Options

Comments

• pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,243 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Paul Lewis, you say?

Will Google him...
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,814 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • pimento
    Options
    OK, have just sent Money Box an email. Will keep you all posted.

:)
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • Valli
    edited 11 December 2011 at 9:24PM
    Options
    I'm excited now - I listen every week! I was absolutely thrilled the week a financial adviser I know was asked for a comment on a story, and I heard it!
    I'll be beside myself if this gets on.

(Obviously I lead a full and exciting life;))

In truth though my insurance docs this year (and last, same company because I couldn't get a better quote) have been stored on line. So I would be in exactly the same position were I to select another provider next year, if they wouldn't accept my printing out of my own (FULL) NCD proof.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
  • pimento
    Options
    I assume they will let me know if they run the story?
  • Valli
    edited 11 December 2011 at 9:35PM
    Options
    I would expect (though I'm guessing) they will contact you for more details if they are interested, and possibly even interview you. They usually have the disgruntled member of the public (that'll be you) and some bod from the unco-operative company (that'll be your new insurance provider) and in this case possibly Tesco, who seem unable to generate hard copy of your NCD proof. TBH this seems to be just the sort of story they DO like and, as I said, it's going to impact on lots of people and when you look at the insurance market this is a big-money story.
    The issue of PDFs (which can be edited, with the right software) is I think, quite a big one. Many drivers routinely DO change insurance providers year on year. This needs sorting for us all.
    If they do take it up it will be sorted far more quickly than it would were you to go to the insurance ombudsman.

Keep an eye on the program page for upcoming content and you can save the programme (and your own contribution, of course) because they do a podcast.

And Paul Lewis has a lovely voice *swoon*.

Just thought - same surname as our own expert! (Twins?)

Thank you Honey Bear
  • pimento
    Options
    I could be a pioneer! Ooh errr!
  • pimento
    Options
    A brief update. The letter from Tesco confirming my no claims bonus arrived today. I will be sending it by Special Delivery to Direct Line tomorrow (letter at home, I'm at work).

What a bl00dy palavar!
  • JohnP2
    JohnP2 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    scarjo_popcorn.gif
  • pimento
    Options
    I finally got the letter from Tesco and sent it by Special Delivery (£5.45) on December 15th.

I came home on the 23rd to a letter from Direct Line telling me they hadn't received the proof that must have crossed in the post. When I called them, they confirmed that they had received it but were unable to confirm it to me in writing.

I never heard back from the BBC.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure