Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Good morning on this glorious Spring day, with a heavy snow laden sky, instead of a beautiful blue sky with a yellow ball floating round in it........

Halif@x shuffle completed
    78p TT OP

Quick snow update, whilst I've been typing its changed from wet mushy snow to big lumps of snow falling :eek:

Have now changed my schedule and working from home with all meetings as telecons instead. One of the cars has chosen last night to die on us and means we can't both be in offices.

Mr T is looking very sophisticated this morning with a suit. I asked whether he was wearing shirt jewellery, so he added cuff links :rotfl:

Weather update - snow has stopped again :j

Kids are away this weekend so Mr T and I have a weekend of peace and quiet. Hoping to go to the theatre or cinema on Saturday night but struggling to find anything we like. My need to go further afield :eek:

I am loving knowing the loft is so organised :)

I'm on two long con calls today so will do my utmost to clear the ironing.

Really do want to empty my wardrobe and sort it out - in fact I may even dust and vacuum when they are empty. I am ONY putting back clothes I really like. This is my time to be completely ruthless. May think about eb@ying or car boot, last resort will be the CS. I have taken in so much stuff in the past which I could have sold, I need to earn as much as I can.

Right, that's it, I need to get cracking. Poached egg on toast for me, with a cup of tea.

Best wishes Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    TCB £5.05 claimed :T
  • ztan
    ztan Posts: 400 Forumite
    Options
    Good work Tilly. You are always so busy I'm impressed!

I'm with you, I like strength and cardio- my favs are Body Pump (lots of pumping of iron and sweating) and Body Attack (tonnes of hopping and running around super vomit inducing)

Jealous of your brekkie, thats my fav!
    MFW 2010- £112,500 + 20% Equity Loan = £150,000 35 years :o
    2013- £108,877.28 + 20% / current OP = 19 years :T

Target to be Shared Equity Free- 2016
    Target for holiday to Australia- 2014
    Currently training for a Commando Challenge- drop and give me 20
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    ztan wrote: »
    Good work Tilly. You are always so busy I'm impressed!

I'm with you, I like strength and cardio- my favs are Body Pump (lots of pumping of iron and sweating) and Body Attack (tonnes of hopping and running around super vomit inducing)

Jealous of your brekkie, thats my fav!

I really wouldn't be impressed at all. I am a complete lunatic with huge amounts of energy but when my energy drops I don't want to do anything at all. Fortunately though, it is very rare for my mood to drop that low. So I can still be happy and positive but Knackered :rotfl:

If I were younger I would enjoy body attack I think - I'm looking forward to Zumba though and my DD is going for moral support to the first one.

Tilly x x
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,592 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Enjoy your class I'm sure you will love it. There are many different styles of instructor hope you get a good one we have a mad Russian I love her class
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125 May £0) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning, we've woken to a winter wonderland.

Hope the kids have a good time away in the snow, cold etc. Mr T and I are going to do an inventory of the freezer - we so know how to live :rotfl: Plus I'm going to do the menu plan for April whilst Mr T tries a new bread recipe from the PH book.

I need to buy chicken, fresh veg, fruit, yoggy but nothing else today. I am guessing £20 ish.

We are walking the hounds this afternoon and taking them to a wood which is beautiful - I love watching them run and we are taking the camera to catch some memories as well. I'm putting a printed photo album together of the animals over the years, so that will be 4 cats and two dogs with pics dating back to 1986 - not sure about the quality of the earlier ones as we will have to scan them. Hopefully it will work.

Mr T and I had thought the cinema or theatre would be fun but there is nothing on within a 20 miles radius and with the delightful weather we will snuggle up at home.

Have a fab snowy day

Tilly x x
  • Thistlewhistle
    Options
    If you wanted to be REALLY money saving, you could find somewhere to go where you can enjoy their central heating whilst turning yours down at home!!:rotfl::rotfl:

That's the only trouble with snow and cold weather. I know that whilst I'm working, I'll have to have the gas fire on. It's not that I'm not well wrapped up, but if the house is cold, your fingers get cold and then I can't type properly.

I think the gas companies will be rubbing their hands this weekend!!!
    Mortgage at end 05/2007: £90200
    Mortgage at end 08/2018: £71646 paid £18354 (20.5%)
    MFD: :eek:Original:05/2042:eek:
    Car Finance: £8225 : £6392 (22.2% paid off)
    CC Debt (0% until 06/2020): £5640 : £4400 (21.7% paid off)

Age of Money at 31/08/2018 = 23 days

YNAB is changing the way I live my life....and spend my money!!
  • lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh Tilly, I have visions of you shopping for the chicken with a big hat on :rotfl:

Enjoy the meal planning, feel free to share it if you feel like inspiring me!

I'm meeting our local Kumon lady this afternoon with DS1 - she'll assess him and enrol him so that he can get started with his first session on Thursday. I had a long chat with her yesterday on the phone and it seems like it will be just the right thing for improving his confidence in Maths. Thank you x
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    YAY, shopping has come in at just over £21 - haven't sorted the freezer yet as it is SO cold in the garage. Menu plan will have to wait until the freezer is sorted. Hopefully there may be some bargains lurking next weekend as its the BH :T

I have sorted out the next theme of stuff to go on eb@y and written up the blurb ready to go. I'm LOVING the clearing out of stuff.

Last person finally paid for their eb@y purchase from last Sunday. All others paid really quickly so it is a little annoying. Anyway, I'm off to the post office to send it off and I'm ready for the next FLW.

I'm out a couple of times next week to have dinner with friends - their houses and I'm taking starters. As I sorted one of the kitchen cupboards out today, I realise I have some quinoa lurking, so I will make a tabbouleh type salad for one of the starters. I have a butternut squash in the garage so I think it will be butternut squash soup for the other one.

It's weird without the kids, given my love of having a houseful, however, it's enabled us to crack on with loads of stuff and we're not needed for taxi service which is a delight.

Just remembered I need to make a mocha cake tomorrow morning, as the kids will come home starving. I've had orders for dinner as well :)

Back to work now - snow has stopped :j

Tilly x
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,969 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a great weekend without the kids Tilly :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback