PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Quick Questions on ANYTHING Old Style 3 (See first post for links to other threads)

Options

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I just found an open box of harvest moon strawberry crunch cereal (from aldi I think) - it's like a museli with dried strawberries- in my cupboard. It's been open a few months so it's gone a bit soft, but still have 3/4's left.

Any ideas of what I can make with it? I was thinking cakey or cereal bar type thing, but open to suggestions.
    Crumble mix, if you have any suitable fruit.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • CupOfChai
    CupOfChai Posts: 1,411 Forumite
    Options
    I'll say the obvious - flapjacks?
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Thanks both

I have blackberries in the freezer so crumble could be an option.

For flapjacks, what would I need to add?
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • CupOfChai
    CupOfChai Posts: 1,411 Forumite
    Options
    Err... porridge oats, unless it's already got a load of oaty things in then it might work on it's own, or maybe use half and half oats and your muesli stuff. Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup together and mix into the dry ingredients to sort of glue them together, then bake.

There's loads of recipes about that are probably much better than my rambling, haha. I just use a basic plain flapjack recipe and then add whatever bits and bobs I fancy, like fresh/dried fruit, choc, spices.
  • sandy2_2
    sandy2_2 Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    Twinks hobnob bix
    Sandy
  • lucylema
    Options
    Hi,

I am preparing for a party and wonder, should I buy a pack of 36 ready to bake ones or buy a box of puff pastry and make my own? Would I get more out of making them myself?
    Lucylema x :j
  • Seakay
    Seakay Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    check the weight on the box of ready made and the weight on the packet of pastry to help decide which is the best value
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They're a bit of a faff to make. Personally I'd go for the ready-mades, that's what professionals usually do.
  • findinghappiness
    Options
    Hi

I am making mincemeat for xmas and my recipe calls for slivered almonds. I have half a pack of whole almonds left over from last year however the best before date is July 2012. Ok to use do you think? They look ok but I havent tasted them as Im trying to avoid that if possible as I dont like them!! (Can't taste them in the recipe) They have been stored in the original bag with the top clipped shut so not totally airtight

Thank you in advance!

You cant find happiness at the bottom of an empty bank account!
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The recipe for The Cheapest Healthiest Meal please.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills