Lulabelle's MFW Diary

Options

Comments

• lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    £37 and some pennies received from Quidco this morning - was tempted to keep it in the flex account but sent as a MOP.

Turning the town lights on this evening, so we will be wrapping up warm and joining in the festivities.

Have just wrapped the presents that have been tricking in this week.... I think just a few more items enroute and then we're done. Just need to make sure that i'm not tempted to buy more and more as we get close to Christmas.

Family visitors for this weekend have just cancelled, so feeling a little bit sad as we were really looking forward to it. :(
  • Well done on your £co OP.

That's a shame your weekend visitors cancelled last minute - oh well, think of all the things you can get done instead. There's always the new year for catching up!

Enjoy the town Christmas lights!
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Thanks MRN - it was unavoidable sadly, Mr has been called in to work very late Sat night to do some work on their computer systems during the night.... We'll see them over Christmas so it's all good.....
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Options
    lulabelle1 wrote: »

Turning the town lights on this evening(

Are you famous and just not letting on?:D
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Options
    lulabelle1 wrote: »
    I do sometimes think it would be lovely to have carpet in the lounge but every time something is spilt (fairly often), I breathe a sigh of relief.

The very reason I opted for floorboards, the amount of times the dog has barfed up, as being a greedy cocker spaniel her eyes are always bigger than her belly.

I am always having to vax up spillages in the living room:cool:
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,464 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We've never had a floor spillage in our living room. Then again, no pets, no kids. Bliss? ;)
  • Skittle
    Skittle Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    nattypants wrote: »
    The very reason I opted for floorboards, the amount of times the dog has barfed up, as being a greedy cocker spaniel her eyes are always bigger than her belly.

We're having this dilemma at the moment. I always said I'd never have anything but carpet in the living room but we have a kitty who occasionally has accidents. I suggested wood flooring to my OH but neither of us are really sure.
    Mortgage currently £89,663
    On the road to mortgage freedom :D

• lulabelle1
    Options
    Things always get spilt in our house, particularly in the lounge. Plus the cat occasionally throws up or makes a feast of a poor mouse in the kitchen......

We've had oak floors throughout the downstairs for around 9 years now and never looked back. Very easy maintenance. I just Hoover up as normal and then mop every now and then. If you have wood and not laminate it's surprising warm on your feet. A big rug for the lounge is essential though....

Still nice to have carpets on the stairs and upstairs......

As much as the children and cat make a bit if a mess, home wouldn't be home without them and I remind myself that one day I will miss tidying up Lego, Moshi monsters and action men.

It was freezing in our little town tonight. The boys had fun and were treated to some candy floss, a fair ride and a go in the tombola. Was lovely to get back home to the warmth. Hot chocolates made with milk, cream and chocolate coming up ince DH has had his bath. I think I'll have a few marshmallows on mine too, yummy.

Does anyone watch dexter? We've downloaded the latest season and are 3 episodes in, it's fab. True blood finished this week so I needed a replacement, although nothing quite makes up for Eric the vampire.....
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Skittle wrote: »
    We're having this dilemma at the moment. I always said I'd never have anything but carpet in the living room but we have a kitty who occasionally has accidents. I suggested wood flooring to my OH but neither of us are really sure.

We deliberated but never regretted it. I really love wooden floors downstairs.....
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    nattypants wrote: »

My first dog was a golden cocker spaniel..... Loved her big floppy ears. She was bought when it was my 3rd birthday and I used to push her around in my pram when she was a puppy. She got rather smelly when she got older bless her.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure