PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Tuesday 29th November

Hardup_Hester
Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
edited 29 November 2011 at 5:25PM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Tuesday 29th November. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Morning all
Molly I hope you aren't missing DD & DH too much.
I thought I'd wake up at 2 for a good long worry, lol.
I've unloaded the DW & hung some washing over the radiators.
The starter motor for my car is £104 ex vat for the part, hopefully it should be repaired tomorrow, thankfully I have the cash to pay for it.
Tea tonight is cottage pie, it's all ready to be heated through tonight after work.
Have a good day everyone.
Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.

Comments

• Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 29 November 2011 at 6:12AM
    Good Morning Hester and All Who Follow x

Now Hester shall we set up an Insomniacs Club? Hope you managed to get back to sleep and that whatever is worrying you (Hubby's job situation?) starts to resolve xx

I am missing Kids Dad and DD and counted down their 8 hour flight. They actually had a really good flight and have a hotel upgrade on the 16th floor of Time Square:T:T:T They went up the Empire State Building at dusk and have sent me the photos and it is truly breath-taking. They also went to Macy's and DD bought some shoes (She has been wearing ones with holes in (like you Hester)) as she wanted to get them from the US.

Im awake because DD texted me as she is having a bit of a panic attack but is calming down down. I think the flight and all the new sights and sounds are a bit overwhelming. Im enjoying having my bed to myself - well sharing with the doggies. Molly was snoring her head off on his pillow - so that will have to be nipped in the bud:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Anyway snoozzy now so will catch up later x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Morning.

Cold and wet down our way, so not quite sure how to spend my day off.
    I am playing with my new desktop that was custom built and it is fantastic, not sure about the new widescreens yet though.

Trying to find cheap lights to put up outside the house, but looks like e-bay only and I don't want to wait..

big chicken soup for supper, leftovers from the rotiserie chicken from Asda.

Have a good day
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • Morning early birds I too was awake at silly o'clock.Damp day so joints are playing silly beggers a bit.School run as per usual then home to do some housework .Not much else happinging today at chez JackieO place.When its damp I usually stay in the warm as much as possible or my joints feel like they need oiling and creak like an old gate :):) Even my computer was playing up this morning and it took me a few goes before I could get on.Like me, its getting old and in need of refurbishment
    Hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing
    take care I'm off for some coffee to unlock my joints
    Cheers JackieO xx
  • Moorhen
    Moorhen Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Morning everyone,

Hugs to JackieG, Bramble, Lou and Beth and anyone else that I may have left out.

Hester, thinking of you.

DD2 had the netball awards for last season yesterday and she came home with a trophy for most improved player! I am so proud of her, she has worked really hard for that.

Tonight I have to take DD1 to school for her options evening so she can make her decisions for next year (she is in year 9) so that means that both of us will miss our ballet classes. DS also has rugby practice so we will all be busy.

Tea tonight is macaroni peas (a Hugh F-W recipe).

FW how did DD get on at her new school?

Have a lovely day everyone.:)
  • Hi all
    Molly, I have resolved the shoe situation, I tried the shoo goo, unfortunately it didn't work, but I wore the shoes anyway yesterday as the weather was dry, as I arrived home & walked across my drive & trod in a huge pile of cat poo, because of the split in my shoe the poo got right in & thoroughly embedded so I threw the shoes away, lol.
    I think I was awake more through rage than worry, I found out yesterday that the ex has gone on his happy hols to the Carribean, as he doesn't like the cold here! Ahh, diddums, he was cold what a shame!
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    OOooohhh Hester - isn't it hurricane season over there? Sure there must be a plus side to his holiday like this!!!!!

Morning all, Spent the night with DS2 in my bed as he's coughing like a 90 yr old smoker. No school again there - Strike day tomorrow so thats another day, but I think he'll be off all week. House now on the market - up on internet, so all we need now is a buyer!!!!! If only it were that simple! Dinner last night was a lovely pie, but tonight I've a PTA meeting, so will be a quick dinner - probably pasta. Hubbys christmas do on Saturday - so have to hope my fancy dress arrives from ebay in time - its prohibition - so thought I'd go as a gangster - white suit and heels!! have to get ds1 ready for school.

hugs to those in need xxxxxxxx
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    morning all!

blowing a gale here, i don't find any odd articles in the gutter, i dread to think, Jen was laughing / mortified when i told her about the last time i had to catching in the yard. Never again will i look at a flat cap in the same way again.

Today's plan, staying in i think, need to stock up on snacks for the boys to take with them to school. Also have to do a stock take and see what we can actually NEED rather than WANT.

May take a wander over to the market and see about getting a sack of spuds as were about to run out. that will hopefully last us till January. You can tell what were having for xmas dinner!

Well better shoot and make brekkie for the lads.

Have a good day all x
  • esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Caught up on yesterdays....

Bramble & beth - hugs to you both, we're all here if you need us.

Flutterby - IF you have to say anything, why not say that you had a rethink and actually you just weren't THAT into him. If people look at you disbelievingly, you could hint that there were issues that you just weren't prepared to compromise over.

Lady who is pregnant and who has just put on WEIGHT - sorry forgot your name, in the seconds it took me to break up yet another argument between DSs here. I know you'd never forgive yourself if there was something wrong with ROO and it was because of your low blood pressure symptoms. Forget your doctors feelings - I'm sure (doctors wife here) that they would rather you and roo had the best of health than were worried about how you thought of them. xxxxx
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • Morning!

I had a really good day yesterday, I felt so much better and with Roo being active it was nice to sit back and relax to some extent :D

Adalight I love your suggestion of the NHS Walk-in Clinic :)

Today I have the afternoon school run... and I am going to pop to ASDA across the road for two bits in about 40 minutes (it's a new store, opened last week and it's manic all the time... so I am going to try and avoid people by going first thing! It's such a tiny store as we live in a village... used to be Netto). I just hope that I can do it, as I hate coming over poorly in a store and having to sit on the floor of the aisle!

Tomorrow DS school is on strike action! DS is actually upset about it... apparently he misses PE and Drum Club!

Hope everyone is well, have a great day x
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • jc2703
    jc2703 Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Morning all

N9eav - good to 'see' you again

flutterby - a song for you this morning http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnuInke7TZA&feature=related - and just remember - never 'settle' for anything less than what is perfect for you!

A little positive news on XH - they have managed to stabilize him - still in IC but stable at least.

Back to work for me today, DD will be staying off with Daddy as she is full of cold!

Molly - Sounds like they are having a great time - so sorry you weren't up to going x

Have a good day x
    Climbing back on the OS wagon after a short vacation to Recklessness
    Quit Smoking 08/06/09
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills