PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Quick Questions on ANYTHING Old Style 3 (See first post for links to other threads)

Options

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Lump of cheese and lettuce leaf ? :D
    I'm bad. I know.
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Beans on toast. Wholemeal bread and value/basic beans.
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    findinghappiness - it's probably too late now (sorry :o) but sadly I think the only way to be sure is to try them - is there someone else who can eat one for you? They should be OK, but nuts can sometimes go rancid and I'd hate you to spoil your mincemeat.

monnagran - have you tried this thread? It's about eating for £7 a week, so should give you lots of ideas.
  • samuela66
    samuela66 Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Peeps,

Well I have bought a yummy gammon on the bone to cook and make a lovely soup, its been such a long time that i cant remember if I scook the ham first to get rid of the saltiness:p, any help much appreciated,

thanks
    sam
    Sam B
  • airgead
    airgead Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    I would probably soak it to be on the safe side. Some of them can be pretty salty, and (especially if you are not a big salt user) can end up making your soup a bit unpalatable.
  • snowleopard61
    Options
    Re making your own yogurt with a flask - would anyone be able to help with the questions I asked on this thread (please scroll to bottom):
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=57084709&highlight=#post57084709

TIA.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble
    Two things stand like stone —
    Kindness in another’s trouble,
    Courage in your own.
    Adam Lindsay Gordon
  • winniepooh
    Options
    I'm looking for hm dishwasher tablets, hm washing machine powder and hm ironing water if possible. Can someone help, I. Have a pile of washing and no washing powder
    I'm trying so hard to be thrifty, but it doesn't come naturally. You lot are an inspiration!
    JUST LOVES THE O/S BOARD
  • Mrs_Veg_Plot
    Options
    Hi winnepooh, the HM washing detergent is called gloop try searching for that. Sorry I don't know how to do links.
    I am playing all of the right notes just not necessarily in the right order :D.
  • armchairexpert
    Options
    Is this the right thread to ask if there's already a thread on this? I feel like there must already be a thread about how many meals you can get from a chicken, but I can't find one?
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi armchairexpert, i know there is a 'rubber chicken' thread (called so because it describes making a chicken s-t-r-e-t-c-h!)..i'll see if i can hunt it down :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure