My Mortgage Free Dream - Boogie-ing through the 70's

Options

Comments

• macgirl
    macgirl Posts: 5,091 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning Yukki, well done on the ebay sales - that's good for Jan. I've been holding off thinking no one has any money, but perhaps I'll list a few bits now I know it's free listing. Thanks :beer:
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As it's the end of the month almost I've been updating my spreadsheet. The savings have been added to quite a bit this month with some various sources of no council tax for feb and we've had a reimbursement for something so that went into savings too.

We've managed to reduce the total we owe the world in Jan by £844 and I'm really pleased about this. The capital on the mortgage reduces by around £220 each month so to save the remainder is great for us.

The house is a pig sty today and I really need to get some decluttering done at the same time as tidying up.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done with ebay and that's a great January reduction. Glad you're getting on ok with sp, it really is worth it. I've redeemed twice this month.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • yukkibear
    Options
    Wow twice. I've got 3 friends but only one is active so I need to up my referrals a bit to make it worth while I think.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not all mine are either but if you can recruit 5 regardless of how active they are you should jump up to 100 daily spins which helps a lot.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • yukkibear
    Options
    Two of my five ebay listings sold and also sold something on Amazon at the weekend. Pareclled up ready to go tomorrow which should get me around £30 but this is all going towards a new washing machine.

Have a few more bits ready to list on Ebay.
  • yukkibear
    Options
    Was looking through the spreadsheet this morning and saw that I only needed a £30 OP to see off July 2031, so off £30 went this morning.

I need £225 to see off June 2031 now. (as well as saving for the washing machine)
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yaay to seeing off July 2031!! :T

Good luck with getting rid of June 2031 & saving up for the washing machine ~ you seem to be doing really well with making extra ££s doing surveys, selling stuff etc., well done :D
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
  • yukkibear
    Options
    Another new week, where does the time go? Have some positives to add to my journey today

- £5 trandsferred to OP pot from bank acc
    - £2.50 won on DY which helps towards a voucher
    - took lunch to work
    - haven't spent any money nor do I plan to today

I was having a play around with RM and calculators last night and it seems we have two options for moving to a bigger house

- do it next year and struggle (poss) with the payments as they would be higher and mortgage would be around £122k which isn't something I would relish
    - or buy in 10 years if we manage to me mortgage free by then and then would need approx £50k mortgage to upgrade and pay £300 ish over 15 years.

Still well within the time frame before retiring etc. Just not sure. Def can't sell this year as we have too much to do and I am loathe to sell when market and climate is so dodgy. Who knows if anyone will have a job in six months time etc.
  • yukkibear
    edited 12 February 2012 at 7:23PM
    Options
    Bit of a spendy say today. Used some vouchers to buy myself some more jeans, exercise trousers, a new watch and some perfume.

Didn't use vouchers and bought a washing machine :eek:. Still the OP planned for the month has just been re-invested in the house instead.

forgot to add £5 amazon redeemed from SB this morning :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport