PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Daily Thread Monday 14th November

Options
123457»

Comments

• Loulou2010
    Loulou2010 Posts: 13,245 Forumite
    Options
    stop being nice :o
    "I have learnt that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one"
    "You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”
    Maya Angelou
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all,

Its been a lovely day here weatherwise, very mild and pleasant, bit frosty tonight I think but I am not going out and there is nothing in the garden that will spoil...

Knitting club this morning and have been more or less knitting ever since, one load of washing and a left overs dinner sorted but that's it...."must try harder, must try harder, must try harder..."

Hugs to all who are having trouble of any kind....congratulations Lou on the blog and the determination....we are all here for you .

JackieO...happy birthday to DGS.

Trying to sort myself out sleepwise....for the past 5 years I have been able to sleep for Ireland....would like to get into a better routine as I like to do things in the morning so need to get up earlier, not wanting to be up at dawn, but a reasonable time, so wish me luck on that one!

Sleep well all and stay safe...

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • jools27_2
    jools27_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Evening all!
    Horribly busy 3 days at work are over, 2 days off now :j
    LOU- I have read your blog, and posts for today, all I can say here is keep on going, small steps all add up! Keep setting goals no matter how big they are all a triumph. And please dont think anyones just being nice to you, I think everyone is supporting you from afar on here, and wants to help/support you.....as the ad says, youre WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RIP Iain
    13/11/63-22/12/12
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,
    busy few days again so haven't been around for a bit. Hugs to all that need them x.
    Feeling bit down about the debt this evening. Just been through OH's finances and it feels never-ending, don't see how it will ever be paid off. He says he wants to sort it but I just don't see much actual action, he's not spending as much but I just think he could do so much more if he really put his mind to it.
    I hate owing money, apart from my mortgage and an overdraft at uni (over 10 yrs ago) I've never really owed anything. Now it just seems that there's this massive weight of debt on me and no way of sorting it.
    Sorry, feeling v sorry for myself this evening and I know there's no excuse for that. I'm sure money isn't that important in the grand scheme of things, just need to get some perspective I suppose!

Off to bed now... hoping for a better day tomorrow. Night all xx.
  • Dazi
    Dazi Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya everyone

hope all are ok, if not hugs and xx for you. OS wise have made a huge pot of soup which will do me for lunches for the week. Finished my skirt for burlesque class tonight and that is OS as found the pattern on the internet :T got compliments for it too :T

Lou- am following your blog

Findingmyway - me and my friend who do a craft night together, may be setting up a crochet night in a local pub, we don't know if anyone will come but we hope it will take off, we just enjoy doing crafty things and think crochet would be ok in a pub, no glue and messy stuff :rotfl:we would welcome anyone, we think its just a night out doing something we enjoy.....we are not proud though, when we start we would love anyone who knits, sews etc etc as long as it doesn't have messy stuff, we think the pub person might object to that. ME.....I love all the messy stuff so maybe I could invite the messy peeps to come to mine :rotfl::rotfl:

cyas all soon xx
    whoever said laughter was the best medicine has clearly never tasted wine

Stopped smoking 20:30 28/09/11 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business