.

OP believes the CA was not enough.

OP wishes to BLACKMAIL the company with threats of going to press etc - and going to press, reporting etc is the right thing to do - but is prepared to be silenced for cash.

OP, you need a BLACKMAILING forum. What you are asking for help with is hush money. That's not actually legal.

OP is just getting advise best way to deal with several issues here, which you don't seem to understand as you are too bureaucratic (interested in process itself, not interested the motive or understand the history to this). YOU SEEM TO BE SO JUDGEMENTAL. Let's give an extreme example:

If someone shoots someone, your are interested in establishing whether it was efficient enough? My issue is why shoot this person in the first place? Motivation? Any History to this? Why shoot ONLY this person? You are not interested in these, just whether he used the most efficient method (i.e. if a knife, was it sharp or blunt )? Having said this, I have taken your views onboard and thank you.

The only people who was Blackmailing is the company. I have given them every opportunity to deal with issues and they failed to address them or made my life hell - they took 3/4 months to give me a verbal warning. I told their Legal Director 6 months ago (on email) before this that I will deal with their decision once I am out as they did not accept my request to get an independent person hear my appeal. I have been made redundant before and had no issues as the company was decent.....

I am a realist, not an unemployed martyr to use YOUR word . I am willing to settle on this as I feel they have discriminated me on two grounds. And they NEVER GAVE ME AN OPTION TO APPLY. In my opinion, they they did NOT follow process as well.

IF THEY ACKNOWLEDGE and say sorry for what they did, then I am willing also to settle on other issues which you fail to understand.

Now If I sign a CA on the above, how can they silence me? I have a public duty that no one can silence!
  • hostileworkplace
    edited 11 December 2011 at 7:14PM
    Options
    Thank you hcb42, patman99, TonyMMM, WhiteHorse, snowcat53, scheming_gypsy - thank you for understanding my issue despite me ranting and not giving enough information, and your realistic advise on this. I have taken everything onboard. :-)

And also a thank you to Emmzi for her legalistic view on redundancy process itself, which for her information was NOT fair, as the only person who was effectively on the selection is ME, not the position. Emmzi should also understand that everyone's redundancy is different. While in another company, this process is more than fair, not this company, as it is just a pretence, which I can prove easily. In fact, if the company used the argument that it was making MY POSITION redundant, it would have been easier. But that is the mistake they made trying to be too clever, as they know I would have used my previous issues with them. But I caught them good when I asked for the current JD which she said they will give me, and then said they don't have it. There are too many issues to list....
  • snowcat53
    Options
    Sorry OP but you have lost me now. You are continuing to rant and you refuse to focus on the practicaliities of what your complaint is in law, and what you can do about it. You cannot dismiss the 'legalistic processes'. If you have no firm legal basis for complaint you have no case, and that's all that matters. Full stop.
  • hostileworkplace
    edited 12 December 2011 at 12:25AM
    Options
    Guys, you guys are correct. I am being completely irrational as I was in denial.

- I have accepted the main reason now going through all events that occurred to me during 5.5 years especially when the new manager joined. So I shall appeal on this ground as well as others.

- Decision to seek professional advice, which I was hoping to avoid as I have never pursued this sort of things.

I am sorry if I have annoyed you in any way.

Thank you all for your help, without you guys, I would have just complained about my feelings.

Thanks
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OP is just getting advise best way to deal with several issues here, which you don't seem to understand as you are too bureaucratic (interested in process itself, not interested the motive or understand the history to this). YOU SEEM TO BE SO JUDGEMENTAL.

Um, like an employment tribunal would be maybe? I have worked in HR for many years. If I can't understand your case, they can't understand your case. If I think you are after hush money, they'll think you are after hush money.

Appealling redundancy is ALL ABOUT WHETHER THE PROCESS IS FAIR. That is the ONLY thing it is about It doesn't matter if you believe it should be about your emotions, because it isn't.

If you can't explain the issues in
    a) simple terms
    b) that people can understand easily
    c) that show a simple, clear reason why you have a case to appeal redundancy, claim unfair dismissal, etc
    d) stating what you actual preferred outcome is

then you will continue to sound like someone who irrespective of anything else is after a quick buck.
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • hostileworkplace
    edited 12 December 2011 at 11:40AM
    Options
    Thanks Emmzi, point taken. Your help and others has been much appreciated. Behind the scene, it has helped me to get rid of so many things, advised by you guys, and have produced followings with references to facts (notes, etc). Of course, I have few days to make it more clear:

a) simple terms
    b) that people can understand easily
    c) that show a simple, clear reason why you have a case to appeal redundancy, claim unfair dismissal, etc

'But d) stating what you actual preferred outcome is something' I am not sure and will leave this open for discussion on meetings. I simply cannot go back unless company deals with (C), which it knew as I have raised them in my grievance and it did not address them by ignoring or defending them, and made a toxic environment to work in. If they are willing to change, then I am sure I will go back.
  • WhiteHorse
    WhiteHorse Posts: 2,492 Forumite
    Options
    Emmzi wrote: »
    d) stating what your actual preferred outcome is.
    Beware of this one. This is a trick to psych you out.
    "Never underestimate the mindless force of a government bureaucracy
    seeking to expand its power, dominion and budget"
    Jay Stanley, American Civil Liberties Union.
  • hostileworkplace
    Options
    WhiteHorse wrote: »
    Beware of this one. This is a trick to psych you out.

Thanks, I have taken Emmzi advice, and I said I wanted my job to be reinstated, last line :-)

Sent my appeal via email today which they confimed. They wanted evidence so I asked them let me know exacty what want. However, did send 2/3 which they ignored during the disciplinary....

At least, I am ready to get professional help as I have managed to organized my data now.

Thanks again, you guys really helped me to concentrate on important stuff.
  • SarEl
    SarEl Posts: 5,683 Forumite
    Options
    At the risk of being embroiled in a thread I have been merrily staying out of - were you made redundant or disciplined and sacked? because it's only one of the things that isn't darned clear here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure