🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Lulabelle's MFW Diary

Options

Comments

• lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Absolutely... I think I change my focus weekly!
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    And thanks for the positive words AJ X
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    I knew I shouldn't have looked back....

When I started my Diary, the o/s balance was £134k.

In October 2014 it was down to £53k with an expected paid off date of May 2016.

As of now we're back up to £125k with an expected end date of around 2025.

SIGH!!!!!!
  • lulabelle1
    edited 6 January 2016 at 11:04AM
    Options
    Just sorted out the landlord insurance which is due next month... renewal came through £20 more than last year (no idea why). So, one quick quote via TCB and I've saved £50 on the renewal premium AND I will also get £85 cashback (which has already tracked, minutes later..). So a total saving of £135 compared to the renewal and a total net cost to us of £49.

I'm going to be alcohol free this month. Not for any other reason than I'd like to save a bit of money on the supermarket spends (although we only bought a bottle of wine a week anyway). Also, it can only do some good in regards to the slightly expanded Christmas waistline.
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Sill no wine consumed or purchased... Food shopping done and considerably less spent than the last few times.

Trying to be snack free as well this month, easier said than done.

Tidied the accounts yesterday and chucked a bit more at the OP's. That's it now until the end of the year (earliest) but feeling better that at least something has been paid off.

Early start this morning and an awful long drive in the pitch black heavy rain... Foggy too, it was horrible. Another meeting tomorrow go to, looking forward to the week being over, it's been a busy one.

Have politely turned down a friends invite to go shopping on Sunday. I really don't fancy traipsing around the shops. There's nothing I want or need, so looking for the sakes of it just seems like a recipe for disaster. I don't really enjoy actual shops anyway unless there's something specific that I need to go and get.
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Just back from another meeting out.. a Skype call in 15 mins and then a quick catch up on emails and that's me finished and ready for the weekend. It's been a long and exhausting week. Some exciting work things, but some crappy work things too to deal with.

Some very sad news yesterday, another reminder that life is short and we don't know whats around the corner. :(

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, Lula x
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    January and Feb are such miserable months aren't they.. so grey, cold and just well, a bit rubbish really.

I'm trying stupidly hard to resist spending money. I have come close on numerous occasions but have thankfully closed my browser just in time.

Although, I did buy some toiletries the other day online and with TCB. Can't really avoid that though, sadly.

We're sticking to meal plans and there's been no take aways or eating outs, although tbh, we're usually pretty good with this anyway - habit now I guess.

Away with work for a few days this week - no where particularly hot, but it will be warmer than it is here!
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Food Shop list and menu plan until the 24th of the month is done - DH will get it done tomorrow... I've mixed it up a bit - some meat meals, some veggie meals and a handful of things that will be portioned and popped in the freezer for additional meals in a few weeks time.

Lotions and potions have been decanted in to tiny travel size pots for my trip away this week - I like to take everything with me and since I only ever take a carry on case, all of that stuff needs to fit in to the plastic bag. Years of experience has made me fairly efficient with this :)

A bit awkward travelling at this time of year though as need to wear warmish clothes for the journey there and back to the airport and then need totally different clothes whilst at destination as totally different climate. First world problems...
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    And back from the 24 hour round trip to Malta!

Weather was beautiful today. Went for a lovely walk to a couple of little bays near the hotel. The sea was stunning. Great client meeting and a lovely dinner last night. All in all a very good trip.

No more travels until Feb.. It's going to be an epic one, literally the other side of the world with a few detours all in the space of a week. Dreading all of the flights but looking forward to visiting some new countries, albeit briefly.

Money news.. Nothing exciting. Still no spends and food shopping reigned in a bit.

TCB up to about £85 now.. (£45 cash back from Emirates for my Feb trip which is a nice little bonus).
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,122 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    24 hour trip in the sunshine sounds fabulous.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport