My Mortgage Free Dream - Boogie-ing through the 70's

15678911»

Comments

• yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So this weeks efforts haven't been great but I know I need to keep posting here to keep me on the straight and narrow. I've managed one ebay bid and a £3.50 survey so far.
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    At least you are attempting to move in the right direction. When I started on these boards I was going backwards! Times are tough so any move in the right direction is good. Good luck with your first £45.
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • yukkibear
    £45 x 12 achieved today but in the wrong direction - doh. Went on a house repair rather than the mortgage. Still we'll keep plodding.

May have an extra day of work in the next couple of weeks. I don't want it but am trying to think of the pennies
  • yukkibear
    Two ebay sales today, only small but will add up. I will try to get more on later as it's flw.

Should have £29 to come this week which I'll chuck straight at the mortgage so it's out of the way.
  • yukkibear
    A couple more bits listed on Ebay this morning which will hopefully add up in the right direction. I'm leaving money in pp until there is enough to withdraw and pay off. Still waiting on my £29, hopefully tomorrow.

House repairs paid for which takes us back to the start line but at least it's not a negative. Will just have to start working a little harder I think. I've done extra hours at work last week so should see that at the end of August hopefully.
  • yukkibear
    I've managed to put in 30 extra hours at work which will be paid at the end of the month and also received £28.99 from a payment due to me which has been paid off.
  • yukkibear
    A few more ebay sales and I randomly sold an Amazon sale for the first time in months. It's only £6 ish but still better than nothing and a little more clutter gone from the house.

I'm on target to get some extra hours in this month at work which I'll get at the end of Sept.

OH received some amazon vouchers from work for length of service so that's going towards xmas which will take a lot of pressure off.
  • Hi,

Same here, nothing shifting on Amazon or Green Metropolis but out of the blue someone fancied a book! It's strange how these sales are in fits and starts. I'm not sure if it's true but I think it's worth keeping them listed though as eventually your seller name gets to the top of the list!
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
  • yukkibear
    I've parcelled up 4 ebay sales today. Paypal balance is going up slowly, but am not withdrawing just yet.

I've just requested a £10 argos voucher and received £20 amazon voucher this week. Both of which will go towards xmas.

My focus for September will be FOOD! We are spending far too much on it and not getting a lot for it! Really need to meal plan better and stay within budget. It's not like we always have loads of nice things in either. So I think I'm going to have a look at the grocery challenge over on old style tonight and get some tips, and some inspiration for meals, lunches etc that keeps me inspired.
  • yukkibear
    Life has a habit of biting you on the bum when you least expect it doesn't it! A lot of sadness surrounding our family in the last few weeks, but it has made me more determined to crack this mortgage and be able to live life before it's too late.

Yesterday I weighed myself and I have been sitting around 10st 6lb for the last six months. I am much more comfortable at 9st 7lb so have been aiming to get back there. Finally yesterday the scales showed 10st 1lb which has shown me determination that I can get the scales to start with a 9 again if I am good.

With that said my two missions for September are

- The scales to show 9 at the beginning
    - Send an OP of £252 to show a balance starting with £74k

I have £40 in PP and £30 from a cheque I had to deposit into an old bank account which gives me a good start.

We have also just entered the 3 month period before our fixed rate is up. I have been pondering an offset mortgage but don't really know a lot about them so I have to research. The rates available to us on another fix see roughly what we fixed at 2 years ago unless that changes in the next few months.

Off to ponder
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport