PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Daily Thread Monday 14th November

Options

Comments

• bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    JO - Happy 21st Birthday Danny :beer: - Hope he has a great day xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • JulieGeorgiana
    Options
    JG- Take care of yourself. I had horrible Low BP when I was pregnant with DD2. I passed out in Marks and Spencers once and they insisted on calling an ambulance :rotfl:

Didnt get any free stuff though :j

You have to be so careful too... Dr's are warning me about the fact that i am getting vertigo and visual problems from the lack of blood flow, that if I faint I could loose my sight and hearing!! Scary stuff really! Then they worry about me falling while being heavily pregnant and the complications to the baby... I try not to think about it!

I only go to the shop with DH now, because too often I have had to sit in the aisle when getting faint to stop myself going... at 32 weeks i am having trouble getting off the floor again! :cool:
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    morning!

just having a coffee before leaving for work. Have mopped the bathroom floor and will hang the washing out before I go.

FW - I too will be having words with my DS - he does absolutely nothing - at least your DD does put the washing on:D its my own fault I suppose for not being firm enough.

Bargainbird - love the pic in your post:T:)

julieG - take care of yourself x

Uolypool - all the best for a speedy recovery for your Dniece x x

JackieO - Happy Birthday to Danny:beer: you have a lovely family x

NPM - (((hugs))) hope you had a good nights sleep x x x

not sure whats for tea tonight yet - will have a scan of the freezer.
    not a lot else to report.

have a great day all x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Morning,

I had a lovely weekend, really chilled out, just what i needed! OH is dropping me at work today as he needs the car. He's got a digger job to finish, a job to quote for, tractor is out on hire from tomorrow and he's driving a slurry tanker for the remainder of the week! So that's next months bills sorted :)

He wants a magazine subscription for his birthday (Classic Tractor :o) So i've decided he can get me the good food magazine one (When it's got a really good free gift ;) ) so birthdays for this year are sorted!! His is a week friday and mine is two weeks after that.

Got some washing to hang out once the stuff already out is dry, then 3 more loads and i am done!!

Need to clean kitchen and bathroom later.

Dinner is roast chicken and all the trimmings, saving the l/o chicken to make a chicken and mushroom pasta bake which i may make tonight if i'm feeling productive, then it just needs shoved in the oven tomorrow.

Have a lovely day all
    xx
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all - busy weekend of doing nothing! I had one glass of white wine on Friday night and had the hangover from hell all day Saturday - not helped by getting up at 2am. DS2s party on Saturday too - so I was feeling REALLY groggy! Then due to DS1s behaviour last week we've started looking at houses in the Nottingham area. I don't want to leave our home, but we need to be together as I can't cope with him by myself. Have to arrange some viewings for next weekend - narrowed it down to 6!

Have a pile of ironing to do and lots of cleaning and clearing up as normal. Question for you lovely people....... how do you get your families washing dry? I double spin and hang out in the conservatory - bringing it in at night time to be near the heat of the house. It just never dries so I end up using the tumble drier. Any tips would be appreciated as I am having trouble getting school uniform dry!!
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • Moorhen
    Moorhen Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Greetings from the busy monday morning household, why can't children organise things for school the night before?!

Gort to teach an extra revision lesson after school today as some of my pupils have a rest exam tomorrow, at least it gets me out of a boring meeting.

Bramble the rabbit bolognese was lovely and you get loads of portions off one rabbit.

Hugs to all that need them, especially Lou and Uolypools DNiece.

Have a lovely day everyone.:)
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks moorhen, better get OH to get a rabbit when he's on one of the farms this week!
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    edited 14 November 2011 at 8:01PM
    Options
    Morning All

Had a busy day yesterday, DH decided to sort out the loft, he didn't realise just how much was up there :eek: I just sat with DS and sorted out boxes and boxes of stuff. We have got loads to ebay, so that will put some pennies in our pocket for Christmas :D I also got him to get the Christmas bits down, cards, paper etc and I checked what I have so far and only have 3 pressies left to get, I have all the food, sweets and drink too :j

FW my DD is 22 and doesn't do a thing, but DS who is 17 is a real help, even though he starting to get a bit surly, the age I suppose.

Off for a shower now because DH is taking me to Ikea to get some more fleeces.

Have good days all x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone. A busy weekend for us, too, but not all work and chores. Yesterday, we had an invitation for morning coffee, and in the afternoon, another invitation for tea, cakes, and, as the afternoon wore on, wine! I had to say no to a fourth glass because I still had a roast dinner to cook, but how it got cooked and thrown on the plates by a tiddly cook, I'll never know. Still, it was a lovely day, with lots of laughs, the sort of day that does you the world of good.

It's back to the grindstone today, though. I have lots of online work to do, as well as some bread to make, and the usual boring chores. Never mind; it's another lovely day, and the weekend was mild and sunny, too. It gets cold as soon as the sun goes down, which always comes as a shock.

JG - I bet you're having to really take it easy these days, aren't you? Still, it's not too much longer now, is it?

JackieO - sounds like the perfect present!

Well, I'd better get a wiggle on or nothing will get done.

Hope you all have a great day.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • FarmersWife_2
    Options
    Morning all
    Hubby's been dropped at the station with his packup, DW unloaded, fish fed, breakfast eaten etc.
    I'm not sure if I can stay awake long enough to do a days work, it was a very busy weekend, lol, but I best try.
    I got most of my washing dry yesterday so only a few bits over the radiators.Tea tonight is roast lamb, I cooked the joint yesterday but hubby just wanted a sarnie, so I'll use it today instead.
    FW BIL had an accident about 8 months ago & received a serious head injury, he will probably never recover fully.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Oh dear... I am sorry to hear that xx
    JO - Happy 21st Birthday Danny :beer: - Hope he has a great day xx

Happy Birthday Danny :beer:

Cx
    Women who suffer from Domestic Violence are not victims.... They are survivors....

There are many strong women out there... Dont just admire them... BE ONE OF THEM ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport