PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Tuesday 29th November

Options
12346»

Comments

• flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Evening all

I've actually had a good day, very busy in work, new group of kids started and I'm in charge of a new project which has kept me busy. Haven't given the idiot a thought all day. The boys in work were overly nice to me this morning, probably due to the fact that my eyes were red and puffy! rofl But I haven't wasted any tears on him today, and won't.

My old schoolfriend now colleague came over for a cuppa after work, she is also having man issues so we had a little moan over a tea. Then I made tea and am now chilling out on sofa watching Holby :)

Hope you all had good days, night all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    My only problem is i was going to go to scotland as it will be my grans first alone or my gdads last one here.... and either way it's going to be a difficult one. OH and pup where going to go to his parents and we'd do our own thing when i was back. But now, i don't think it's fair to OH that he should spend the holiday alone and I refuse to leave pup on his own for that amount of time.

OH can't come to scotland because of work and my gran is scared dogs so pup can't come with me, we can't leave him with anyone as if we were going to it would have been OH's family, but thats ruled out forever now!

ARGH.
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    My friend did, and is fit and well now:D

Candy, I'm determind to do cartwheels soon, I'm trying to be so possitive. Bless yah. x :A
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,770 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bramble1 wrote: »
    My only problem is i was going to go to scotland as it will be my grans first alone or my gdads last one here.... and either way it's going to be a difficult one. OH and pup where going to go to his parents and we'd do our own thing when i was back. But now, i don't think it's fair to OH that he should spend the holiday alone and I refuse to leave pup on his own for that amount of time.

OH can't come to scotland because of work and my gran is scared dogs so pup can't come with me, we can't leave him with anyone as if we were going to it would have been OH's family, but thats ruled out forever now!

ARGH.

Could you find a pet minder rather than kennels....like LameWolf does?
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    Could you find a pet minder rather than kennels....like LameWolf does?

He's got separation anxiety and doesn't really do well on nights away from us, unless my sister looks after him but she'll be in scotland too.

Plus OH is so over protective, he didnt like a single dog walker we interviewed....

But it's an idea, thanks x
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    redruby wrote: »
    Beth, meant to say to you, my mum had a kidney removed 8 years ago due to 'C' she is all clear now, and still going strong, :j it must be so worrying for you, big hugs xx

and my friend also had this done and is now fighting fit! so think positively Beth x x x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • jools27_2
    jools27_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Beth, my friends dad had this done a few years ago and nobody can keep up with him on the dancefloor to this day!
    Made a big pot of stovies for dinner, all scoffed , and a pot of lentil soup is simmering away on the hob. Have had a phone call asking me to work tomorrow, but have already made arrangements to see to great aunt as the home help service cant tell us what she will get and she needs fed and her medication 4 times in the day. Goodness knows who is looking after the patients, hopefully the union has prompted some people to work to provide cover, this is a nightmare.....and OH has an unpaid day off cos all their jobs are in council premises and he has no holidays left!
    RIP Iain
    13/11/63-22/12/12
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gosh Beth: you simply can't be downhearted when you read all these terrific posts. I know you must be apprehensive but from what I read things could be much, much worse - not that it makes much difference when it's you that is going through it. Chin up!

flutterby & LW: many thanks for your wise advice. I'm such an ignoramus over all things technical. I'm OK as long as everything happens as it should, but let something go wrong and I'm all tears and handwringing. I feel much better now I have a plan B.

Night all.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening all,

Bramble I agree completely with Beth,
    Beth I also have a friend who had a kydney removed and is now back to full health, Positive Vibes
    FB glad you had a good day.

Just spent a mad hour visiting my DGS before bed. We did two jigsaw puzzles and sang Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer several times, once while he showed me how good he is at using the potty. LOL :rotfl:he is such a little cutie, I am so looking forward to spending Christmas day with him, managed to forget all about our money worries for a couple of hrs.

DS had a lovely day, the chocolate tart was delish, he has had lots of lovely pressies including a fab photography book from his sister.

Going to bed and counting my blessings for my lovely family:D
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills