Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• Vala-Mal-Doran
    Options
    I know what you mean - I get like that everytime I see that How clean is your house type programmes!!:eek:

I had a mass ebay session this weekend - sold 4 things but pleased with that. I agree with writing stuff up as you go along - it maakes everything so much easier. Nothing can be done about the wrapping and addressing tho...:o
    Simplify and then Simplify some more!
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Nothing can be done about the wrapping and addressing tho...:o
    Am I so dreadfully wrong in saying I think our two teenage kids should take this responsibility for Tilly sales :o. They will probably kill me now

Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Having just watched the OCD cleaners on channel 4, I now want to declutter absolutely everything..... Squirrel,
    I haven't heard of that programme, may need to check :)
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning, DS said 'eb@y wrapping is your job Mum'. Looks like I'll be continuing then.

Payday today :T

H@lifax money shuffle done

Have gone mad and made a £5.70 TT OP this morning.

Mortgage payment next week will see us into the teens I think. I need to go back and check my signature.

Edited to add: we will be in the teens but I forgot to mention the £200k bit :) which is in front of the teens.

Have a good day, Tilly
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Am I so dreadfully wrong in saying I think our two teenage kids should take this responsibility for Tilly sales :o. They will probably kill me now

Tilly x x
    Hmmmmm, I need to rethink my strategy as DD often leaves stuff here, sells it on ebay and muggins here has to wrap and send for her :o. Don't really mind as proud of her for earning the pennies :T.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    I would wrap for them too, for the same reason. I am frequently shocked by their extravagance, but when I speak to friends about their adult children, it seems that they are relatively sensible. I fear for the future!
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    I would wrap for them too, for the same reason. I am frequently shocked by their extravagance, but when I speak to friends about their adult children, it seems that they are relatively sensible. I fear for the future!
    I guess I have this to come as my kids grow up :o

Lets hope they keep their sensible heads on, more likely that DS will be the one I have to keep my eye on.

Tilly x
  • abouttimetoo
    Options
    Hi alll

Currently in a hotel room and have decided no work tonight for me. Can't get free WIFI so currently posting via phone which seems to be working not too bad via 3G signal which is best I can get

So, tonight will be room service meal, which should arrive soon, then a nice little catchup on MFW diaries. Following that exhausting to do list :p I think I'll then have a nice early night

Gosh, this posting by phone is painful so thing my MSE catch-up will be limited to just reading tonight

Tilly, I saw your post about the teens fast approaching. Go you :j:j

Regards
    ATT xx
    MFW Start Date 1.4.08. Updated 23.1.18. MFW date 1.8.18
    Original Mortgage o/s £187,643 / £71,904 (-115,739)
    Repay o/s £92,661 / now £55,900 (-36,761)
    Int Only o/s £94,982, now £16,004 (-78,978)
    Total daily interest £1 [a) £0.77 b)£0.23
    Total OP's:2018 target £TBC YTD £1,995
  • catshark88
    catshark88 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    elantan wrote: »
    I looked at her and felt slight sympathy and replied " that's a shame that you feel that way, for me a card is just a moment in time that costs money, mr el got up at 5am the other day and cleared the drive way of snow so that I could safely get the car in, to me that's love "

We all change as we grow up, I think from the conversation I had with mil that day I realised once again how lucky and blessed I am ... Now to find the right kinda elephant garlic and treat myself :)

That is so lovely Elantan. I feel the same way abut my OH. The token card we did on the 14th was really nice, but the things he does, remembers and does "just to help" are worth so much more.

I think I have grown up a lot over the last few months and have learnt to appreciate what I have more and that "enough" is a very good word. This whole mortgage op/ need not want thing has been so valuable in ways other than £....
    "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    307 sleeps ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts