Appen Butler-Hill

Options

Comments

• sillymeme
    Options
    stueybuk wrote: »
    I've been offered a job today. Not sure if I can manage 4 hours a day Mon-Fri though. Was hoping I could do some of it at weekends.
    I work on a project described as 4hr per day (M-F), but do do work at weekend. Project im on is far more flexible than first one i applied to, so might be worth checking if theres flexibility in the hours (mine has a daily range, and weekend can be used to get total hours in). If youre still undecided and want to PM me the project I can tell you if its either of the two i know anything about!
    katrina72 wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondered if anyone else is still working with Appen in the GB market at the moment and if maybe your in the same project as me?

Might be best to PM due to the NDA.

Thanks

I work in GB.......though its now several weeks after you asked so probably too late to help!
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]Just to let everyone know that Appen are currently recruiting for a one-off phone conversation task paying £45. You must be from England and have both a mobile and landline phone, and the task will take approx 2-3 hours of your time.

I had to post my main thread here due to the fact I'm acting as a referrer, so that's where you can see the full details. :)
    [/FONT]
  • leviatan_velvet
    Options
    Any insights about what is the social media evaluator position? Is it worth it?
  • wesleyad
    Options
    I've never done the social media project but have done 3 projects in the past and am currently 3 years into my 4th, and if anything like these then yes, it's definitely worth it if you have the time and if you manage to pass the screening. For most projects they pay in dollars so the Brexit has made a huge difference to an already good wage. I think they also have spots open for standard web search evaluation.
  • leviatan_velvet
    Options
    Thanks for your reply!:beer: The issue is that I´ve been working for 2 years as a standard web search evaluator for another company, so I think I´m unable to do this kind of project with Appen or one of the others. That´s the reason I´m looking for other positions:j
  • Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,150 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wondering if someone can give me a bit of advice.

I applied and got accepted to append crown sourcing project.

I got an email saying I'd receive my log in details within 7 days. But I never. So when I received the email telling me how to start I replied that I'd not got my log in details (have checked spam folder).

I've received a reply telling me to 'please log in to Appen global within the next 24 hours' and telling me how to clear my internet cache.

I've replied saying I can't log in as I have no log in details but it took them 4 days to send the above reply and now I'm concerned if I don't log in in the stated 24 hours I may not be allowed to carry on with the project.

Anyone had this?
    Sigless
  • zugzwang
    Options
    These things appen. Maybe the login comes in the post?

Id phone them up. Number at bottom of page.

http://appen.com/uk/
  • Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,150 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    zugzwang wrote: »
    These things appen. Maybe the login comes in the post?

Id phone them up. Number at bottom of page.

http://appen.com/uk/

Didn't spot their phone number, will give them a call now. Thanks.
    Sigless
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone been asked to take part in a task over the past few days? When I log into the given URL, I am not seeing anything there. And as usual, they are not responding to emails.. :mad:
  • lytton
    lytton Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I've scouted around the board and found a few mentions to Appen, particularly in the Appen Butler hill thread although that appears to have gone very quiet. I'm new to posting here (but am a veteran when it comes to stopping by out of curiosity) and I've heard Appen mentioned elsewhere so I've given it a shot. I signed up for one of the social media evaluation posts and have been told that from tomorrow I'll start a week long qualification period to make sure I cut the mustard. I was wondering if anyone had any experience in this particular field and was able to give me any general advice. I appreciate that my query is pretty vague and I don't expect people to waste hours typing an in-depth review for a noobie, but I guess what I was hoping for was any pointers as to the 'toughness' of the qualification period and whether there are any curve balls that I should be aware of. For reference, the project I'm about to do the qualification period for is the Falcon ads deal. They've estimated that I'll have to do 5 hours of study followed by a test. I'm also wondering whether the 5 hours is about right, or whether it's an over/under-estimate. Like I say, any useful tips or even just encouragement would be hugely appreciated as I'm really keen to earn some pocket money whilst I do the full-time stay at home dad thing (being out of work after 10 years of solid employment definitely takes some getting used to). If there's any rules that could be breached with regards to information I'm happy to receive PMs if it's not to be discussed in public forums (I promise i'm not trying to cheat, merely get an idea of whether Appen is a genuinely viable source of part-time income). Thanks in advance guys.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback