• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As the above post.
  • tlc11_2
    tlc11_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    hiya i've just called lloyds tsb customer services and they will post out my last 6 years statements within 40 days.... just seems a lot easier than the letter thing, i also took the advisors full name for future ref!
  • Go0dSoUl
    Options
    i currently hold 2 card's with lloydstsb and at a guess i reckon they have charged me way over 500 pound's over the the last 5 year's in late payment/non payment fine's.the problem is i dont keep statement's so today i decided to give them a call and request the last 5 year's on both cards so i could get an exact figure.i was told over the phone that i would be charged £6 for every monthly statement they send me!!!the girl on the phone told me that was the standard charge and if i had a problem with the price then i should write to the complaint's department.
    anybody ever heard anything like this before?

thanks
  • Go0dSoUl
    Options
    any suggestions anyone?
  • Edinburghlass_2
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes this would be the price if what you asked for were copy statements all banks can and do charge for copy statements.

Use the template letter in Martin's article and ask for the information under the Data Protection Act.

As above, send the letter with a cheque for £10 asking for the information on you, giving both cards details.
  • lawtz04
    lawtz04 Posts: 585 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

I have asked my old bank to send me my credit card statements from the last few year (i no longer use this card and have closed the account).

They did duly. But today i recieved a credit card statement (!!!!) saying I owed £37.50 with a min payment of £5 by the 10th April.

WHAT?? I thought the max charge was £10. Can anyone advise? Should I write or phone then?!
    I've just started entering the competitions (July 07). When I win I'll update this signature. Look on the bright side, I shouldn't have to update it very often.
  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lawtz04 wrote: »
    I have asked my old bank to send me my credit card statements from the last few year (i no longer use this card and have closed the account).

They did duly. But today i recieved a credit card statement (!!!!) saying I owed £37.50 with a min payment of £5 by the 10th April.

WHAT?? I thought the max charge was £10. Can anyone advise? Should I write or phone then?!

Are you sure this was for the statements? How did you ask for a list of your charges? Was it a Subject Access Request?
  • Cat72
    Cat72 Posts: 2,398 Forumite
    Options
    I contacted my credit card company to get 5 years of statements in order to claim back charges- never told them why. They said their is a charge of £3 per statement meaning I would have to pay a total of £180 to get MY statements.
    Is there some legal requirement that they can definately only charge a certain amountso that I can quote to them. Its totally ridiculous- its the royal bank of scotland. I know that there is a £10 charge for bank statements but dont know my rights with regards to credit cards ?
  • Edinburghlass_2
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes this would be the price if what you asked for were copy statements all bank can and do charge for copy statements.

Use the template letter in Martin's article and ask for the information under the Data Protection Act.

As above for credit card companies too :)
  • HFS_2
    Options
    Can anyone help, i am currently in process of trying to reclaim charges from HSBC who charged me nothing for 6 years statement. I have just spoke to Barclaycard who say that they will charge £3 for each duplicate statement... so thats over £200 for 6years of statements !!!! Is this right? has anyone else had any luck with Barclaycard ?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport